Silk in the MCU

True, but I've been a member here long enough now to know that some of you guys freak out when certain changes are made between the comics and movies, and I realize she's still a fairly new character, so I felt like waiting a certain amount of time to use her would've been a good way to introduce her while remaining close to the origins.

Oh yeah, people freak out over everything. There's so much they can do in this world that's untapped right now. Personally, I don't think being new or not should really matter. But yeah, there's alot of fans out there for every franchise that will just hate on the new stuff regardless of if they have even read it.
The villain Venom, no. Agent Venom, no. The Symbiote planet however, you could make it work.

Symbitotes yeah, that would be cool. They just can't introduce Venom as a character until contact with Parker or one of the Spidey world people who are hosts.

Last edited:
Would I mind seeing her in the MCU, no.

Should they probably wait at least at least a few more films/years before doing it, yes.

The team the movie was based on appeared first in 2008 though. The old comics were pretty much a completely different team that happened to have the same name. And while the members of the team did all appear before, almost all of them went through a major change recently or were very recent creations in the first place.

The original team is in another comic now.
300px-Guardians_3000_Vol_1_1.jpg

Released
October 1, 2014

Guardians 3000 Vol 1 1 - Marvel Comics Database

Sony & Amy Pascal Developing Marvel Comic ‘Silk’, About Korean-American Superhero
https://deadline.com/2018/06/silk-marvel-comic-movie-korean-american-superhero-1202415165/
Sony and producer Amy Pascal are in early development on a movie adaptation of the Marvel comic Silk, about Korean-American superheroine Cindy Moon, which was created by Dan Slott and Humberto Ramos.

While this project will mark the first stand-alone feature for Cindy Moon, it wouldn’t be the first time she appears in the MCU. The character was seen in Pascal-produced Spider-Man: Homecoming (played by Tiffany Espensen) as a member of the decathlon team along with Tom Holland’s Peter Parker. In Avengers: Infinity War, Espensen reprises her role briefly when Cindy is shown on the bus with Peter when he plants a distraction in order to get into costume.

Details are being kept under wraps, and Sony is not commenting.

This film adds another wrinkle to the ongoing push for diversity and inclusion on screen, especially in big blockbusters. Pascal is known for championing strong female-led features. Most recently, the former Sony Motion Picture boss acquired a sci-fi pitch, Genius, from screenwriter Kat Wood. It’s set in modern day with a strong female lead and is described as a thriller about a scientist who accidentally brings back a prehistoric form of human species.

Pascal, under her Sony-based Pascal Pictures banner, has an upcoming slate that includes the Spider-Man spinoffs Venom and Silver & Black, The Girl in the Spider’s Web starring Claire Foy, and the live-action Barbie movie.

Woo Kellie Marie Tran get it gurl

Where did her name come from? And can she de-age enough to be a classmate of Tom Holland's Peter Parker. An Andrea Zuckerman situation brought to the movies

I don't think Spider-Verse is a good storyline to adapt to film. A major part of the appeal of it was all the AU Spider-people in it. Probably none of those will make an appearance before 2026, so they won't be recognized by the GA. Also, I don't think a lot of people would want to sit through a film's length of many Spider-Men (and women) travelling through the multiverse. It would probably just be confusing. (and all the jokes with versions of Spider-Man from cartoons, manga, video games, Japanese live-action shows from 1978, etc. won't work.)

Depending on how things sit mid to late 2020's, I think a live action spider-verse film would be kind of interesting to do starring Andrew Garfield, Toby McGuire, and Tom Holland amongst others. Be kind of cool to learn what happened to these other Spider-men once everything was said and done. In order for it to work can't be a film that takes itself too literally and stands on it's own just sort of doing a crazy character mash. Jokes about laws of physics and logic working different in each universe would make the film pretty engaging (example: All other spider-men staring in horror at Tobey's Spider-Man shooting webbing out of wrists or staring in awe how his costume presumably made at home as an afterthought or telling Garfield's Spider-Man to cool down a bit or Tom's to quit sucking up to Stark and so forth).

Then you give her a new origin. The USM book tweaked Spidey's Origin and so did the 1st movie I don't see why that can't be done with Silk or Spider-Gwen etc

After reading that article someone just posted above, I'm thinking this is a real possibility. I posted an idea about how I think Avengers 4 could play out here: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=520599&page=3

Extending off of a multiverse concept mentioned in link above, it would be interesting to have the roles reversed where there's a possibility line of Silk existing instead of Spider-Man in 1 pocket of the multiverse. That would be 1 way to adapt around the comic origin.

Last edited:
I don't think Spider-Verse is a good storyline to adapt to film.
Looks like Sony are doing an animated film but yeah, I wouldn't want an MCU version. It's too zany/overly comic bookish of a story.

Plus I hope they stick to the genetically altered/radioactive spider origin rather than throwing the mystical magic spider hoodoo into it.

Also, people seem to want Miles Morales more than Silk, and to have more than 2 people bitten by radioactive/genetically enhanced spiders will also seem like a bit of a stretch.

Makes sense. Personally I'm in no rush to get to Miles when they've barely started telling Peter's story though.

Last edited:
This would be a perfect opportunity for Lana condor in the mcu. She would definitely bring new fans into the MCU and I could see her starring with Tom Holland really well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"