Soapy's Discount Video Game Emporium Tournament - Part 1

Well then you should'a bloody made a list, ey? EY!?!

I'm kind of happy that Ocarina of Time, as good as it is, didn't win as it seems to win every contest and it's kind of pointless if everyone knows who's going to win before it starts! Congrats to MGS3 & the franchise can be proud that a lot of its other games got quite far too. Will be interesting to see how it will do in a franchise tournament.

As much as I enjoy OOT, and as much as I agree that it should win many contest... Part of me still feels that Majora's Mask was and still is the better game.

I played that game for a year... Maybe more making sure I got every single mask before going into the finale battle.

I'm not even sure if I could willingly do that again, haha.

As much as I enjoy OOT, and as much as I agree that it should win many contest... Part of me still feels that Majora's Mask was and still is the better game.

7d528a73db97af01950fc75a26c216f1-legends-of-the-hidden-temple-high-five.gif

never played snake eater
i'm assuming its really good if it beat out games like OOT and others on the list
will have to get it sometime

Have you played any of the other Metal Gear games?

never played snake eater
i'm assuming its really good if it beat out games like OOT and others on the list

It really is awesome man (and Snake is much cooler than Link). Pick up that HD collection sometime. You won't regret it.

And the neat thing about Snake Eater, is its pretty much a prequel to the whole damn series. So you can jump into that one first.

Yes, get the HD Collection. Snake Eater is probably the best way to be introduced to the franchise because it's still pretty modern and doesn't require prior knowledge of the series.

Thanks for making this thread, Soapy. This tournament has been a lot of fun.

As for the franchise tournament.. I dunno, I like the tournament the way it is. I'd like the next one to be just like this.

Well, I don't see a point in running another "best game" tournament so soon. I'll think of something else though.

Well, I don't see a point in running another "best game" tournament so soon. I'll think of something else though.

What about character?

I also suggest using a march madness style bracket

What about villains?
There are so many cool villains out there. Each main character has many of them.

Villain tournament sounds good.

Yup! Villains is a great idea. I'm down with that.

never played snake eater
I gotta admit that I haven't played it either, or any MGS game for that matter. I had rented the HD collection a few months ago and was more concerned with trying to get the trophies, but I only made it to the first few areas in the Virtuous Mission, and ended up sending it back shortly after. It's a shame because I really wanted to play through the games, especially now after seeing how popular they are.

Yeah, thanks a lot for running the tournament Soapy. I thought it worked out very well for a 'beta' tournament & it's been the 1st thread I go to whenever I log back in to the Hype :woot:

One thing I'd like to see for a future tournament that I haven't seen before is best supporting character (any ally character outside of the lead).

Best Main Character
Best Villain
Best NPC
Best Weapon
Best World
Best Song

Best Main Character
Best Villain
Best NPC
Best Weapon
Best World
Best Song