• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight Should Nolan hire Danny Elfman this time?

Fenrir said:
Actually, when Donner's Superman was a first released, a lot of people criticized John William's Superman theme for being a knock-off of his Star Wars theme. Wierd, huh? :confused:
I can believe it, actually. They're really quite similar - which isn't that surprising since Williams wrote them both in such a short period of time.

I've noticed Williams "ripping himself off" a few times, actually. Episode I and the first Harry Potter movie, Episode II and Minority Report...

I liked Batman Begins score. Bring back Zimmer/Howard.

Fenrir said:
Am I the only one who thought the music that plays in Begins when Bruce runs to the cave after Rachel leaves for Arkham Asylum easily surpasses Elfman's theme?

You're not alone. The Begins score was awesome.

I dont know why you'd want to change composers Howard and Zimmer did awesome work, and I cant wait to see what they come up with for the sequel.

No, I don't want to hear his music theme again.

Elfman is great composer and he made great job in B89 and BR, but this Nolan's trilogy wilkl have everuthing different.

I wand Zimmer and Howard to come back, because I liked thier music and I hope they will score for TDK and 3rd movie :up:

^^I agree.I wouldn't mind David Julyan either. He's done all all of Nolan films except BB and will also be doing The Prestige i think.

CConn said:
I've noticed Williams "ripping himself off" a few times, actually.

Yeah, Elfman does that too. (Not to say I don't like him)

as for the topic question: No.

No I don't want Elfman's theme because it's a different franchise.

Enough of that, guys. Elfman´s score was great for Burton´s version of Batman, Zimmer and Howard are great for Nolan´s version.

I really like all of Elfman's stuff, especially what he did on burton's batman. But i think it's innapropiate to use a composer who's already done Batman. That was a totally different film, and it's theme went with it. This is also a different film, so i don't want to hear Elfman's 'mark' on it.

It's just not appropiate, also seeing as Nolan wants to get as far away as possible from previous films.

as a side not, i didn't particularly enjoy the second half of the score for begins. Pre-Gotham it was awesome.

BBegins score was amazing. Really groundbracking genius the wat it kept the movie apart the other superhero flicks. Batman Begins its really a kind of a special thing among the so caled "superhero films" scores. No big march resembling the original Superman scores but sounding a litle diferent. I love Danny elfman in Batman and Batman returns as superhero is concerned. Really left me indeferent to him in Spider-man and Hulk. As far as I'm concerned leave Tim Burton, Sam Hamm, Bob Ringwood, Daniel Waters, Bo Welch, Akiva Goldsman, Elliot Goldenthal, Barbara Ling, Joel Schumacher and Danny Elfman away from this new series that it might become the BEST superhero series in movie history. They did their job in the past. Some did the best they could do. Other the worst I ever saw in Batman's almost 70 years. I say keep it fresh and in track with Batman Begins Nolans aproach.

CristiMAN said:
BBegins score was amazing. Really groundbracking genius the wat it kept the movie apart the other superhero flicks. Batman Begins its really a kind of a special thing among the so caled "superhero films" scores. No big march resembling the original Superman scores but sounding a litle diferent. I love Danny elfman in Batman and Batman returns as superhero is concerned. Really left me indeferent to him in Spider-man and Hulk. As far as I'm concerned leave Tim Burton, Sam Hamm, Bob Ringwood, Daniel Waters, Bo Welch, Akiva Goldsman, Elliot Goldenthal, Barbara Ling, Joel Schumacher and Danny Elfman away from this new series that it might become the BEST superhero series in movie history. They did their job in the past. Some did the best they could do. Other the worst I ever saw in Batman's almost 70 years. I say keep it fresh and in track with Batman Begins Nolans aproach.

*takes a deep breath after reading your post*

whew...

It's like questioning: Should Nolan bring 1989 Batmobile this time? Or Bob Ringwood? Or should Michael Keaton dress the cowl again? Or the yellow oval?

Move on, and we are in track for something big Nolan nails the Joker the way he did Batman in Begins. If we are luck the same crew returns for a third one. Imagine it like a Spider-man aproach. If its done right, we are some lucky batman fans!!!!!!

Bottom line: HELL NO.

Elfman's music is so awful it makes Lawrence Welk sound good.His Batman89 theme was abysmal and he really as no place being near Nolan's Batman.

silentflute said:
Bottom line: HELL NO.

Elfman's music is so awful it makes Lawrence Welk sound good.His Batman89 theme was abysmal and he really as no place being near Nolan's Batman.

you must be on drugs.:down

He IS on drugs... Danny Elfman is a genius but that doesn't change the fact this is a new franchise and has nothing to do with the pre-2005 Batman movies...

I for one went nuts when Begins didn't play the Batman theme.. I highly doubt it'll make it in since the first didnt have it, but I can only hope it does.

Ragnarocker said:
I for one went nuts when Begins didn't play the Batman theme.. I highly doubt it'll make it in since the first didnt have it, but I can only hope it does.

Why should it? I mean it's restart of a franchise unless you think Begins was Batman 5?

Danny Elfman did good with B89... and he did good with everything until Sleepy Hollow. After Sleepy Hollow Mr. Elfman has lowered his standards a lot unfortunately...

Elfman's overrated, he's bad, he was never good. People can say everything when they think bashing and negativism is a way to defend something else.

Catman said:
You're basing your opinion on what you've heard before. If Elfman was hired he would write new compositions that would fit the tone Nolan is going for.
No, I'm basing my opinion on every Elfam does. He has a very well-defined style that doesn't fit the tone of Nolan's films.

Elfman has a style. When he was hired to score Hulk he did something quite different as he was asked by Ang Lee todo so. Elfman said that Lee heard his compositions and sometimes Ang said 'Mh, no. It is too Elfman'. In the end he created something very different.

Still, the current BB composers are so good that it's craziness to wonder if they should hire someone else, Elfman or who ever.

Yes, I hadn't thought of Hulk (loved that score). But I still prefer to keep Zimmer and Howard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"