The Dark Knight Should Nolan hire Danny Elfman this time?

it's fun to to wish for Danny Elfman, but don't tell me that there's people who really want him back...Nothing against Elfman (talented man)

Elfman's scores were great, but I don't think his music fits the tone of Nolan's Batman all that well.

That said, Howard/Zimmer need to be adjusted. I suggest bringing back only Howard to write the score, or finding somebody else (there are plenty of interesting possible candidates - Jon Debney or Dario Marianelli). The duo's score was fine, but only fine.

wait, isn't Walker's theme a tweaked version of Elfman's theme. THerefore you wouldn't have an animated theme without Elfman?

Octoberist said:
wait, isn't Walker's theme a tweaked version of Elfman's theme. THerefore you wouldn't have an animated theme without Elfman?
for the BTAS? yes.

the current Batman animated series music wasnt composed by Walker.

casketmouth said:
Ok then how about mission impossible?? That is a more drama/ suspense flick
Not sure what youre trying to get at casket?
I never said I didnt like Elfmans work on Batman. I just meant his compositions in Chicago were different than his other work. If anything thats a compliment, he was able to take the style of someone elses work and successfully compose complimentary music out of his comfort zone.
Though, I agree, zimmer and howard should continue with Batman. Unless Nolan wants to go with a different musical feel for TDK which is possible considering he has said it will go in a different direction than BB(or something like that).

Fenrir said:
No, no the score itself was great, but if you pay more attention, it's also quite repetitive and hence feels incomplete.
I think it might have felt repetitive compared to other scores because the music was played through out almost the entire movie.
I actually watched it one time just to figure out when the score stopped and couldnt tell. More than likely I was distracted by the movie itself ;) but it was one of those rare occasions in movies that the score was underlying in almost every scene.
Faint, but there. Incredible execution in my opinion.
I have, however, yet to listen to it on its own.

I love the Batman Begins score and think it fits the movie really well. Elfman on TDK would just be confusing.

FOG3 said:
I love the Batman Begins score and think it fits the movie really well. Elfman on TDK would just be a ****ing **** move by Nolan.
Completely, and utterly agree.

7Hells said:
I think it might have felt repetitive compared to other scores because the music was played through out almost the entire movie.
I actually watched it one time just to figure out when the score stopped and couldnt tell. More than likely I was distracted by the movie itself ;) but it was one of those rare occasions in movies that the score was underlying in almost every scene.
Faint, but there. Incredible execution in my opinion.
I have, however, yet to listen to it on its own.
That's what I liked about it, the score was unobtrusive, setting the mood without being overly obvious, nice and subtle. It didn't bash you over the head saying "NOTICE ME!!",

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"