World Spider-Women

Blitzkrieg

Avenger
Reaction score
Sony Builds Out Spider-Man Universe With A Spider-Women Film

The studio is working on an animated Spider-Women film that will focus on three generations of women with Spidey powers. Bek Smith will write the script. One of these characters could very well be Spider-Gwen, a breakout character from the Spider-Verse. This all builds on the buzz preceding the animated Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.

So these are all animated then, cool, that make sense. I wish they could continue on with Lord & Miller though, those guys pretty much guarantee great content (assuming SV is good).

'Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse' Sequel and All-Female Spinoff in the Works From Sony (Exclusive)

At the same time Lauren Montgomery, who also worked on Voltron and co-directed animated movies Batman: Year One and Superman/Batman: Apocalypse for DC, is in negotiations to helm an untitled Spider-centric project that will gather the female heroes in the Spider-Man universe of characters in one adventure. Bek Smith, who wrote episodes of CBS show Zoo, will pen the script.
:eek:DUDE!!!!
MV5BNzU1NmNmNTgtMTUyYS00ZmRmLTkzOWItOTY2ZWZiYjVkYzkzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjExODE1MDc@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg
is doing the all female spinoff
why did they leave that credit out?
Holy issh..first the Rise of the Guardians guy, this Voltron dude, and now her...:ali:
this is going to be the best Spider-Man-verse of all time

3 generations = Spider Woman, Spider Gwen, younger Anya Corazon or Silk...maybe Peni Parker

Lol I honestly thought spider Gwen and Gwen Pole were the same

Into the Spider-Verse has yet to hit theaters and Sony is already working on a spin-off based on one of its supporting characters. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Into the Spider-Verse has yet to hit theaters and Sony is already working on a spin-off based on one of its supporting characters. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marvel has been trying to make Spider Gwen catch on for years now. We sure they're not collaborating? :p

Lol I honestly thought spider Gwen and Gwen Pole were the same
Gwenpool is a human from our Earth named Gwen Poole who gets sucked into Earth 616 and mistaken for a superhero. She uses her knowledge of comic books and the ability to break the fourth wall to get around/save the day. I didn't read her comic, so I might be off in the details but she is neither related to Gwen Stacy nor to Deadpool.

Gwenpool is a human from our Earth named Gwen Poole who gets sucked into Earth 616 and mistaken for a superhero. She uses her knowledge of comic books and the ability to break the fourth wall to get around/save the day. I didn't read her comic, so I might be off in the details but she is neither related to Gwen Stacy nor to Deadpool.
That sounds more like a Treehouse of Horror segment. I wanna read it!

I think it's pretty logically clear that Gwen will be the lead in this. It will be interesting to see if they're able to use Jessica Drew. But mostly I want Mayday and Silk added to the mix.

That sounds more like a Treehouse of Horror segment. I wanna read it!

I recommend you do. Gwenpool is surprisingly a delight.

I think it's pretty logically clear that Gwen will be the lead in this. It will be interesting to see if they're able to use Jessica Drew. But mostly I want Mayday and Silk added to the mix.

Mayday would be fantastic. I would like Cindy Moon as well but I wonder if they would rather save her for the live action movie they're planning.

It sounds like SV is going to be good and if so I’m glad there are more plans.

I want Spider-Gwen, Mayday, and I don't care who the rest are. Those two are the main ones. Spider-Gwen is practically a foregone conclusion, at this point. Mayday would be interesting...and they could tie it into the Peter Parker from Spider-Verse. Make it his daughter or something. I don't know. Just...give us Mayday.

EDIT: Also, it'll be interesting to see how quickly Marvel can get a Spider-Girl comic back on the shelves if the movie proves to be a hit.

I imagine Jessica Drew, Anya, and mayyybe Cindy Moon, though I can see her being excluded to save her for the live action Silk movie. But I'm with @shinlyle, absolutely want Mayday in it. Gotta have her.

Three generations of Spidey Ladies?
Spider Ma’am (Aunt May)
Spinneret (MJ)
Spiderling (Annie)
Just a goofy thought

Sony Finally Untangles Its Spider Web
The Gwen and Miles adventure will serve as a launching pad for another Gwen-centric tale: Pascal also confirmed that a previously announced Spider-Women spin-off, written by Bek Smith, will feature Spider-Gwen and Cindy Moon (a.k.a. Silk) as well as Jessica Drew (a.k.a. Spider-Woman). Elsewhere at Sony, a live-action Silk film is reportedly already in early development.

Good. Silk definitely deserves some attention. Felt she was always upstaged by Spider-Gwen when she was introduced in the comics, but was a stronger character.

You know what would be cool, is if they try a different animation style for each spin off to reflect there universe. They could go standard Pixar style 3D or old fashioned traditional 2D animation.

Maybe even stop motion for Spider Noir or claymation for Spider Ham if they ever get that far into spin offs.

Shows confidence.

Or an indication of the pipeline for animation production.

So these are all animated then, cool, that make sense. I wish they could continue on with Lord & Miller though, those guys pretty much guarantee great content (assuming SV is good).

They're still producing so there will be input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"