Some DC characters that would adapt really well to TV series

They would have to buy the rights to what ever character they wanted to do and with the feature film industry popping out a couple of comic book based movies every year i doubt they could get the rights to any good characters.

Almost any character can be good in the right hands, a relevant take and a good budget.

Now that DC has purchased the characters, you could make a Blood Syndicate show as a combination of The Wire and Heroes for something like HBO.

frist of all NO SUPERHERO SHOW ON STUPID PAY SIGHTS lets try and keep them all on Basic Cable so every one can Watch not just stupid rich brats who don't know jack about superheroes or really the diffrance between right and wrong, I don't get how you want Superhero shows watch by people that are usually bullys and that is usually the stupid rich people in most cases not all.

Has for the DC charicters that I think would be great for TV

Green Arrow

Black Canary if they can do better than Smallville, she was better on birds of Prey.

Flash - Walley West or Bart Allen, personally I think Barry Allen is too serious and I like the flash that is funny or cracking jokes when the world is about to end.

at first I thought the Legion of Superhero's would be to expense but look at star-treck they could make it work and I think it would be awsome.

a Teen Titan serious could be good too.

The Question - solveing mysteries would make a great show.

Johan Hex - I miss the good old western's but you could have future villians in it to based on the Hex is use to supernatural things, plus this guy has fought batman villian Ra's al Goul and Superman villian Van Savage. also you could bring Hex in to the present day although I don't think that would be a good idea for the show in general.

Static on TV would be really cool
While I hate the idea of the Greyson show, I would probably give the

Nightwing show a chance that doesn't sound too bad.
Martian Man Hunter

A Green Lanter Show would be awsome and I think it would work, but if they do it they better use either Hal Jorden or John Stewart cause the other green lanters are pretty lame.

Zatanna - Would be intresting and I think she would adapt to TV really well.

Etrigon the Demon - might be cool to see and he might work.

The Phantom Stranger would make a great show all one his own, not only that but you could bring in any DC charicter in to it. I think I would like to see this become a show.

Instead of the Graysons, I wish they would go and make the Bruce Wayne series that they were going to do before Smallville about Bruce's travels around the world training to become Batman. They could have had Selina Kyle as a young burglar/love interest and pre-transformation versions of some of Batman's villains. It would have been great. They could have got that guy that everyone thought was Bruce that showed up around season 3 or 4 of Smallville.

You do know that before Smallville, this was the producers original idea, was to make a Batman man tv show, but when the studio was going to make Batman Begins, that show went out the window.

Now as far as the idea for the show your talking about, again the have already done that it's called Batman Begins.

The characters freed from DC Continuity would work better.

On that note: Fate (Jerrod Stevens) was pretty much a guy with artifacts and a postiont between major mystical powers.

Black Orchid, coulda woulda made a wonder tie in with the DCU, but it never really happened. One Super woman, no background to speak of until later in the series. has potential in the TV business.

And another Possibility for an SF detective: Space Ranger. Drop the whole costume identity. Rick Starr, 22nd Century investigator. Think 22nd Century Matt Houston, replacing the Aaron Spelling glitz with a shadowy Bladerunner setting.

Until the various religious nut jobs started objecting. Hell I'm astounded Anime gets away with using the word Demon for characters in English Translation!

The characters freed from DC Continuity would work better.

Continuity doesn't need to be a hinderance.

The DCU is a very complex, fascinating place with many interesting people and things in it.

It shouldn't overwhelm a series mythos, of course.

There is are a lot great suggestions that I saw on here.
I was looking in the Dc Encylopedia and I think another good hero would be Hourman.

He can only use his powers for an hour and that could bring some excitement. Up until he takes the Miraclo pill, he has no powers.

I loved the ideas on here of Martian Manhunter , Animal man, Challengers of the Unknown.

Nightwing and Green Arrow would be excellent to see. I wouldn't mind seeing a Hawkman and Hawkgirl series too.
A few years ago there was talk of a Starman tv series based on the james Robinson Jack Knight version. They really need to look at that again. That would be awesome.

frist of all NO SUPERHERO SHOW ON STUPID PAY SIGHTS lets try and keep them all on Basic Cable so every one can Watch not just stupid rich brats who don't know jack about superheroes or really the diffrance between right and wrong, I don't get how you want Superhero shows watch by people that are usually bullys and that is usually the stupid rich people in most cases not all.

Has for the DC charicters that I think would be great for TV

Green Arrow

Black Canary if they can do better than Smallville, she was better on birds of Prey.

Flash - Walley West or Bart Allen, personally I think Barry Allen is too serious and I like the flash that is funny or cracking jokes when the world is about to end.

at first I thought the Legion of Superhero's would be to expense but look at star-treck they could make it work and I think it would be awsome.

a Teen Titan serious could be good too.

The Question - solveing mysteries would make a great show.

Johan Hex - I miss the good old western's but you could have future villians in it to based on the Hex is use to supernatural things, plus this guy has fought batman villian Ra's al Goul and Superman villian Van Savage. also you could bring Hex in to the present day although I don't think that would be a good idea for the show in general.

Static on TV would be really cool
While I hate the idea of the Greyson show, I would probably give the

Nightwing show a chance that doesn't sound too bad.
Martian Man Hunter

A Green Lanter Show would be awsome and I think it would work, but if they do it they better use either Hal Jorden or John Stewart cause the other green lanters are pretty lame.

Zatanna - Would be intresting and I think she would adapt to TV really well.

The Phantom Stranger would make a great show all one his own, not only that but you could bring in any DC charicter in to it. I think I would like to see this become a show.

Is this person 12?

Zatanna, however, is the ideal DC Character for a CW Show at this time. It has instant appeal just from being a hot woman in fishnets - cast the hottest, somewhat talented CW star they can get. The show would be a mix between Birds of Prey, Smallville and Supernatural with the premise being a younger Zatanna traveling with her father and her father's body guard Tong.

It allows you to build on the Smallville universe already at hand (Justin Hartley as a love interest?), and wouldn't require any over the top CGI (the true weakness to a DC TV show).

Do it.

Until the various religious nut jobs started objecting. Hell I'm astounded Anime gets away with using the word Demon for characters in English Translation!

Demons are used all the time in American Pop Culture with no objection. :huh:

You do know that before Smallville, this was the producers original idea, was to make a Batman man tv show, but when the studio was going to make Batman Begins, that show went out the window.

Now as far as the idea for the show your talking about, again the have already done that it's called Batman Begins.

Did you read my post? That's what it said.

Vixen/Mari Jiwe McCabe. Cast an unknown young talented actress to play the part. Maybe guest star on Smallville, if the character is well received by the fans than possibly garner a spin off? But she can't obviously wear this outfit...

0000dr2d7646316cy8.jpg

Huntress (Bertinelli)
The Question
Birds of Prey (adapting Simone's run, it'd make a great cartoon series, too)
Chase
Nightwing
Teen Titans
The Outsiders
Green Arrow
Suicide Squad
Wonder Woman
The Demon
Shadowpact
Manhunter (Kate Spencer)
Legion of Super-Heroes

:bow:

Don't forget Supergirl.

Last edited:
How about a Teen/young targeted Firestorm - young star who joins with his science teacher to become the Nuclear Man. The teenager could have all of the usual teen hang ups (ala Peter Parker-eque). The teacher has to deal with being ripped away from his life / family to be a superhero.

I could see this working in a Smallville / OC type market.

I'd love to see them take the Legion appearances on Smallville and turn it into a series. Maybe do it with a "lost in the past" type angle. You could cut back and forth from the past to the future with the Legion "past" adventures and then to the future with the Legion "future" trying to bring them home.

Nightwing. I seriously want a Nightwing tv series. The Question would also make a great one. I also think that a neo-noir show starrring Martian Manhunter that focuses mainly on his stories as a detective would make for a great series. We know that with Smallville ending, The CW is gonna do another DC-based show. It's inevitable. We'll see what it is. I'm just so glad that they dropped "The Graysons". That would've fuc*in' sucked.

We'll see what it is. I'm just so glad that they dropped "The Graysons". That would've fuc*in' sucked.

You think the replacement will be any better?

Birds of Prey was their previous try and it failed. Their response to that? The Graysons.

They need to be studying Buffy, Angel, Battlestar Galactica, Heroes first season, Alias and Lost not Smallville.

Last edited:
you think the replacement will be any better?

Birds of prey was their previous try and it failed. Their response to that? The graysons.

They need to be studying buffy, angel, battlestar galactica, heroes first season, alias and lost not smallville.

qft

The thing with buffy and angel is they had decent antagonists...

we shouldn't be thinking of this in the way of heroes but which villains are big and deep enough to carry an entire series with the main hero.

so which villains can hold an entire season and either have big plans for an area or a personal relationship with a hero (or could get a personal relationship with one).

While not entirely related, there is a point. In wrestling, there is an old saying. It's only as good as the bad guys are. Superhero shows need to be the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"