Some DC characters that would adapt really well to TV series

frist of all NO SUPERHERO SHOW ON STUPID PAY SIGHTS lets try and keep them all on Basic Cable so every one can Watch not just stupid rich brats who don't know jack about superheroes or really the diffrance between right and wrong, I don't get how you want Superhero shows watch by people that are usually bullys and that is usually the stupid rich people in most cases not all.

Has for the DC charicters that I think would be great for TV

Green Arrow

Black Canary if they can do better than Smallville, she was better on birds of Prey.

Flash - Walley West or Bart Allen, personally I think Barry Allen is too serious and I like the flash that is funny or cracking jokes when the world is about to end.

at first I thought the Legion of Superhero's would be to expense but look at star-treck they could make it work and I think it would be awsome.

a Teen Titan serious could be good too.

The Question - solveing mysteries would make a great show.

Johan Hex - I miss the good old western's but you could have future villians in it to based on the Hex is use to supernatural things, plus this guy has fought batman villian Ra's al Goul and Superman villian Van Savage. also you could bring Hex in to the present day although I don't think that would be a good idea for the show in general.

Static on TV would be really cool
While I hate the idea of the Greyson show, I would probably give the

Nightwing show a chance that doesn't sound too bad.
Martian Man Hunter

A Green Lanter Show would be awsome and I think it would work, but if they do it they better use either Hal Jorden or John Stewart cause the other green lanters are pretty lame.

Zatanna - Would be intresting and I think she would adapt to TV really well.

Etrigon the Demon - might be cool to see and he might work.

The Phantom Stranger would make a great show all one his own, not only that but you could bring in any DC charicter in to it. I think I would like to see this become a show.

Barry is comedic, just a different type of comedic than Wally or Bart.

Barry = smart ass

Wally = dumb ass

Bart = dumber ass (except when he became flash, in which everything was real sad)

Have you read (or watched) New Frontier, The Nail, World's Greatest Heroes by Alex ross and Paul Dini, or even JLA: Year One or Brave and Bold? Without being a complete moron like the JLU Flash, Barry definitely makes some wisecracks and had some humorous moments in those. Barry, unlike Wally and Bart, is a smart guy. He makes others feel stupid with his wit and humor. Wally and Bart put themselves down by acting stupid, altho Wally in the comics is definitely more of a sensible guy (post JLI, in which case everything was a big joke) then how he was portrayed on JLU - they made him a complete horse's ass. Barry always made wisecracks, unless Mark Waid is writing him in which he'll kinda bland for the most part (altho he was alright in JLA year One and Brave and Bold, mostly because of co-writers Brian Augustine and Tom Peyer)) because Mark Waid dislikes Barry Allen, mostly because the most time he wrote Flash, people never stopped asking for Barry to come back .

As for the rest of you shows, Hal needs to be GL on the GL show, as John Stewart cannot carry his own comic let alone his own show. If not Hal, then possibly Kyle.

Speaking of also-rans, Wally would definitely work best as Flash on a tv show, where there would be multiple episodes to explore his transition from The Flash's sidekick, Kid Flash, to the Flash as opposed to a movie. Wally's second rate, b-listier story is definitely better suited for the small screen (altho I'm sure thre will be much retconning or retooling or reinventiong on the Wallybots' part in an attempt to make sense of Wally's oh-so-cheesy storyarc). They could establish Barry Allen in a season or two, do some cool CSI stories, introduce the Rogues, and by season 3 Wally could have been Kid Flash for a while and by season four Barry could bite it and ta da, Wally takes over.

A Question tv show would be great.

And a GA show would work well as long as they do the actual GA, not the immitation Batman GA off Smallville. Naturally, I'd like to be involved with it. ;)

I still say a weekly Superman/Batman teamup show would be awesome, as there is no such film in the works at the moment, it would be easy to tell the TV batman and Superman apart from their on screen counterparts.

An Atom show about the real Atom, Ray Palmer, would be great.

A Doom Patrol show would work.

Even a Teen Titans show would be cool, costumes and all. It should be a hybrid of the original members and the cartoon teammates - Robin (Dick Grayson), Kid Flash (Wally West), Wondergirl, Speedy (Roy Harper), Aqualad, Cyborg, Starfire, Raven, and of course Beast Boy, kinda like the Perez lineup. Deathstroke would be the recurring bad guy.

Last edited:
The thing with buffy and angel is they had decent antagonists...

we shouldn't be thinking of this in the way of heroes but which villains are big and deep enough to carry an entire series with the main hero.

so which villains can hold an entire season and either have big plans for an area or a personal relationship with a hero (or could get a personal relationship with one).

It wasn't just that.

Both shows had extremely great actors, directing and the writing made you think. It was great quality all around. They didn't chicken out on risky stuff (Jenny Calender) or do very simple stuff. They were pioneers in the genre.

Last edited:
Barry is comedic, just a different type of comedic than Wally or Bart.

Barry = smart ass

Wally = dumb ass

Bart = dumber ass (except when he became flash, in which everything was real sad)

Have you read (or watched) New Frontier, The Nail, World's Greatest Heroes by Alex ross and Paul Dini, or even JLA: Year One or Brave and Bold? Without being a complete moron like the JLU Flash, Barry definitely makes some wisecracks and had some humorous moments in those. Barry, unlike Wally and Bart, is a smart guy. He makes others feel stupid with his wit and humor. Wally and Bart put themselves down by acting stupid, altho Wally in the comics is definitely more of a sensible guy (post JLI, in which case everything was a big joke) then how he was portrayed on JLU - they made him a complete horse's ass. Barry always made wisecracks, unless Mark Waid is writing him in which he'll kinda bland for the most part (altho he was alright in JLA year One and Brave and Bold, mostly because of co-writers Brian Augustine and Tom Peyer)) because Mark Waid dislikes Barry Allen, mostly because the most time he wrote Flash, people never stopped asking for Barry to come back .

As for the rest of you shows, Hal needs to be GL on the GL show, as John Stewart cannot carry his own comic let alone his own show. If not Hal, then possibly Kyle.

Speaking of also-rans, Wally would definitely work best as Flash on a tv show, where there would be multiple episodes to explore his transition from The Flash's sidekick, Kid Flash, to the Flash as opposed to a movie. Wally's second rate, b-listier story is definitely better suited for the small screen (altho I'm sure thre will be much retconning or retooling or reinventiong on the Wallybots' part in an attempt to make sense of Wally's oh-so-cheesy storyarc). They could establish Barry Allen in a season or two, do some cool CSI stories, introduce the Rogues, and by season 3 Wally could have been Kid Flash for a while and by season four Barry could bite it and ta da, Wally takes over.

And a GA show would work well as long as they do the actual GA, not the immitation Batman GA off Smallville. Naturally, I'd like to be involved with it. ;)

Agreed.

Even a Teen Titans show would be cool, costumes and all. It should be a hybrid of the original members and the cartoon teammates - Robin (Dick Grayson), Kid Flash (Wally West), Wondergirl, Speedy (Roy Harper), Aqualad, Cyborg, Starfire, Raven, and of course Beast Boy, kinda like the Perez lineup. Deathstroke would be the recurring bad guy.

The franchise is ready for this stage. The Wolfman/Perez run should be its blueprint. Give it a Buffy treatment with quality in acting, writing and execution. Just keep it away from CW.

Last edited:
It wasn't just that.

Both shows had extremely great actors, directing and the writing made you think. It was great quality all around. They didn't chicken out on risky stuff (Jenny Calender) or do very simple stuff. They were pioneers in the genre.
Still when you talk about hem as a series, you talk about their specific big bads they had to face (angel deviated from this sort of and was more arc orientated but still).

you could have the coolest hero ever but if their big bad isn't big or bad enough, you just won't care about them taking a freak of the week all the time unless its leading to something or fulfilling a legacy like smallville.

Still when you talk about hem as a series, you talk about their specific big bads they had to face (angel deviated from this sort of and was more arc orientated but still).

you could have the coolest hero ever but if their big bad isn't big or bad enough, you just won't care about them taking a freak of the week all the time unless its leading to something or fulfilling a legacy like smallville.

True.

But what most people miss is why they are such successful bad guys. It wasn't just that they were good characters. They had excellent, intelligent, well executed story lines which involved the entire cast of characters around them.

The executions were different, they were risky at times, they never held back and every step was thought out down to incredible detail from the writing to the actors to the theme of the seasons. Most series don't have this level of detail, nor able to constantly deliver it.

They were the some of the best at what they did and it showed.

It's a standard few sci-fi shows have managed to duplicate successfully.

Last edited:
I'd love to see a Blue Beetle Jaime Reyes show, or Static. I'd also see a Deathstroke show working.

I'd love to see a Blue Beetle Jaime Reyes show, or Static. I'd also see a Deathstroke show working.

I think either a Static (similar set up to Smallville, the bang babies/meteor freaks) or Teen Titans (done in a Heroes fashion) would be a good idea

I think Stati should be like the animated series, but with more realistic elements, as the toon's basic set up was pretty good... actually reminds me of the urban version of Smallville, his BF's just like Chloe and eventually the two team up to stop the bang babies of Detroit...

my vision for TT...

The series should follow the main characters individually, as each has their ongoing arc, which usually ends up being connected in the end,

Robin- in his loner phase and will be a dark character (chip on his shoulder typ-o-guy) his story will be a revenge seeking anti-hero, who really is trying to find his purpose, now that he's left "the nest" and lost his second "father" he'll be determined to prove his independance to the point of deadlier and more ruthless tactics

Aqualad-he will be the most detached character and his oddity under Atlantis will be explored, he like Robin will be trying to find his place in world, but in contrast he doesn't fit the Aquarian quota and thinks by becoming the sidekick of Aquaman he'll find his purpose

*Robin will be the hero striving to get away from his "father-figure", while Aqualad is trying to connect with his (sort of like the rich kid, trying to get away from his family name, and the poor kid trying to find a family in which to blend with)

Cyborg-his story could start post cybernetic parts where he's a great athlete whose struggling to get acceptance from dad, who thinks sports are a waste of his time... then follow him through th trauma of losing his mother and waking up half robot

Wonder Girl- she'll be the girl whom everyone likes, she's honest, does the right thing, a great athlete, excellent scholar, fights crime as Wonder Girl and has everythin in her life in order. She'll be the more sympathetic character whose sure and confident in herself, until the true origins of her past begin to unravel, and all that she knows is really a lie

Kid Flash-the wild child womanizer of the bunch, whose story deals with the super speedster falling behind an ever-growing world, despite being a superhero, he'll shun his daily responsibilites and be very immature, and throughout the season will need to mature and realize not ever problem can be fixed with his powers

*KF will be the foil and opposite of WG, as his life will come together, while hers will start that way and fall apart, he'll use superheroics as a perk and way to fame, while WG will see it as a rightful duty... I think this would make for an intersting pairing towards the end as KF (of all people) helps WG cope with her unraveling life in the end

It'd be cool if the characters only interacted every so often, maybe two or three teaming up at any given time... the whole bunch should only team up in the finale, where they become an official team

Later possible additions for the first season...

Starfire-a new alien to earth, whom Robin discovers after wandering on her own for a while, her absent-mindedness could be a foil to the determined Robin and help him loosen up and return to his chipper demeanor, post the loss of his parents

well since then cant (or wont) bring Batman's training days to the small screen what about Batgirl: Cassandra Cain? she's practically a Batman clone with an even more messed up childhood. not to mention that showcasing the different forms of martial arts and other defensive/ offensive skills would make for great TV.

Thanks, bro. :D

The franchise is ready for this stage. The Wolfman/Perez run should be its blueprint. Give it a Buffy treatment with quality in acting, writing and execution. Just keep it away from CW.

Totally agreed. And I want them to have costumes!!!!! :D

shouldn't te real atom description go to the AL PRATT VERSION THE GOLDEN AGE ATOM?

No, as he was extremely lame and had no superpowers, he has no relation to Ray Palmer.

Ray Palmer isn't pretending to be All Pratt or mimicking him. Ray Palmer exists in a different reality than All Pratt. Ray Palmer was the first ever Atom to shrink, he created the shrinking ability and Atom identity, Adam Cray and Ryan Choi have just taken what he's done and declared themselves the new Atom, donning identical or similar suits. They are extensions/continuations of Ray Palmer and could not exist without him, whereas Ray Palmer has absolutely nothing to do with All Pratt. Ray Palmer is the one, true Atom. :D

quote rootbeermaster
no superheroshows on stupid pay sites
amen to that

I think either a Static (similar set up to Smallville, the bang babies/meteor freaks) or Teen Titans (done in a Heroes fashion) would be a good idea

I think Stati should be like the animated series, but with more realistic elements, as the toon's basic set up was pretty good... actually reminds me of the urban version of Smallville, his BF's just like Chloe and eventually the two team up to stop the bang babies of Detroit...

my vision for TT...

The series should follow the main characters individually, as each has their ongoing arc, which usually ends up being connected in the end,

Robin- in his loner phase and will be a dark character (chip on his shoulder typ-o-guy) his story will be a revenge seeking anti-hero, who really is trying to find his purpose, now that he's left "the nest" and lost his second "father" he'll be determined to prove his independance to the point of deadlier and more ruthless tactics

Aqualad-he will be the most detached character and his oddity under Atlantis will be explored, he like Robin will be trying to find his place in world, but in contrast he doesn't fit the Aquarian quota and thinks by becoming the sidekick of Aquaman he'll find his purpose

*Robin will be the hero striving to get away from his "father-figure", while Aqualad is trying to connect with his (sort of like the rich kid, trying to get away from his family name, and the poor kid trying to find a family in which to blend with)

Cyborg-his story could start post cybernetic parts where he's a great athlete whose struggling to get acceptance from dad, who thinks sports are a waste of his time... then follow him through th trauma of losing his mother and waking up half robot

Wonder Girl- she'll be the girl whom everyone likes, she's honest, does the right thing, a great athlete, excellent scholar, fights crime as Wonder Girl and has everythin in her life in order. She'll be the more sympathetic character whose sure and confident in herself, until the true origins of her past begin to unravel, and all that she knows is really a lie

Kid Flash-the wild child womanizer of the bunch, whose story deals with the super speedster falling behind an ever-growing world, despite being a superhero, he'll shun his daily responsibilites and be very immature, and throughout the season will need to mature and realize not ever problem can be fixed with his powers

*KF will be the foil and opposite of WG, as his life will come together, while hers will start that way and fall apart, he'll use superheroics as a perk and way to fame, while WG will see it as a rightful duty... I think this would make for an intersting pairing towards the end as KF (of all people) helps WG cope with her unraveling life in the end

It'd be cool if the characters only interacted every so often, maybe two or three teaming up at any given time... the whole bunch should only team up in the finale, where they become an official team

Later possible additions for the first season...

Starfire-a new alien to earth, whom Robin discovers after wandering on her own for a while, her absent-mindedness could be a foil to the determined Robin and help him loosen up and return to his chipper demeanor, post the loss of his parents

I like your characterizations, but I kinda think they should start off as a group. Your idea is great for a giant origin episode, but I want to see the Titans together.

A few suggestions:

Play up the legacy character's relationships with their mentors. You've done this perfectly for Robin and Aqualad, who seem to have polar opposite relationships, but the middle ground should be explored with Kid Flash. Wally and Barry were always great buds and gettin' along, they have a great relationship, I'd play that up on the show. It could be part of why Kid Flash is so immature, because he's so doted on by his uncle and they're always havin' fun, Barry's easy-going-ness is good for Wally to be around because of his hectic life with his parents, but Barry has expectations for him and knows he has the potential to be a great hero, even wants him to become Flash one day when he's in a nursing home somewhere, Wally is aware of this and doesn't want to dissapoint anyone, Barry feels the same way.

Definitely establish Deathstroke as a major villain to the TT, and show why Robin hates him so much.

TT would be a kickass show if done right.

Past posts covered a few characters I think would make good on going tv shows and mini series. But others I had in mind would be:

1. Unknown Soldier - Put it in a "modern day" setting or maybe, if you're going to keep in the past, in the 80's or 90's and have this master of disguise going subterfuge to do what he has to do and build a lot of drama and back story not just with the main charcters but with the supporting players as well. It could be like a Wise Guy, 24, The Unit and Bourne Identity (okay, okay not a tv show but you know where I'm going with this ...) hybrid with the potential to be a "water cooler" type of series that people may speak of the next day.

2. Dead Man: I think this was in the pilot stage for a network at some point but the concept - plus the fun the guest actors can have pretending to be "possessed" by Boston Brand - would be pretty cool.

3. Lady Shiva. If Alias (which I've never seen) could work for as long as it did I don't see the harm in giving this character a shot.

4. And though mentioned already - and though once a show starring Rick Springfield - I think the "concept" of The Human Target, especially if the Vertigo series from a number of years back is used as a template, has great potential.

I think the possibilities of having a Supergirl spin off (or Green Arrow) from Smallville is very likely. In fact, I'm surprised no spin offs from Smallville hasn't happened yet.

0000dr2d7646316cy8.jpg

Why not, it would definitely give me more than just superhero action to look for on the show.

Nasty :word: Its a little too revealing for Smallville. :cwink: Plus I'd always picture myself in the role, and I'm not that well developed to fill that "top" out :lmao: Just read the new issue of the Justice League of America comic...she's really an underrated character.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vixen_(comics)
http://www.comicvine.com/vixen/29-2551/

Last edited:
Vixen is awesome. Shes not used enough

Something that could be turned into a tv series easily enough would be John Jonzz:Martian Manhunter... It could be like a sci-fi noir kind of a thing... Sin City meets Heroes...

I could see that. Maybe get Phil Morris to reprise his role, make it a really dark and adult Smallville spinoff.

I think the possibilities of having a Supergirl spin off (or Green Arrow) from Smallville is very likely. In fact, I'm surprised no spin offs from Smallville hasn't happened yet.

While I am a huge supergirl fan, and would love a Supergirl show I happen to be a marketing major (so StormyNormy I am not 12, I am 22 and yes I know I can't spell I don't care.) I think that it is a really bad idea and wouldn't work, because every time any one trys to do a female show that is a spin off a male hero it fails horriably and if you seen the supergirl movie from the 80s then you know why I don't want one, they never get a good villian, and for some reason there just seem to be a probablem with female heros other than buffy. but I am hopeing they do a Green Arrow spin off of smallville they set him up so nicely.

I have aways thought they should do a live action justice league show but with out the big 3, Superman, Batman and Wonder Women so movies wouldn't cause probablems. they tryed this in 1997 and fail big time.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_League_of_America_(TV_movie)
here is the link about it, once you read it you might understand why it failed.

my probablem with the only well know Heroes are Flash and Green Lantern, the other 3 arn't well know outside the comic book world witch u have to think about so it they wouldn't draw attention and they choose a lame ass villian.

I think there mistake was picking fire, ice and the atom since these heroes are not know, and I like Fire and Ice more than wonder women so its hard for me to say that but it's true, and I think The atom and Vixian would be the same way. sry to say this but has cool has the atom is shrinking is still a lame power.

What I would do is either do a young Justice Spin off or do a justice League show with this heroes instead.
Green Arrow - Leader - semi know
Black Canary - semi know
Hawkman - had his own show, every one know who he is.
Captain Marvel - every one knows the word SHAZAM and he had his own cartoon and his comics out sold supermans in the 70s.
Zatanna - while she isn't has well know, I think she is better know than fire, ice and the atom.
Supergirl - just to sneak the superman logo in and increase viewing.

then I would have this second rate team go fight villians who they didn't stand a chance agaist. like the A ranking villians of the original 7 justice league members, Darkseid, Joker, Lex Luthor, Van Savage. now I think that would be a show that would work, but I could be wrong. I just kind of guessed by popularity and tryed to think of heroes that would be know to people who don't read comic books with out useing the origianl 7 members, and then find heroes who were well know, and use them to make one large fan base.

Last edited:
johnny thunder might make a good comedy-adventure ala CHUCK

While I am a huge supergirl fan, and would love a Supergirl show I happen to be a marketing major (so StormyNormy I am not 12, I am 22 and yes I know I can't spell I don't care.) I think that it is a really bad idea and wouldn't work, because every time any one trys to do a female show that is a spin off a male hero it fails horriably and if you seen the supergirl movie from the 80s then you know why I don't want one, they never get a good villian, and for some reason there just seem to be a probablem with female heros other than buffy.

Hmmm, don't you think the epic fail of the Supergirl movie had more to do with the unbelievably crappy script than it did being a female spin off? Seriously the whole "I'm the cousin of the alien guy from krypton but I come from inner space in the center of the earth" was so lame. The villains were lame and the production was very lame. As for female spin offs of male heroes always doing badly? What about Zena or the bionic woman? They both did far better than their male counterparts that they spun off from.

Buffy worked because it was written well and had a high production quality. You can add Dark Angel to the list as well. The show was put on against the established show Angel (a male spin off show) and dominated the ratings during it's first season. If Fox wasn't so self destructive that show would have done well for years! I can just see the meeting at Fox.

"Alright people we have a huge hit on our hands! It's a ratings smash. It's a scifi action thriller that stars a twenty something Jessica Alba who is one of the most beautiful and sexy women on the planet and a huge up and coming star! Our core demographic is male viewers from puberty to their late twenties or early thirties! My idea, lets move the show to prime time on Friday night when none of it's main viewers are ever home!"

After as long pause the rest of the board stands and applauds and Fox has been spiraling down the tubes ever since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"