• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

DC Universe - Batman: Bad Blood

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Reaction score
The next DC Universe DTV will be BATMAN: BAD BLOOD.

Untitled_zps7bok5m2t.png

I'm sure we will get more details (and the other two releases) on Friday night after Justice League: Gods and Monsters premieres.

Alright, we've got the oval symbol, and costume that doesn't look like it has any of the armor line on it. Might we be looking at another adaptation movie?

Y'know, Mark Hamill's always said his dream project would be Killing Joke...

Edit: Then again, they'd almost certainly name it that.

Maybe we'll be lucky, and Bad Blood is some kind of inter-Batman-family feud.

That's the Jason O'Mara Batman, so it's almost certainly a continuation of the Damian saga.

A flashback to his first encounter with Ra's/Talia or something like that.

Oooooo, another Batman animated film.

Kinda annoying how DC entertainment decided to set up a DC animated movie universe and the only movies they make apart from the Justice League movies are Batman movies.

Considering how amazingly well both Son of Batman and Batman vs Robin sold... yes, another Batman animated film.

Was this sarcasm or did those movies sell truly amazingly? I haven't checked the sales so I have no idea lol.

Was this sarcasm or did those movies sell truly amazingly? I haven't checked the sales so I have no idea lol.

''Amazingly'' may be a tad much, but yes, both movies sold very well. Batman vs Robin was the only DC Animated Blu-Ray to hit No. 1 in the charts this year.

I'm really hoping Batman rocks that outfit for the whole film...

Considering how amazingly well both Son of Batman and Batman vs Robin sold... yes, another Batman animated film.

Are these new animated films selling better than the old ones?

No DVD sales have gone down the ****ter each year over the past 5 years especially.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Universe_Animated_Original_Movies#Sales_performance

DVD sales may have dwindled in general, but this DTV line is certainly not in ''the ****ter'' as WB would have stopped production long ago.

No end is currently in sight.

These DTV's are selling quite well in the current market, and don't forget, although DVD sales are down... digital sales are very healthy.

Sales have dropped because, IMO, the quality of these films themselves have dropped. I hhaven't been genuinely impressed by one of them since Returns in 2012.

Sales have dropped because, IMO, the quality of these films themselves have dropped. I hhaven't been genuinely impressed by one of them since Returns in 2012.

No... physical media is simply on it's way out. Outlets were even reporting just how well Batman vs Robin did on its debut. You cannot compare DVD/Blu-Ray sales today in 2015 to when this line started in 2007 (Having developed thanks to the DVD boom).

http://variety.com/2015/digital/news/strong-debut-on-disc-chart-for-batman-vs-robin-1201477827/

Hell, even FOX have stopped producing Simpsons DVD's. If these movies were not profitable, WB would have no hesitation on pulling the plug.

Sales dropping does not automatically equate to them not making profit.

I have enjoyed pretty much every Batman animated film so far. Hopefully they keep coming.

Sales dropping does not automatically equate to them not making profit.

Sales dropping does not automatically equate to poor fan response either. If fans disliked Son of Batman as much as most claim, why did Batman vs Robin come storming out of the gate?

I'm getting so bored of Batman movies. I swear people are gonna start turning off from Batman soon if they keep ramming him down people's throats so much. Please DC give us something else, even if it's just more JL movies with other heroes taking the starring roles or even have team up with Batman films but don't have him be the main character.

Another Batman movie! How new and different!

I love Batman and I'm actually worried about the character with the way DC push and push him. I do think it's gonna turn people off to see him so much. It happens to everything that's over exposed eventually people get fed up.

I love Batman and I'm actually worried about the character with the way DC push and push him. I do think it's gonna turn people off to see him so much. It happens to everything that's over exposed eventually people get fed up.

If Superman had twice the attention Batman has got over the past few years, I doubt you'd be saying the same thing. :o

Batman sells (for the most part). However, I do agree that they needs to go back to that Brave and the Bold approach and use him to introduce other heroes.

I'd love a Batman one done in the FlArrowverse. Something that can explain away Batman (And Superman for that matter) so the shows don't need to tip toe around him.

DVD sales may have dwindled in general, but this DTV line is certainly not in ''the ****ter'' as WB would have stopped production long ago.

-When did I say it was?

No end is currently in sight.

-When did I say there was?

These DTV's are selling quite well in the current market, and don't forget, although DVD sales are down... digital sales are very healthy.

-I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"