DC Universe - Justice League: Gods and Monsters

Well at least Timm devolped the story,designed many character designs and is producing.

A Timm overseen film Is better than the new 52 animated films.

The title "Gods and Monsters" seems to have the strongest, obvious connection to Wonder Woman.

But, it could proably mean anything. It may simply be how the villain (e.g. Lex Luthor) refers to the Justice League. It would be good if it did have a Wonder Woman focus.

...or maybe The New Gods?

Interesting. Seeing that JL image reminds me of how much I miss that lineup.

I hope timm treats every character equal with respect no more batgod or batwank..

alan burnett and bruce timm are great, there's basically no way this will be bad

maybe it's a 1 hr 30 min movie split into three parts

Ah so its a fancy way of them stretching out a movie while pushing Machinima lol touche WB

I hope timm treats every character equal with respect no more batgod or batwank..

Well if it's going to be a darker version of the Justice League, something like Injustice or Justice Lords, you can bet Batman is the mastermind strategist. :b

Well if it's going to be a darker version of the Justice League, something like Injustice or Justice Lords, you can bet Batman is the mastermind strategist. :b
Damn straight.Its the reason I dislike the animated universe wayyyyyy too much Batwank

Based on her twitter account, it's been confirmed that Susan Eisenberg won't be voicing Wonder Woman in any of the Gods and Monsters projects. I surmised that, given we'd be seeing some BT designs, that they'd get the old cast back together.

I won't be voicing #WW in BT's project, & I don't know who will. BUT if Bruce is involved, u know it'll be amazing!
I'm not overly disappointed but, for instance, it will be weird hearing another actors voice coming out of a Bruce Timm designed Batman model.

I've just seen the sneak peek for Justice League: Gods & Monsters, which has been pitched as ''Bruce Timm... left to his own devices''.

Surprisingly, this is the first Sneak peek which didn't reveal who was voicing the characters. I honestly couldn't place the voices myself... I want to say it's Ty Burrell doing Batman, but I'm probably WAY off base.

Some info:

The movie presents us with a very different ''TRINITY'' than the one we are used to:

- This SUPERMAN is the son of Zod, raised on earth by a migrant couple. He is direct, violent and potentially very unstable.

- BATMAN is almost a straight-up vampire. He is, in fact, Kirk Langstrom in this version, who after trying to cure his cancer with (inter-alia) BAT-VENOM, has retreated up into a mountainside home. Although he ''feeds'' on criminals, he has decided to help the innocent.

- WONDER WOMAN is (maybe?) Orion's wife in this version, with a large connection to Darkseid and Apokolips. They didn't delve too much into her backstory.

- LEX LUTHOR is sort of the ''Stephen Hawking'' of this universe. He has many physical issues and winds up in a wheelchair. A ''Demi-god'' who only descends upon the humans when he feels like it.

This is clearly a very different, very dark world, but Timm did claim that he wanted it to be as realistic as possible (outside of the JL Tower). As the movie opens, scientists (Victor Fries, William Magnus, Silas Stone, etc.) are being killed and the blame is placed on our dark heroes.

The design work by Bruce Timm/Shane Glines is nothing short of spectacular and I have to say, a big improvement over the recent Phil Bourassa models. It's the Timm look, so it doesn't break the mold, but it looks great all the same.

It doesn't offer anything new about the crew: Timm is the producer/character designer; Sam Liu is the director and Alan Burnett is in charge of the screenplay.

Release date: Summer 2015

That sounds like a pretty unique and inventive take on the Trinity, thanks for the update PP, where did you see the sneak peek?

That sounds like a pretty unique and inventive take on the Trinity, thanks for the update PP, where did you see the sneak peek?

Batman vs Robin (along with a few of it's special features) has been made officially available to buy on the UK iTunes. It'll probably be posted online in no time.

wow, such a strange & unique take

nevertheless, sounds very interesting

Batman vs Robin (along with a few of it's special features) has been made officially available to buy on the UK iTunes. It'll probably be posted online in no time.

Thanks. I wanted to buy the BR but Amazon don't have it and it's £20 on e bay. :csad:

That sounds fantastic. [BLACKOUT]Killing off Victor Fries is not cool however.[/BLACKOUT]

Can Timm do Red Son as well please?

Sounds like an interesting Elseworlds story.

First look:
http://nerdsontherocks.com/justice-league-gods-monsters/

EGecwYN.jpg

LbjHrrv.jpg

b3EHTHp.jpg

I'm curious why Timm decided to do this specific story. It's a huge departure from the canonical DTVs thus far and doesn't even seem to be connected at all with any of the original JL members.

Still looking forward to it because of the talent, but there's a tinge of disappointment knowing none of the Trinity are going to be handled by Timm.

It explains why in the featurette, it's what Tim wanted to do.
Holy crap. Did anyone else pick up that Batman is being voiced by Micheal C. Hall aka Dexter?
That has to be his voice! A vampire Batman with the voice of Dexter is pretty great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"