Some DC characters that would adapt really well to TV series

would be interesting to see if they did it, it could turn into a interesting thriller type of film.

I'd like a Phantom Stranger series. The only person that comes to mind is Lance Henriksen<spelling>.

I've always thought a very dark, serious, and adult series set in Arkham Asylum would be amazing.

Have the series start focusing on new doctors Johnathan Crane and Harleen Quinzell, senior doctor Hugo Strange, and head guard Aaron Cash and let the series progress as we see daily life in the Asylum.

In the second season finale, have Harleen join the Joker (a very slow build preceding it), have Cash have his arm eaten by Croc, and Strange give in to his own insanity, leaving Crane alone.

Of course all leading to Crane's own emerging psychosis and his transition into the Scarecrow.

would be interesting show to do, but since batsy has a successful film series going we will never see any live action batman like show when the film series is still going. But it would still be interesting how it would all play out.

Why Batman hasn't been made into a live-action TV show is beyond me. It's not nearly as high budget as some of the other heroes.

I just hope they would make him more like the comic.

I also think there should be a Batman TV series. You can focus more on the detective side of his personality rather than huge actions scenes and special effects. I can totally imagine a mix of shows like CSI, 24, The Wire. You get some psudo-science, action, a rotting city for it all to take place it. Strip down his gear so he doesnt have everything in the world at his disposal (place it in his first coupled years), keep it simple, his ninja weapons and the stuff a detective/CSI would need.

it would be great if there was a live action batman show and if you go with foes like joker, scarecrow, and the more human guys it could all work well within a tv show's budget(counting on what type of budget it has that is). But we all know for the same reasons we dont see a batman running around in smallville show, its cause wb wants batman on the big screen.

I still say Nightwing would be the best to do as a series.

I'd also like to see:

Supergirl (Smallville spinoff)
Starman/Jack Knight
Birds of Prey (Black Canary, Huntress, Power Girl, Oracle)
Legion of Superheroes

well if legion was a live action show it would be a big pricey unless it had the budget of say lost. Supergirl i could see work, i doubt wb would want to try with another bop show for a long time. Starman i heard they been trying for a few years to do a tv show but things keep falling apart in script stage.

Though it would be great for a knightwing series, make it in line of those cop dramas and what not and keep it more grounded and maybe for awhile dont include any fastical foes knightwing goes after and keep it to more human guys and all that.

would be interesting to see if they did it, it could turn into a interesting thriller type of film.
Definitely. Along with keeping the whole "By day he looks for the facts as Vic Sage and by night he looks for the truth as The Question" type feeling. I'd love a scene where his investigative journalism is shown off with news stories he's covering throughout other cities like Gotham, Keystone or Metropolis, besides Hub. And how outspoken he is.

As The Question, the audience should get the sense of the way he thinks, how he's always questioning, thinking, etc. And of course, his origin with obtaining the faceless mask, Shiva, and so on. I also think there should be a visual of how corrupt Hub City is and how he's dedicated to solving it's problem's.

Seeing The Blank from Dick Tracy makes me believe making The Question is possible. :p

theblank3.jpg

But seriously besides a film, The Question could be a great tv series. Every ep a different news story for Vic, and an even greater case for Q.

Last edited:
Besides Question, I think a Martian Manhunter and Flash show could do wonders.

sure flash might be a tricky one if they dont have a decent budget though.

I agree I would love to see a Question live action series. However my dream is and always has been a serious live action Batman series spanning his whole career I believe it would be a ratings Juggernaut and completely amazing, and could introduce certain elements of the Batman mythos that the general public are not as familiar with.

I agree I would love to see a Question live action series. However my dream is and always has been a serious live action Batman series spanning his whole career I believe it would be a ratings Juggernaut and completely amazing, and could introduce certain elements of the Batman mythos that the general public are not as familiar with.
That would be Awesome. Season one could be based on Batman: Year One with Batman fighting the mob.

I'd also like to see a Kon=El / Superboy series. but it would most likely end up too much like Smallville.

The sandman on HBO/other pay channel
Preacher - hbo

Starman - with a lot of appearances by The Shade would be cool.

I always thought that a series evolving around a young Bruce Wayne would have worked. Even better than Smallville. You could have him traveling around the world, learning new skills every episode.

That would be Awesome. Season one could be based on Batman: Year One with Batman fighting the mob.

I'd also like to see a Kon=El / Superboy series. but it would most likely end up too much like Smallville.[/QUOTE]

Smallville should have been a Kon-El show from day one. There would have been alot more creative freedoms. Connor Kent growing up in Smallville with the aging Kents and battling kryptonite enhanced freak villians while managing a social life.

I would personally like to see a Superman Beyond type show. Supes can't die until the sun burns out after all, lets see his life post Lois, Jimmy, Perry, Lex, etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"