Sequels Should Spider-Verse be the plot of the threequel?

Green Goblin

Crawling on walls
Reaction score
Given all the rumors and speculation, should we get Maguire and Garfield back for this film or should there just be a continuation of the identity reveal plot in Far From Home?

It depends on what they do with Stange 2. If there's a good amount of stage setting then maybe they could handle it. If not then I say use Spider-man 3 as a prelude to a Sinister Six film.

wouldn't the multiverse theory be the best way to set up the S6? as it would instantly double the amount of per-exiting villains that can be used (with out set up and back story) combining all the previous movies, we've already seen nearly all the original 6 at some point

Well , excluding the villains who died in the first two Raimi films, if they wanted a Sinister six made up of villains from the 3 franchises it could look like

Lizard - Rhys Ifans
Electro- Jaime Foxx
Sandman-Thomas Haden Church
Vulture- Michael Keaton
Mysterio- Jake Gyllenhaal
Scorpion -Michael Mando

Other members slotted in or out could be

Rhino - Paul Giamatti
Shocker- Bokeem Woodbine

Long shot members

Carnage- Woody Harelson
Venom- Tom Hardy
Green Goblin- Dane Dehaan
Black Cat- Felicity Jones

No I'd rather the spider-verse/multiverse not be the main focus of this next movie. If they want to tease it like at the end or in a post-credit scene, I'm fine with that.

I hope Maguire has mellowed into less of a jackass by now.

I have no doubt that the plot thread of the identity reveal is going to plan a big part of the plot regardless of whether its a multiverse film, or a Spiderman 3, sans the multiverse.

I don't think the identity and multiverse threads have to be, or will be, mutually exclusive.

As far as getting Maguire and Garfield back for a multiverse film specifically , Yes .

It makes sense from a story telling, marketing, GA, fan, and a business perspective, if you're doing a multiverse film.

Now ,what capacity they could be in the film, if they go that route, remains to be seen.

Why not? People say you need to set it up, and the seeds were planted in FFH. Plus, we have Wandavision too. Spider-Verse didn't set it up, and it was the best Spidey film since SM2.

I just wish the director wasn't Jon Watts.

It's certainly not my first choice. That being said, I could see it working as an effective launching pad for Marvel-Sony projects without having to worry about cross-continuity, which would pave the way for future projects together as well.

Should it? I don't know. structurally you could pull it off in SM3. like into the Spiderverse you probably don't need a build-up movie to include other spider-man.

Will it be? I'm giving it 85% chance.

It should be a set-up to it imo. That way you can actually explore the reveal from Far From Home and hopefully fledge out Peter more with this conflict (though this is Jon Watts we're talking about, so for all we know it might be Ragnarok 2.0 minus the charm and good writing).

I think a Spider-Verse movie would very much be the Days Of Future Past of the Spider-Man franchise.

I'm open to seeing whatever film they give us.

As a fan, I'm not writing SM3. Marvel is .

So in that sense, I'm gonna give whatever the final product is a chance , just like I have the other two films.

Whether its a Spiderverse film with guest appearances by Maguire and Garfield ,or whether its something else , I'm gonna keep an open mind on the film.

Thing is, its very possible SM3 will be the multiverse movie. it could just end up slightly diluted to how people would imagine a multiverse movie. eveyone wants to see a large story involving the multiverse when it could perhaps end up a Tom Holland story with connections to other spider-man movies with Toby and Andrew appearing for the final battle.

Thing is, its very possible SM3 will be the multiverse movie. it could just end up slightly diluted to how people would imagine a multiverse movie. eveyone wants to see a large story involving the multiverse when it could perhaps end up a Tom Holland story with connections to other spider-man movies with Toby and Andrew appearing for the final battle.

I would be extremelly happy if that is the case. No need it to be a full SpiderVerse movie, for Tobey and Andrew's long waited return to the roles.

wouldn't the multiverse theory be the best way to set up the S6? as it would instantly double the amount of per-exiting villains that can be used (with out set up and back story) combining all the previous movies, we've already seen nearly all the original 6 at some point
Yeah that sounds like the quickest path to the Sinister 6, while also providing the backup needed to fight them.

edit.

Last edited:
Tbh honest I wouldn't have the Sinister Six all in SM3. I'd use this film to lay the groundwork and just rely on Ock and Electro for the most part.

I just wish the director wasn't Jon Watts.

Amen to that. While I enjoyed Homecoming, I found Far From Home to be mediocre at best. Unlike the Russos he hasn't shown any growth as director and I'm skeptical that he can handle what seems to be shaping up as the most epic Spider-man film ever.

I have only seen Homecoming and Far from home once, and that was at the theater. i think these films work best in first viewings because they are heavy on the comedy and once it stops being funny, it just becomes dull getting through the jokes over and over.

In terms of film making, i don't think Watts does a bad job though. but then i have also seen Ant-man, guardians of the galaxy and ragnorok. so I'm used to MCU movies being comedies

Last edited:
I don’t think it much matters if they should at this point. Some like it. Others like me would have wanted something else. But alas, regardless it is what we're getting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"