DC Universe - Batman: Bad Blood

That's not true at all,the villain plot was better than what we got in Arkham City and Arkham Knight and even Arkham Asylum for example. It utilized the skills of a diverse cast of villains rather ingeniously.
It was undoubtedly rushed,many elements that deserved more attention were glossed over and the characters' are not developed as well as they should be.But I attribute that to run time,their inability to make anything other than Batman & JL flicks and the ambitious nature of the plot But they promised us a suspenseful thriller and succeeded. If bashing these movies for not stacking up to Under the Hood is fair then I guess Sub Zero and Mystery of the Batwoman were crap for not being on par with Phantasm.
I've hated Son of Batman and Throne of Atlantis but people need to stop using them to criticize Bad Blood and Batman vs Robin.
We'll get our revolutionary Batman film in Killing Joke, all the best ones have Joker in them.
It's a 7/10 flick at the least and that's good enough for me personally,Dark Knight Returns are not produced every other day even in the comics.

Being better than the villain plot of Arkham Knight is a pretty low bar. :o

Sub Zero crap? Never heard anyone say that before.

I liked TOA but didn't like BvR or SOB because I thought they were bad movies. Omega at you like them which is fair enough but people have a right to dislike them.

I dont think it's crap and many are fond of it but it doesn't compare to MOPT. I'm saying it wouldn't be fair to hate it because it didn't live up to established standards. Here Under the Hood has become the standard and it amuses me to see everyone expect a movie of that calibre every few months.

Ofcourse everyone has their own preferences but I think something should be judged for what it is,while taking in to account all it's constraints and ambition.

Her design, if I am not mistaken, taken right from New 52 Burnside.

Okay, you're not mistaken. I thought you were implying something more substantial, hence the confusion considering her small role.

Being better than the villain plot of Arkham Knight is a pretty low bar. :o

Better than Asylum and it's army of juiced up freaks unleashed and City's lets blow everything up as well.
Neither or them even even fit Jokers and Hugo MO. Mind controlling people is at least what Hatter does.

Eh, maybe it's just me but [BLACKOUT]"Let's kidnap Bruce Wayne and have Mad Hatter mind control him so we can use his technology to mind control people and take over the world!"[/BLACKOUT] is just a silly plot. It's not out of character, though not really what I care to see [BLACKOUT]Talia[/BLACKOUT] doing, but I just don't think it's really engaging.

Eh, maybe it's just me but [BLACKOUT]"Let's kidnap Bruce Wayne and have Mad Hatter mind control him so we can use his technology to mind control people and take over the world!"[/BLACKOUT] is just a silly plot. It's not out of character, though not really what I care to see [BLACKOUT]Talia[/BLACKOUT] doing, but I just don't think it's really engaging.

I myself thought Talia's
heel turn
was ridiculous but that's pretty much what the character has been across the board for the last several years.

Watched Bad Blood a couple of days ago. It was alright.

Nightwing was easily the most engaging part of the movie but overall this was another pretty bleh release. I think it's the best of the ones released with the Damian story line they seem to like so much but it's getting old. The voice cast isn't the greatest and the character designs aren't my cup of tea.

Nightwing was easily the most engaging part of the movie but overall this was another pretty bleh release. I think it's the best of the ones released with the Damian story line they seem to like so much but it's getting old. The voice cast isn't the greatest and the character designs aren't my cup of tea.

I watched bad blood a few days ago only because I'm a hardcore Nightwing/grayson fan and like you said the nightwing stuff were the highlight but the film was awful to be honest.
I'm looking forward to JL vs the titans one and hopefully Superman red son will be announced sometime in the coming months because that story is long overdue for a DTV.

I had a dream they announced some new ones and they were Batman Arkham Asylum and Superman Begins. I was stoked but then I woke up :csad:

Just finished watching it. Total bore fest. Don't know if this was better than the "Son of Batman" which was also a dud. Hey DC maybe we can chill on the Batman stuff and go in another direction? Like maybe Dr. Fate or another Captain Marvel movie or one on Guy Gardner? Just an opinion. I guess cash is king and it is only about Supes, Bats, and the Justice League.

Just finished watching it. Total bore fest. Don't know if this was better than the "Son of Batman" which was also a dud. Hey DC maybe we can chill on the Batman stuff and go in another direction? Like maybe Dr. Fate or another Captain Marvel movie or one on Guy Gardner? Just an opinion. I guess cash is king and it is only about Supes, Bats, and the Justice League.

Well yeah, unless you plan to buy every single copy of this Dr. Fate movie they put out.

They should use heroes like Batman, Superman and the JL in original content to push other heroes like they did for the Flash (Flashpoint Paradox), Aquaman (Throne of Atlantis) and now the Titans (JL vs the Titans). Even though the results vary, the idea of using the big heroes to push the smaller ones is a sound one.

For me they should drop this continuity they are doing and give adaptations and original ideas for the films using the idea I've said for the non adaptation ones.

I get the damian angle from the producers stand point. It's batman but it's an great avenue for the younger audience. And frankly when these animated shows don't cater to kids they get canned. Fans probably owe alot to damian that these things are being made at the rate they are.

That being said I've always hated the character and when i saw he was coming to the animated realm, and with this version of batman...I knew it wasn't going to be for me. Shame young justice isn't still around otherwise he'd be front and center...then again I saw the new titansVjla trailer..

otherwise he'd be front and center...then again I saw the new titansVjla trailer..

WB took down all the sneak peak exclusive vids. For certain there's a substantial emphasis on Raven and Damien.

Absolutely horrendous. I don't even know why i keep watching these animated movies. They're only 70 minutes but i always find it very hard to sit all the way through them. They're just boring. That's the best way i can describe them. How can a 70 minute movie be that boring? Everything is just bland, predictable, messy and extremely poorly written. The entire movie feels like a constant non-stop climax. Just stop already. Make something good. Good character development, good story, well crafted art. Do something with love. Stop with the fast food already. I just wanna watch a good animated movie. Dark Knight Returns was very good. I wonder why they can't make more of those.

Fast food is a good analogy.

I thought the Talia and Damien Clone thing was extremely interesting. Batwoman and Nightwing were the best parts of it. Batwing was pointless and didn't fit.

I didn't hate it but didn't love it either.

Saw this on a torrent site about a week ago so I thought id download it, it wasnt good but it was okay

Fast food is a good analogy.

I thought the Talia and Damien Clone thing was extremely interesting. Batwoman and Nightwing were the best parts of it. Batwing was pointless and didn't fit.

I didn't hate it but didn't love it either.

The problem is: these movies might give you a couple of interesting concepts, but they do absolutely nothing with them. They wanna do a lot of things at the same time and they end up doing nothing. That Talia and Damien thing right there could be an entire movie. But no. It's just 10% of one 70 minute minute. It's just bad and it's just sad. I'm not even kidding when i say that it makes me sad to know that there are a lot of people to whom this is good enough. They'll eat anything and ask for more, and that's the reason they don't bother giving us quality. Even the animation is uninspiring. It just looks like any other random cartoon.

Why do they even need so many characters in movies/comics? To sell toys? Because i don't really think they make Batman stories more interesting. But hey, this is just my opinion. Apparently people love overstuffed Batman stories. A character as interesting as Batman doesn't need 5 sidekicks around. And it doesn't fit, IMO. It takes away from the mystique of the character to have him interacting with so many people. I like my Batman to be more ghost like: He appears from nothing, he kicks butts, he vanishes. Doesn't talk much, doesn't have many "friends". That's the beauty of the character. You put him around too many people and he is no longer a creature; he is just a dude in a batsuit.

Also thought it was ok, wasn't terrible, but not good or memorable either. The cast felt bloated by adding Batwing, his addition seemed completely unnecessary. Also found the villain reveal and motivations to be underwhelming. The DCAU after Flashpoint has set the bar pretty low though, so an effort that isn't terrible is a step in the right direction at least. Looking forward to JL vs TT at this point, that one's trailer impressed me more than Bad Blood's trailer so I'm optimistic.

Also a nice little plug for Killing Joke at the end of Bad Blood. Least that's what I think that was, since they announced that's one of their next films.

Last edited:
Finally got and watched it. It was OK. Nice to finally see Batwoman and Batwing. It's comforting knowing they used them to expand the family since the safest bet I would argue would be Batgirl. Unfortunately, they make the movie feel a bit crammed. And I'm a die hard Batwoman fan, but it may have been more interesting if it was just about Dick & Damian.
Fun seeing a bunch of villains of course, though Heretic was a bit wasted. Talia's portrayal didn't bother me, at this is more or less the Morrison version. Though I was surprised in how cavalier and gun ho this movie was with the deaths. Does it bother me? Kind of, not really. It more or less comforts me that a character is not killed off so we have a chance to see them again.
The problem I'm starting to notice is there is very little story being told, it's mainly fight scenes and action, which they do well at. Can't deny I was damn entertained to watch Talia and Batwoman fight, being two of my favorite women of DC. This may rank lower for me, where I still liked Batman VS. Robin the most, but hate Throne of Atlantis the most.

When compared to the comics, the story is always lacking. What people often forget is how many mediocre and borderline horrible DC comics there are.

I thought Bad Blood was more than alright. It was good, compared to the latest things they've released from the New 52.
After butchering the Court of Owls and Throne of Atlantis storylines, this felt refreshing. Far away from the JL Gods and Monsters quality, but still alright.

I'm also glad to see that the lame puns and one liners have decreased significantly. Except for Dick's nunjas ( which was arguably funny), the dialogue was okay. Not really good, not exceptional, but it didn't ruin the movie in anyway.

As a whole I would give Bad Blood a 6.5 score, rounding it up to 7. I think it's probably the best Batman animated movie from the New 52 so far.

P.S I'm so glad they are introducing characters such as Batwoman and Batwing. Hopefully Jason will appear soon as well.

I enjoyed the movie quite much. It start a bit slow but by the end you see a lot of action, including Batman beating the crap out of Nightwing which made me feel bad for Dick. All does years of training, going out on he's own, taking on the Bat mantle... for what? I'll be surprised if he gets over that beating. Overall a good animated movie, although they used to be a bit better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"