The Dark Knight Should Nolan hire Danny Elfman this time?

Catman

Avenger
Reaction score
NOTE: I don't wanna read any, "Danny Elfman's music wouldn't fit Nolan's "realistic" world vision. Thats a load of crap and you know it. Elfman has composed plenty of films taking place in the real world. Plus, he composed the Men in Black movies which take place in a modern (and pretty realistic) New York City. So, lets stop with that.

My post:

I don't know if Zimmer/Newton Howard have been signed yet. But, if they don't return should Nolan bring Danny Elfman on board? Now with The Joker as the villain I think Elfman's music would be brilliant. Cause regardless of how serious Nolan's Joker is, the character will always be a guy with a clown face laughing all the time and making jokes. So, there's always gonna be some tongue & cheek music following the character around. Even Shirley Walker understood this when working on the cartoons and animated films. Go back and watch the cartoons. The music for the villains were serious and even emotional at times. The Joker was the one who had that circus-type and silly theme. And, it fit the character perfectly. So, if Shirley Walker has already proven that its what fits the character then I don't know why Elfman can't step in and compose a new version of his Joker Waltz. While at the same time providing Batman with the heroic theme he deserves.

I could care less who composes it as long as they stick to the style of BB - that deep resonating dark intimidating sound. This fits Nolan's Batman.

I liked Zimmer/Howard's score in the first, because it was PERFECT for the tone of Batman Begins, just like Elfman's was perfect for Tim Burton's. Now that the film is no longer about the beginning of Batman's career I'm sure that Zimmer and Howard's score will change to match the new movie. I don't want Elfman because he'd remind me too much of burton's batman and burton's version of the joker...which we won't see in this film.

No. I would like Zimmer and Howard to return and score TDK.

Danny Elfman's music wouldn't fit Nolan's "realistic" world vision.

Seriously...did you watch Batman Begins??

Elfman hasn't done much aside from "Burton Bombs" in the last decade, and his music is just a style that is so far different than what Nolan's films are on screen. The two perfect composers for BB were Zimmer & Newton-Howard, and I hope that at least one, if not both, come back. Every time I hear a Danny Elfman tune, I think it's time for Halloween and that I should go cut something and act like a ******. I hope he's never even thought about.

i posted something like this awhile back. i'm not sure if i want to have Elfman back because he has a tendency to referrence himself too much (like John Williams). however, i would really like that the Batman theme that Elfman composed be weaved into the current style of this franchise, its doesnt have to be the whole theme, just the notable 5-6 notes that you can hum right off the top of your head.

I really dont want Elfman or the them for The Dark Knight.... it should be something fresh but sticking with the Begins style. I would seriously consider Clint Mansell if they didnt get the other 2 back. His style would fit very well with Batman AND Joker.

No, Elfman should not be anywhere near this franchise.

All they need to do is bring back Hans Zimmer/James Newton Howard combo and tell those guys to bump up their game a notch. Even though their work on Begins was great, there is a lot of room for improvement for it's nowhere near to the level of these two great composers at their best (a lot of the music in Begins is repeated and recycled and they seriously need to fix that). Seriously, we have got two of whom are considered to be arguably the most well-known and talented composers in the biz today (well, aside from John Williams) working together on the Begins sequel and here we have Elfman junkies.

Enough Elfman, I say! :mad:

No seriously, he put out a great score for the Burton films but he also has a very distinct style that is instantly recognizable as "Elfman" and I don't want that. The Begins score was a much-needed breath of fresh air in that it was completely different Batman music than we've ever heard before - tribal drums, heavy electronics, all very atmospheric stuff instead of the heroic trumpet march we've heard before oh-so-many times.

Anyways, perhaps since it was their first collaberation was why these two greats couldn't give anything closer to their finest work but now as they have grown more accustomed to each other's styles they can really hit it out of the ballpark. Can't wait to see what these two amazing composers come up with, especially since Nolan has said that it's going to be even darker than Begins. Let's hope WB locks them down for The Dark Knight.

Should they bring back Elfman? No. His theme is classic.

But I'd definitely like a new composer, because I thought the score for BB was very flat and unmemorable.

Catman said:
I don't wanna read any, "Danny Elfman's music wouldn't fit Nolan's "realistic" world vision. Thats a load of crap and you know it.
No. I don't know it.:)

Elfman is done with Batman and Hans Zimmer/James Newton Howard theme is perfect for this new Batman

I like the new theme better than the B89 theme, so I say keep the current compsers...

Elisha Cuthbert said:
I don't want Elfman because he'd remind me too much of burton's batman and burton's version of the joker...which we won't see in this film.
Completely agreed. I wanted to lynch somebody every time the Williams theme came up in SR.

I've seen fan vids of elfman's score with begin's footage and all I can say is... Elfman and Nolan do not mix. I usually love hearing Elfman's batman score but for some reason I loathed it to death while watching it with Begins footage.
Elfman, like Shumacher, should come nowhere near the new franchise.

I like the BB music composers just fine. Is Elfman doing Spiderman though? I could be wrong.

xanberkeley said:
I like the BB music composers just fine. Is Elfman doing Spiderman though? I could be wrong.

He did the first two Spideys. He's not returning for Spidey 3.

yeah...Elfman should touch no part of these films. haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"