• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Comics The COMPLETE Spider-Verse Discussion Thread

K

KaineMorrison

Instead of numerous Threads based on all of the different Spider-Titles running through Spider-Verse, I figured, to make the conversation flow better and so that we don't miss each others posts by not going in to certain Threads, why not have one that incorporates all of them?

I for one am already pissed in regards to the back-up in Amazing vol3. #8.
Pete and MJ Parker both being killed.
The Spiders that rescued Mayday and Benjy seemed to not realize that Kaine, DarkDevil and to an extant, Felicity are all Spiders as well.
hey pretty much doomed them to death.

I usually have problems with these type of stories, but I'm going with it and enjoying it. I get a little confused with who is who and what exactly is going on. Maybe if someone can help me along.

I get there are others like Morlun. It looks like they have captured some main Spider controlling a vast web. I'm assuming this is how they jump to other realities?

Now during the time jumping during Superior Spider-Man that brought Spidey 2099 here, SpOck was trapped in 2099 for a period time before continuing on when he came back. He tried to get back bet ended up in another reality. This is when he learns about the Morlun people and begins to assemble a team of Spiders to fight back.

Now that seems to be where it left off in Superior 33. Is this the end of that comic now? It doesn't mention how SpOck got back and why he never mentions what happened. Now Pete is being pulled in (along with Silk, Jessica, & Anya). Is SpOck still involved, part of the time jumping? Or has it been explained yet and we're still waiting for more info? And what about Madame Web? Is any of this related to her visions, or were her visions related to the whole Pete will die and Ock takes over?

Excuse my confusion...

No need to be excused.
None of that was answered.
This is my thing, Dan plots out these grand ideas, but ails to hit the little ones along the way.

I think Dan does a great job of plotting. I wasn't sure if I missed anything. If you say it hasn't been addressed, I'm assuming it is still to come.

But I have the main gist, right?

You seriously need to stop promoting your site every time you post.
post normally here ir the mods and admins will see it when they start posting again and you'll wind up with a ban.

Aloha,
Spider-Verse. Great idea. Never been done before.which in and of itself is great for a character over 50 years old. I'm enjoying getting to know some of these spider-Men (before they get eaten by Morlun). There seems to be something about Earth 616 that Morlun is afraid of.I seems that the logic of Spider-Verse is that 616 Spider-Man is the strongest of them all.
Tel-just put your web site at the bottom of your post like I do and let people come to it if they want to.
Spidey rules

Why do a lot of the recent writers feel the need to not expand upon what came before, but to destroy it?
I find it to be very lazy in both writing and creativity!

Why do a lot of the recent writers feel the need to not expand upon what came before, but to destroy it?
I find it to be very lazy in both writing and creativity!

Aloha,
I don't think ANY writer can change continuity unless Marvel says it's okay. I don't think most of the new writers have the historical knowledge that folks like us do, so they come up with new things to fill in the blanks. It is lazy in that how long would it take to read the original story and progress from there.This is more Marvel getting away from strict continuity. But Ultimately(no pun intended), if it doesn't fit into the decades of Spidey stories even if it's considered canon, it fades because it just doesn't fit.
Spidey rules

Aloha,
Spider-Verse. Great idea. Never been done before.which in and of itself is great for a character over 50 years old. I'm enjoying getting to know some of these spider-Men (before they get eaten by Morlun). There seems to be something about Earth 616 that Morlun is afraid of.I seems that the logic of Spider-Verse is that 616 Spider-Man is the strongest of them all.
Tel-just put your web site at the bottom of your post like I do and let people come to it if they want to.
Spidey rules

Umm actually this is kind of a retelling of the 90s cartoon story...

As for why Morlun is afraid of the 616, is because 616 Spidey succeeded in killing him twice.

Spider-Verse is a wild ride. It is nice to see those Spiders being divided up to accomplish missions bassed in their specialty. I know one of the problems with stories like this are the characters lose their uniqueness. By scattering them and giving specific missions it helps to preserve their niche. There's going to be a massive battle in 001 universe. I'm sure the Spideys will talley that dimensions inhabitants to take out the wicked Inheritors, aristocratic leeches. It's a Spidey revolution tale. Should be fun...

Thwipp!

Just curious if the numbering of the earths these Spider-folk are coming from is distracting you on why that number.

Example: Mayday May is from Earth 982 - 98 the year of fist appearance and 2 for MC2. Or 2 is for Feb.

I'm sure not all numbers have a "code" and may just be a number to give designation.

Example: Spider-man from 1939 or Spider-Man Noir is from Earth 90214. That's just date of publication I think for the first issue of Edge of Spider-Verse, his appearance.

Spider-Gwen Earth 65 is just year she first appears.

Anyway, it has been a pastime for me as I wait for more Spider energy to regenerate in Spider-Man Unlimited game.

Last edited:
I have an idea that I'll only share after Spider-Verse is done...

Just curious if the numbering of the earths these Spider-folk are coming from is distracting you on why that number.

Example: Mayday May is from Earth 982 - 98 the year of fist appearance and 2 for MC2. Or 2 is for Feb.

I'm sure not all numbers have a "code" and may just be a number to give designation.

Example: Spider-man from 1939 or Spider-Man Noir is from Earth 90214. That's just date of publication I think for the first issue of Edge of Spider-Verse, his appearance.

Spider-Gwen Earth 65 is just year she first appears.

Anyway, it has been a pastime for me as I wait for more Spider energy to regenerate in Spider-Man Unlimited game.
I wonder where Spider-Man from Earth 90210 is...
:p

I came across my Gauntlet TPB today and it made me realize what a retread this event is. Scary, almost omnipotent villains are hunting Spider-people. The only difference is this takes place over several alternate universes, but at its essence replace Morlun's crew with Kraven's crew and it's pretty much the same, exact plot.

Going to let Spider-Verse pile up like I did with Superior Spider-Man and it makes for a much better reading experience. Have heard a lot of great things coming out of the event so it's getting tough to let these books pile up. :csad:

I loved how they used
the Captain Universe powered Spidey from the What If book as a safe haven for the spiders. He's so uber powerful the enemies won't enter his universe and risk going up against him.
Always loved that little run where Spidey was cosmic, so this was a nice tip of the hat to it.

I'm feeling a little underwhelmed by Spider-Verse. It's mostly because I was never a big Morlun fan. I like seeing some of these alternate Spider-people but I feel like they are over doing it as some I don't really care for. I hope Morlun knocks a bunch of these people off leaving the heavy hitters like Peter, Ben Reilly, Kaine, Miguel, May Day, and Otto. Six of them is plenty and six has always been a number associated to Spider-Man if you catch my drift.

Also, I hope Slott uses this opportunity to get Otto back into his old body again. We need the true Doc Ock back as a Spidey villain. The Superior stuff has been a fun ride but time to put things back in place.

Listen, I really love what Dan Slott has done with Spider-Man but since the ASM relaunch I'm getting a lot of the same feelings I did with Brubaker during the tail end of his Cap run. He relaunched Cap after Steve Rogers took the Captain America mantle back from Bucky and the stories were kinda EHH. I think Dan has burned himself out of Spider-Man ideas. The ASM relaunch from issue 1 to Spider-Verse has been kinda boring. Maybe he needs to take a break from the character for a while and move onto another area of Marvel.

I'm still enjoying Dan's run on Spidey. Maybe not as much as Superior or the whole Big Time run, including stuff like Spider Island, Ends of the Earth, and Goblin War, but I still think Dan has been a lot better than anything since Sins Past raised its ugly head. In fact, I haven't been this into Spidey comics since the Larsen run.

Sins Past would have been fine is it wasn't for Quesada (sp)

Is Slott going to treat the Scion as the ace in the sleeve? I think it's going to turn very dark for the Spider-folk. What if Solus kills Cosmic Spider-Man? They think they are safe there in Earth 13 due to his god like powers with the capt universe power. What if Solus has a way to cripple or he creates a situation where that Parker steps out if his dimension to save another? What if the heroes win a major battle. This ticks Solus off leading him to take the fight to the Spiders? He then breaks into Earth 13, snags Benji and offers him up for ransom. Then Cosmic Spidey gives himself up to "save" Benji. Slott messes with the Spider-Girl/Spidey fans which Slott loves to do. He also creates that second act dilemma which makes all look lost. Setting up the third act where the Scion shows up. Whose offspring woul resonate the most? Pete and MJ's little girl which May represents? Another new character who like Silk are just a bit more faster and stronger than all the other Spiders. Tapped into the prime totem. That would make the Other, Bride, and Scion the greatest of the Spider-Folk.

I'm feeling a little underwhelmed by Spider-Verse. It's mostly because I was never a big Morlun fan. I like seeing some of these alternate Spider-people but I feel like they are over doing it as some I don't really care for. I hope Morlun knocks a bunch of these people off leaving the heavy hitters like Peter, Ben Reilly, Kaine, Miguel, May Day, and Otto. Six of them is plenty and six has always been a number associated to Spider-Man if you catch my drift.

Also, I hope Slott uses this opportunity to get Otto back into his old body again. We need the true Doc Ock back as a Spidey villain. The Superior stuff has been a fun ride but time to put things back in place.

Listen, I really love what Dan Slott has done with Spider-Man but since the ASM relaunch I'm getting a lot of the same feelings I did with Brubaker during the tail end of his Cap run. He relaunched Cap after Steve Rogers took the Captain America mantle back from Bucky and the stories were kinda EHH. I think Dan has burned himself out of Spider-Man ideas. The ASM relaunch from issue 1 to Spider-Verse has been kinda boring. Maybe he needs to take a break from the character for a while and move onto another area of Marvel.

I think this has been the plan from the moment Otto changed bodies with Peter.

One problem with Otto being in Spider-Verse...
He was in the future, knows Pete gets his body back, never says anything, either to himself not to his servant robot about Spider-Verse.

We know Otto, he would be doing and talking about another failed plan.

He also, apparently could handle being in Spider-Verse, but not going up against Norman Osborn?
WTF???

I really am starting to dislike Slott.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"