Across the Spider-Verse Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse News and General Discussion

So, all in all, I really enjoyed this movie ... But I prefer the first Spider-Verse movie a lot more.

For me, personally, this movie felt about 20 minutes longer than it should have been, and that's probably because I thought that Miles (literally the main character) was pretty boring this time around. His character arc in this movie is pretty much the exact same one from the first movie. His arc felt repetitive, and I found his scenes (the ones with his parents especially) to be very "been there, done that."

That said, Spider-Gwen and Spider-Man 2099 stole the show for me. They were excellent. And as a lifelong Spider-Man fan, it is so satisfying to see Peter Parker happily married with a baby ... What a nice contrast to the repetitive, character-devolving torture the writers put Spidey through in the comics these days.

Also, this should go without saying, but ... Hey Sony: treat your animators better. The animators are the TRUE stars of these movies, as they are some of the most unique and visually appealing animated movies since Pixar was in its prime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"