• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Comics The COMPLETE Spider-Verse Discussion Thread

Aloha,
I don't think that's going to happen since this guy and Breevort are going to be responsible for changing the Marvel U as we know it.:ikyn
Spidey rules

yeah... and like THAT'S gonna prove to be a good thing, huh?... :o

Haven't kept up with Spider-Verse. I got bored after a few issues and sort of dropped it and went back to reading some old classic comics.

there's a reason why they're considered and called 'classics'... the crap they put out today will NEVER be called or considered 'classics'...

there's a reason why they're considered and called 'classics'... the crap they put out today will NEVER be called or considered 'classics'...

Aloha,
Modern artistic expression, be it movies,television, music or even comic books have been reduced down to a formula.That formula makes money. This is why it's so important that we make new readers aware of what the true classics are.
Spidey rules

Aloha,
Modern artistic expression, be it movies,television, music or even comic books have been reduced down to a formula.That formula makes money. This is why it's so important that we make new readers aware of what the true classics are.
Spidey rules

amen... unfortunately, some of today's readers have no concept, acceptance or just a simple understanding of a character's history or continuity... to some of them, it interferes or detracts or prevents from what THEY think is a good story... some of today's younger readers have no respect or understanding for it... they just don't know any better and pretty much accept and eat the s**t that's fed up to them without question, as long as it doesn't interfere with what they think is the 's**ts'... which in MOST cases today, truly IS s**t...

Am I the only one who thinks this is an awful arc? Yes, it was fun seeing many different Spideys, but stuff like 60's Animated Spidey and Spider-Monkey is just dumb and takes me out of it completely. And the interesting characters like Cosmic Spidey and Ben Reilly aren't being used to their full potential, or like May-Day they're being abused for the sake of cheap shocks.

Honestly, you can say that to all the recent Spidey comics.... Oh, and Ben Reily sucks.

Honestly, you can say that to all the recent Spidey comics.... Oh, and Ben Reily sucks.

9291_cdac.jpeg

Well that's over.

I see the little cat appear in the screen at the end of the Craig Ferguson show.
It's little chime rings in my head.
"What did we learn on the show tonight Craig?"

Craig would say something clever. Mine less so. Regarding the Spider-Verse it would be a big blank look just staring at the screen while shaking my head slowly.

I hated the Morlun character when JMS created it. A story with his entire family and every Spider-person ever was just as dumb. I know there were several folk on the board posting how much of a vacuous mess this story was/is. I just held out hope it could do something interesting. Amazing Spider-Man 14 Part 6 was an empty conclusion. Shoot the Spider-Man Unlimited endless runner game has more story and a more fulfilling experience than this entire venture.

What did you expect? None of Spider-Verse even matters thanks to Secret Wars.

That is kind of true Will.

But this event stands outside of the abysmal move Marvel is about to perform.

I held out hope that maybe something of value came of this. SpOck's decision to give Peter back his body/life could have been enhanced by an inspiring act of Peter. I saw nothing in this story that would make the Superior Spider-Man feel inferior.

In fact Peter as leader in this issue was so contrived it's empty. Their victory hollow.

That bums me out.

Well there's still issue 15 for Amazing. Then it's "over".
Curious how Conway's gang war turns out.

Spider Verse was a mess, too many characters I didn't care about, the inheritors were an impossible threat then they were easily beatable all of a sudden, terrible, convaluted mess. Glad it's over...

Spider-Man is just an unsalvagable mess at this point thanks to Slott and Quesada. They've done worse damage than even Mackie and Byrne did in the 90's. At this point resetting everything would just be merciful.

no doubt about it... Slott's gotta go... he's LONG overstayed his welcome with his s**t writing and his online unprofessionalism towards any and all fans that disagree with him...

So, I stopped reading Spiderverse quite a while back (a bit after May's family was wiped out), I heard that the latest issue was the end so I decided to check it out and...I should have stayed gone.

-One thing that bothered me was Pete just seemed designated leader (I mean, he should be since he's the true Spidey), but he didn't really seem to do anything amazing, was he better in the other issues?

-We spend what could have been a fun and amazing concept of a romp dealing with Spidey's across different realities and time getting butchered and one-shotted by the Inheritors, but all of a sudden these guys are able to hold their own against them. I mean we had entire instances where multiple Spideys were no match for ONE, now they were individually fighting them. Did the heroes get a power boost or the bad guys de-powered?

Now before people call me a hater, I'm just being honest about how I felt. Most of Big Time? Loved it. Spider-Island and Pete really saving the day, all the Anti-Venom heroism, MJ and Pete fighting side by side, the hilarious lampshade hanging of the inconsistency of the Spider-Mutations in the epilogue (I was a ginat spider with glasses I guess).

So I don't get how things have gotten to this level. I'm heavily debating whether it's even worth it to come back what with Mob-Boss Felicia and Secret Wars waiting for us once SpiderVerse's epilogue is over...

What do you guys think?

I haven't read ASM since the new #1 last year... and I doubt I'll read these 15 issues even though I have them... and truhfully, after 40 years of reading Spidey and other mainstream Marvel & DC books, I think it's over...

With 616 coming to an end (?), it's a decent "jumping off"point for me...
I can still read trades from more mature books from Image & other indies, but the "want & desire"to read Marvel & DC books have really disappeared... might be because of lack of sleep with a rowdy 3 1/2 year old and a 17 month old daughter, and if that's the case, I'll have a wonderful time chasing back issues in a few years... but it just feels more "permanent"to me this time...

Sigh... :csad:

I'm sorry to hear this from THUNDERSTRIKE and Themanofbat . . . :csad:

I finished Spiderverse, well except the epilogue coming out in two weeks. It had its moments, like seeing the 60's cartoon version, my introduction to Spider-Man. But I didn't like it as much as Spider Island or Ends of the Earth. I'm not a fan of these type of alternate realities, preferring them to be more What Ifs. I got confused a number of times. I actually gathered all the issues starting with the Superior Spider-Man issues to reread them in order (but they still jumped back and forth).

As mentioned, I hope the epilogue addresses SpOck. This was pretty major and when he returns to his timeline, this event is never mentioned, nor the fact he met a restored Peter from 616.

I'll admit, I'm not digging the title as much since Pete has returned. I'm still confused if this is Pete. Wasn't it just an echo left in SpOck? I thought the "soul molecule" would play a role in Pete's return. Or did they just rush things to get Pete back for ASM2 (ug, so glad THAT franchise is done and Feige & Co at Marvel will be righting the ship)?

But, on the plus side, it looks like we're getting an old fashioned Gang War! :yay:

Maybe that's why SpOck brought Peter back? Because he knew it was going to happen?

I haven't read ASM since the new #1 last year... and I doubt I'll read these 15 issues even though I have them... and truhfully, after 40 years of reading Spidey and other mainstream Marvel & DC books, I think it's over...

With 616 coming to an end (?), it's a decent "jumping off"point for me...
I can still read trades from more mature books from Image & other indies, but the "want & desire"to read Marvel & DC books have really disappeared... might be because of lack of sleep with a rowdy 3 1/2 year old and a 17 month old daughter, and if that's the case, I'll have a wonderful time chasing back issues in a few years... but it just feels more "permanent"to me this time...

Sigh... :csad:

the ride is finally over... for BOTH of us, T-mob... :csad:

Yes......

YES!!!!!!!!!!

Hatred is keeping me alive... The more crummy Spiderman comics comes out, the more people will realize that the comicbook versions (all of them) is the worst versions of Spiderman!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry... I just consider a lot of spiderman comics to be some of the worst superhero comics ever.

It is particularly sad considering your signature, Themanofbat... :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"