Some DC characters that would adapt really well to TV series

I like your characterizations, but I kinda think they should start off as a group. Your idea is great for a giant origin episode, but I want to see the Titans together.

A few suggestions:

Play up the legacy character's relationships with their mentors. You've done this perfectly for Robin and Aqualad, who seem to have polar opposite relationships, but the middle ground should be explored with Kid Flash. Wally and Barry were always great buds and gettin' along, they have a great relationship, I'd play that up on the show. It could be part of why Kid Flash is so immature, because he's so doted on by his uncle and they're always havin' fun, Barry's easy-going-ness is good for Wally to be around because of his hectic life with his parents, but Barry has expectations for him and knows he has the potential to be a great hero, even wants him to become Flash one day when he's in a nursing home somewhere, Wally is aware of this and doesn't want to dissapoint anyone, Barry feels the same way.

Definitely establish Deathstroke as a major villain to the TT, and show why Robin hates him so much.

TT would be a kickass show if done right.

I really like this idea, this characterization of KF and his relationship to his mentor is much better than what I came up with, and I agree, TT would be a great series if done right...

Deathstroke as the villain would be really interesting and more suited for a darker, yet realistic toned series, as to compare to the TT cartoon, as I don't read the comics, but I'd probably'd want to see new characters I've never heard of from the comics

Hmmm, don't you think the epic fail of the Supergirl movie had more to do with the unbelievably crappy script than it did being a female spin off? Seriously the whole "I'm the cousin of the alien guy from krypton but I come from inner space in the center of the earth" was so lame. The villains were lame and the production was very lame. As for female spin offs of male heroes always doing badly? What about Zena or the bionic woman? They both did far better than their male counterparts that they spun off from.

Buffy worked because it was written well and had a high production quality. You can add Dark Angel to the list as well. The show was put on against the established show Angel (a male spin off show) and dominated the ratings during it's first season. If Fox wasn't so self destructive that show would have done well for years! I can just see the meeting at Fox.

"Alright people we have a huge hit on our hands! It's a ratings smash. It's a scifi action thriller that stars a twenty something Jessica Alba who is one of the most beautiful and sexy women on the planet and a huge up and coming star! Our core demographic is male viewers from puberty to their late twenties or early thirties! My idea, lets move the show to prime time on Friday night when none of it's main viewers are ever home!"

After as long pause the rest of the board stands and applauds and Fox has been spiraling down the tubes ever since.

I would have to agree with you on all of that, and that might be for the same reason has the JLA show that I wrote about, . I pretty much agree with you on every thing and fox has been sucking so bad lately it's not funny. However it seem like every Comic book Female never has a good villian in there show, the scipts are aways poor with the exception that you mentioned.

But I still think Supergirl is a bad idea for a show, even though I am a huge fan based on the comics that I have. The Frist 2 Graphic Novel I have are Good but the rest are either so bad or just Ok that there is no way Supergirl being made in to a show will last.

How would you except a good script for a show if they can't even create good scripts in her comics? Has much has I love her personality, only reason I still by supergirl comics, the main plot lines to those are bad, so You would have to find a way for the show to do far better than the comics. franky she does far better in cartoons than anywhere else.

I really like this idea, this characterization of KF and his relationship to his mentor is much better than what I came up with, and I agree, TT would be a great series if done right...

Deathstroke as the villain would be really interesting and more suited for a darker, yet realistic toned series, as to compare to the TT cartoon, as I don't read the comics, but I'd probably'd want to see new characters I've never heard of from the comics

Thanks, bud. :D

The reason I didn't have these on My list before is, I didn't really know them, but after seeing Batman The Brave and the Bold.

I really think they should do a Red Tornado tv show. I think he would be cool, espically since he is a robot who wants to not only feel human emotions but become more human, but is not sure how and he can't figure it out with his computer database.

I liked him has a college proffessor but I don't know if he has the job in the comics or not. does he?

Also a Blue Beetle TV show would be really cool too, espically if he is away's argueing with his suit at the wrong times. they could make it really funny.

How about another round?

let's get some suggestions for shows and castings if you want.

As I brought up in the DC universe thread, which might have prompted Metamorhpo to bring back this thread, I think the Martian Manhunter in a Supernatural/Fantasy/Sci-fi detective show could be a hit. MM is really the perfect character for television, comic fans know him, but the general public doesn't. MM has the backstory and character that is perfect for fleshing out over seasons of television, and his powers are on the level of Superman, in addition to shape shifting abailities and telepathy. You could also bring in lesser known DC villians such as Vandal Savage and Neron.

I've already decided Jason Blood could be a supporting character.

I am glad this was brought back, I have been thinking of some as well.

I would like to see....

1.) Nightwing (the Grayson version)
2.) The Martian Manhunter (the more I hear talk of this, the more I like)
3.) Hourman ( I think the idea of a hero who has only has powers is interesting and could lead to some perilous and a great adventure story).
4.) Mr. Terrfic (the Michael Holt version)
5.) Green Arrow ( I really think he could translate well on Screen. I have enjoyed seeing him on Smallville, although it doesn't have to follow Smallville, I could see it working).
6.) The Question (Vic Sage)
7.)The Huntress (Helena Bertinelli)
8.) Manhunter (Kate Spencer)
9.) The Outsiders (I think the new version of the Oustiders could work since the only ties to Batman is Alfred and that he formed the team)

I think the green arrow has the potential to be a great tv series if done correctly. The budget wouldnt even have to be that expensive to pull it off. I was thinking too, they could even turn the supermax idea into a story arc for a season.

So, I've convinced myself that a Martian Manhunter television show would reek of awesomeness on many levels. MM is actually better suited as a character for television instead of a big screen flick, which isn't something that can be said for most superheroes. I can think of all kinds of cool things to do with an MM television show, but for the life of me I can't come up with a good movie idea for him. Set the show in Apex city and relish in the DC universe at it's fanatical best.

I've said this before, but it wouldn't be the most expensive show in the world either. Just keep MM in John Jones form or in the form of whoever/whatever he is tracking and only show his Martian form here and there or on special occasions.

A Batman show with a good does of the "Gotham Central" angle (but with more Batman) would be great.

would be nice but as long as their is an active film series going for batman we will likely not see two live action batmans running around at the same time. Darn wb for that thinking.

I'd like a good Birds of Prey series. The one from a while back had potential, but was poorly executed. Ashley Scott was a good Huntress Earth 2. Dina Meyer was a good Batgirl/Oracle. Mia Sara was a good Harley Quinn. They needed a better representation for Black Canary though.

true their it was a good concept but in the end it didnt pull the strings good enough.

Dial H for HERO would be good too. Make it kind of like Quantum Leap.

So I'm still playing with the idea of a Martian Manhunter television series, but I'm kinda hitting a roadblock when it comes to supporting cast.

yea that would be tough does john jones have much supporting characters in his solo expoilts?

A TV series I'd really like to see would be The Question. A good superhero based detective type series. Think Mentalist mixed with crimes from the original CSI and the thinking of characters from Criminal Minds. Displaying the side of Vic Sage by day and the truth seeking Question by night roaming the streets and rooftops of Hub City.

Could also add in some references other DC cities/heroes or cameos.

But I was wondering, since Question was so popular during his stint in the JLA series, do some of you think he could have his own animated show?

hmm i would be down with either a cartoon/tv series, or even a film though they probably dont think he would be good enough to be a solo film.

I always supported Nathan Fillion for the role if a flick ever happend. :D

I think that if handled properly, a film could happen. There's alot that can be done with Question character wise - the way he thinks, how he trained himself and his origin as a whole. I don't really know though who he could face off as a main villain..

But other then that, I'd still settle for a show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"