• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Venom Sony Revives 'Venom' Solo Movie - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This movie is slated for next October,right?

Any chance Venom will get it's own forum?

Obviously I'm excited to see Tom Hardy take on another CBM. And obviously I have my concerns about where Sony takes this.

But let's imagine for a moment it's good. Would you want to see the MCU adopt it into the fold?

Working on it.

Working on it.

Hopefully not as a completely separate section but as a sub-section or sub-forum of Spider-Man, so that the Spidey-verse is all kept together rather than all over the Hype boards.

God the hype surround SM3 after we found out about the Symbiote/Venom was insane

Ain't that the truth! It was my most anticipated movie of all-time.

It feels like yesterday to me when the first image of symbiote Spidey on the church was released. Such a great shot. I was on here and the Sony Spider-Man 3 forums every single day. It's a shame how let down I was later on.

That could also be a harness used for stunt work and such.

That could also be a harness used for stunt work and such.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I'd imagine some pretty heavy backlash if they go the Agent Venom route. I can't imagine those involved going that route. They're all Venom fans supposedly correct? Plus didn't they say Venom was gonna be CG?!

I thought more than enough Venom fans saw Agent Venom to be a genuinely worthwhile development for the character. I'm not expecting it, but I also won't be surprised if Brock ends up taking a page or so from Thompson's book.

Making Brock into Agent Venom would bother fans of both iterations of the character. I love them both, but they're entirely different -- motivations, what drives them, the big picture. Trying to mix the elements from both is a recipe for disaster.

I'm not seeing enough to think this is some tactical gear. Could be a parachute or stunt vest as others said.

I'd imagine after Homecoming that gamble pretty much paid off if that does become the intent.

I'm on board with this because I love Venom and the cast, particularly Hardy. However, the problem with doing this without Spidey is the likelihood of having to change Brock's backstory. Putting him at the Bugle just raises the questions that the studio wants/hopes to get away from. Having Flash Thompson would just do the same, hence the rumored hybrid origin/military background.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

QfT9SNZ.jpg

Eh. I want Venom as a villain not an anti hero.
Same goes for me. That's where I love him best. I've always pictured a Venom vs. Carnage movie like Freddy vs. Jason. Both characters are evil and the humans have to try and stop them. Maybe Venom could be a little more sympathetic and have more humanity simply because Brock,despite his flaws,is a decent person inside...unlike Cassidy,who is just a murdering monster.
When you start changing the backstories and motivations of certain characters that's when comic book movies run into trouble. Flash is Agent Venom,not Eddie Brock.

Pretty excited for this film. I hope Hardy's Brock is going to be, ya know, Brock and not an amalgamation between Flash and Brock.

Bad enough we got a lot of that in Homecoming and I really don't want that happening here, too.

Pretty excited for this film. I hope Hardy's Brock is going to be, ya know, Brock and not an amalgamation between Flash and Brock.

Bad enough we got a lot of that in Homecoming and I really don't want that happening here, too.

Please. Sony would definitely do something like that

I seriously doubt Marvel Studios would go for Sony using Flash, even an amalgamated version. Feige might still have plans for Flash in future Spidey films.

Well, Brock needs to be re-invented away from a reporter. I don't mind him having a military background...seal preferably. I'm hoping they make Brock the character he should have been, the character he should be, versus what he has been in the comics of old.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"