• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Amazing Spider-Man Single most IMPORTANT element for SM4

NinjaCarm

Fantastic
Reaction score
Well you vote America, after 3 solid attempts, with many flaws to write thesis' on, what SINGLE element will make Spider-Man 4 fresh, exciting, and reinvigorating !?

Personally, for me and I think many agree (that rhymes!) is the focus on Spider-Man implementing his TRADEMARK HOW THE HELL DID YOU FAIL TO PUT INTO THE FIRST 3 MOVIES HUMOR !!!!!

For Godsakes already can we get a mature Peter Parker that makes solid, genuinely funny WISECRACKS ?!?

I seriously believe the turnaround of Tobey Maguire of making Peter Parker at least semi-confident and mature and making Spider-Man fun and not cheesy but ever so funny in his costume is the ONE thing that can turn even a BLACK CAT and VULTURE movie (why God?) into a great Spider-Man film.

Enough dead staring into the headlights wooden Peter Parker lame duck Spider-Man, it's time to turn 'er around ol' buddy.
spiderman-main.jpg

The most important thing is not to focus on MJ....

Uhhh SM3 had a lot of humor in it. I would say way more than SM1 and SM2 had. So, I don't understand the logic.

More Spidey quips, yes. All around funnier movie...not so much.

I think the Spider-films need a theme of escalation, like what Nolan did for TDK...I think Spider-4 should be sometime from the 3rd installment...one of things that worked well with TDK was the mob and the "freaks" sort of worked together, things have gotten worst before they got better

I think King Pin, Silverman, Hammerhead, Tombstone would make good crime bosses...it could be gang war for the streets of NY

Black Cat would def. work because her father could have been a crime lord, and he taught her everything she knows...

the Hobgoblin would be the Joker in this movie a crazy lunatic going around killing/bombing NYC buildings, and his goal is to get rid of Spider-man

I'm not saying to make this a TDK rip-off, but I was inspired by the Spectacular Spider-Man season 2 and 90s TAS version for the gang war storyline...

Uhhh SM3 had a lot of humor in it. I would say way more than SM1 and SM2 had. So, I don't understand the logic.

Are you confused? Did you not understand my post?

Spider-Man's wisecracks!!!!

I agree that it would be good to see some wisecracking spidey, and spidey as a character in costume for extended periods, with Pete having fun with that side of his personality.

the thing is, in the previous movies, they have done a couple of wisecracks, but then in further battles, it's not been appropriate for him to wisecrack.
eg, Train fight, he is worried about MJ, and deadly serious.
Ock Bank fight, worried about Aunt May, he wisecracks before May is taken hostage.
2nd Sandman fight, he is out for revenge, deadly serious, but he wisecracks with Sandman in 1st fight before he knows he killed ben.

So, if there is opportunity, yes, he should be joking around.
I was hoping Spidey would encounter Black Cat and be like this , showing off, joking around. but, if the spoilers are true, there may not be room for that with the two of them unfortunately. But hopefully somewhere in the movie.

Then yes, I agree. But, not all the time. It is a lot more fun to read his his quips and wise cracks in comic form than I think it would be to hear him say 25 jokes in a single movie. My point was that the movies don't need to have more humor in them to be better. A few here and there are fine. SM3 had quite a few wisecracks from Spidey but a lot of them were terrible.

Plus, I like it better when the tense action scenes are just that...tense. I would rather they focus on the battle than Spidey making jokes every fight. Spidey has always let his villain know their faults through jokes, but some of his very huge battles, he was focused and had no time for humor. A lot of them are inner monologue too so you have to remember that. We were reading his inner dialogue.

I do think they need to play up Spider-Man's wise-cracking a little more. The cartoons have been fabulous in balancing Spider-Man's serious side but also practical-joker side. We need more of that.

I'd also like for Raimi to handle the love-story like he did in "Spider-Man 2."

Lastly, I'd like the movies to follow how "Spectacular Spider-Man" handles characters and things. Maybe have a character mention Mac Gargan at the Bugle or Ed Needs. Maybe Kingpin or L. Thompson Lincoln.

wise-cracks we have what they need to focus isn't just a single thing they need more fight scenes, more visual effects and use of special powers, less boo-hooing all that crying should've been just in Spider-Man 1 where he loses his Uncle Ben, after that it should've been all bad-@$$ peter parker/spidey kicking butt and taking names. dark and angry kind of like the fight scene with Green Goblin. absolutely awesome. more of that please.

Well you vote America, after 3 solid attempts, with many flaws to write thesis' on, what SINGLE element will make Spider-Man 4 fresh, exciting, and reinvigorating !?

Personally, for me and I think many agree (that rhymes!) is the focus on Spider-Man implementing his TRADEMARK HOW THE HELL DID YOU FAIL TO PUT INTO THE FIRST 3 MOVIES HUMOR !!!!!

For Godsakes already can we get a mature Peter Parker that makes solid, genuinely funny WISECRACKS ?!?

I seriously believe the turnaround of Tobey Maguire of making Peter Parker at least semi-confident and mature and making Spider-Man fun and not cheesy but ever so funny in his costume is the ONE thing that can turn even a BLACK CAT and VULTURE movie (why God?) into a great Spider-Man film.

Enough dead staring into the headlights wooden Peter Parker lame duck Spider-Man, it's time to turn 'er around ol' buddy.
spiderman-main.jpg
I don't think that the word you're looking to use is "humour" (I'm Canadian, by the way, Mr. America). I think the word you're looking to use is "charm". This franchise is severely lacking in the traditional 'Spider-Man' charm. Humour's just a secondary thing that wouldn't add anything more to the franchise. Give the franchise some charm, and you may find a good 'Spider-Man' film before you.

Now that baby Spider will be in it.. diaper jokes!

I don't think that the word you're looking to use is "humour" (I'm Canadian, by the way, Mr. America). I think the word you're looking to use is "charm". This franchise is severely lacking in the traditional 'Spider-Man' charm. Humour's just a secondary thing that wouldn't add anything more to the franchise. Give the franchise some charm, and you may find a good 'Spider-Man' film before you.

I think you are right and thank you for elaborating. That's what I was going for. We need the balanced Spider-Man wise-cracking along with tense and awestruck action scenes. Spider-Man (and Peter) have no to very little charm in these movies and it's very disgruntling. It's more like pity if you ask me, which is not the same as charm RAIMI!

I am hoping after 3 movies RAIMI can incorporate this. I really do.

Quips? Well def. not the most important element, but I'd like to see more.

He has made some jokes such as when GG came to the bugle asking JJJ who took his pictures, and when JJJ started accused that Spidey and GG were working together, Spidey shut him up by webbing his mouth and was like "Let Mom and Dad talk." It was something like that.

I do agree somewhat, about Spidey being more humorous. But sometimes it does get to be a little annoying, especially when he's fighting these supervillains and he's in serious trouble. I understand that's his way of dealing with fear, but it takes away from the seriousness of not only the villain, but the situation. I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see him be more funny and throw out more quips, but I can understand why the films chose not to go that route.

Some fights were too serious for quips. Like the final battle with GG, the train fight, and black Spidey vs Sandman. Quips during those fights would have ruined them.

I agree. The quips are needed, but a funnier movie isn't what they should set out to accomplish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"