• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Silver Age Superman is back now and Birthright is the new origin!

Darthphere said:
But if Constantine showed up in Shadowpact for instance, whats the problem as long as he doesnt curse or do any other objectionable thing? It seems hypocritical that we have a comic where the blue Beetle had his brains blown out, on panel and that a smoking british man is unacceptable.
Because no one likes the British:cmad:

Exactly I agree, that's what I was trying to get at.

DC says, we do adult things in the DCU comics so kids shouldn't read them they should read Johnny DCU. Then they say kids read the DCU comics so we don't do adult things we do them in Vertigo.

It makes no sense whatsoever.

The thing is as well the VertigoDCU comics haven't been good in a long, long time. Swamp Thing desperately needs to be in the DCU main and Constantine would add a lot to a title like Shadowpact.

I have a feeling it's less to do with protecting kids and actually because Vertigo and DCU are run as separate offices and literally if a character is "at" the other company than it won't appear at the other. Which is a massive shame.

But if that is the reason... why don't DC just say that?

OK. I don't understand.

Doc Destruction said:
Oh, are you my big, bad prosecutor now, Not Jake?
I like prosecuting but my true love is prostituting
Dick Desucktion said:
Anyway, the characters from the Max line moved into the 616 verse before they started mixing it up with other characters, so your argument is invalid. I really didn't feel like getting into it, but there it is...
Umm, pretty sure Luke Cage, at least, was in DD while also being in Alias

Also the Punisher still has his MAX book alongside his current Civil War self as far as I know

yenaled said:

DC says, we do adult things in the DCU comics so kids shouldn't read them they should read Johnny DCU. Then they say kids read the DCU comics so we don't do adult things we do them in Vertigo.

The thing is as well the VertigoDCU comics haven't been good in a long, long time. Swamp Thing desperately needs to be in the DCU main and Constantine would add a lot to a title like Shadowpact.

I have a feeling it's less to do with protecting kids and actually because Vertigo and DCU are run as separate offices and literally if a character is "at" the other company than it won't appear at the other. Which is a massive shame.

OK. I don't understand.

Its ok.:heart:

Darthphere said:
Didio lovers, I fail to grasp this logic, explain to me.

Diddio and Quesada drink outa the same bottle.....

:huh: :huh: :huh:

:cmad:

Doc Destruction said:
Oh, are you my big, bad prosecutor now, Not Jake?

I bet you were just grinning from ear to ear while you were having your little quote festival. Well, give yourself a big hug you maniac! GO YOU!

Anyway, the characters from the Max line moved into the 616 verse before they started mixing it up with other characters, so your argument is invalid. I really didn't feel like getting into it, but there it is...

Nope. Jessica Jones and Luke Cage were apearing in Daredevil when Alias was still on the shelves, The Punisher's book is still in print and he's apearing as a guest star alot, and Thor was most certainly interacting with the rest of the MU when his MAX mini was still going on.

yenaled said:

OK. I don't understand.

Well, the main DC line is sort of the middle ground between Johnny DCU and Virtigo. It's not aimed towards children, but, for the most part, it can be read by children. Think of it like a TV network. Johnny DCU is like a saturday morning cartoon block, the regular DCU is general programming, and Virtigo is HBO. Now, I'm not saying that I agree with them. Just that I can understand their reasoning.

Birthright isn't the origin because it doesn't fit with the first arc of Superman Confidential. In the first arc, Superman encounters Kryptonite for the first time, and its after the origin has been done. In Birthright, he encounters kryptonite for the first time.

DON'T FIT!

If the Silver Age Superman is back and Birthright is the official origin, does that mean the world - or at least the DC Universe - is doomed?

Didnt didio say that they were gonna make a new origin story? God, this guy doesnt know what the hell is going on. First he says PAD's Supergirl never existed, then he says it does...... this is bull****.

The Question said:
Nope. Jessica Jones and Luke Cage were apearing in Daredevil when Alias was still on the shelves, The Punisher's book is still in print and he's apearing as a guest star alot, and Thor was most certainly interacting with the rest of the MU when his MAX mini was still going on.
I already said that:o

This just in: Not Jake better than The Question, possibly everyone. More at 11

You guys do realize that this interview came out around IC#6, right? And that now both Johns and Busiek have said that neither Birthright nor Man of Steel is the origin for Superman. There's apparently a new one in the works, as said by them after IC#7. Methinks it'll just end up being the movie origin, judging by the Donner/Johns run so far.

I swear to go i'd rather have superman: the movie as an origin than ****ing birthright.

Man of Steel is the only good thing to come out of byrne, let him have 1 good thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"