So...who's the Valonqar? (Cersei's destined killer)

godisawesome

Sidekick
Reaction score
This hasn't been a show spoiler for a season and a half, and I thought it might be fun to get this a specific thread: If Cersei is going to experience the last bit of the prophecy, who's going to be the Valonqar, or little brother, that kills her?

Tyrion, who she identified as the threat?

Jaime, who is technically her little brother as well?

Sandor, who's someone else's little brother?

Kevan Lannister, the younger brother to her father Tywin?

Bran?

Rickon?

Someone else? ( And if it's going to be spoiler speculation, please put it in spoiler tags)

Other options:

Tommen Baratheon (most likely actually; Joff's little brother, and quite able to order someone's death with the stroke of a pen)

Lancel Lannister (basically a monk now, and monks generally call each other "brothers," and he's little because he's a weak and small individual and subservient to the High Sparrow)

The dragons Rhaegal and Viserion, who are considered the smaller brothers of Drogon.

A member of the Brotherhood Without Banners

Jorah Mormont

Benjen Stark

Jon Snow ("little brother" to Rob)

Blackfish Tully

I reckon Jaime. She'll have a mad King moment with the wildfire and it'll be a nice bit of history repeating itself if Jaime stops her.

Jaime also has an established precedent for being willing to kill people he theoretically shouldn't if it serves sanity, never mind the greater good.

It would be funny if Arya could take Jaime's face and then use it to kill her.

The fact that the valonqar part of the prophecy was left out of the TV show makes me think it'll be someone obvious, probably Jaime. The showrunners don't want the TV audience to guess ahead of time what's going to happen.

It would be funny if Arya could take Jaime's face and then use it to kill her.

I've thought this, too. It would be a way to fulfill the prophecy and get Arya a significant kill. Her list has been shortening drastically and she's running out of enemies to do away with.

That being said, it would be more dramatic for the real Jaime to kill the woman he loves most in the world.

Didn't he get impaled by the iron throne or something?

There's at least two or three Targaryens who supposedly were killed by the Iron Throne, and Maegor's one of them.

I don't know what the most likely theories are, but I've been hoping it's Arya.

I wish it was Arya, but it will probably be Tyrion somehow, or Jaime [BLACKOUT]who may try to prevent her from burning down King's Landing and thereby bringing him full circle from Aerys.[/BLACKOUT] The flashes of that from Bran's vision are relevant to what's coming.

Last edited:
Me and my roommate theorize that
Cersei will use Wildfire to wipe out the Sparrows but accidentally kill Tommen in the process, and then Jamie will kill Cersei.

I like the idea of it being Jamie. It's a poetic end to their storyline.

Jamie or Arya. Tyrion will not lower himself anymore, i don't think.

Jaimie will be the one that ends her miserable life.

I think that from a narrative perspective, Jaimie makes the most sense and is the most dramatic.

I reckon Jaime. She'll have a mad King moment with the wildfire and it'll be a nice bit of history repeating itself if Jaime stops her.

This is most likely the case. Where I see Dany/Reach/Dorne forces moving on King's Landing, and Cersei will probably make some move to ignite the rest of the cache of wildfire. Jaime kills the disgraced Maester first then the Mad Queen.

I imagine the Mountain will have already been dealt with by Ser Sandor

My prediction is that he will end her life and then kill himself. It's the most dramatic way to be sure.

Last edited:
Those beeches better not put a hand on cersei!! Dirty animals compared to her!

............................. okay.

i wouldn't mind seeing Arya cross her off her list, but i'm okay with it not happening anytime soon as Cersei is a very interesting character on the show

I think the show will likely have it be Jaime.

In the books, I always liked the idea of it being Edmure Tully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"