• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Venom Sony Revives 'Venom' Solo Movie - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really liking a lot of this cast that we're getting.

Can we count on a Symbiote Kill of the Week, then?

This cast is insane. Hardy, Ahmed,Williams, Slate, Harrelson? That is stacked.

This movie is seriously an enigma, how is the cast this good? I see ridiculous set photos of Eddie Brock riding a motorcycle on wires for a crazy stunt with fire and the dumb part of my brain is instantly on board.

My best guess is that they will keep it vague. If Spider-Man is mentioned, he will mention it having another host, being rejected, coming to Brock, seeking revenge at first, but now seeking another purpose. I think they will delve more into the symbiote race's origins more so than Brock's history with Spider-Man (given the Planet of the Symbiotes influence). They will leave it open so they can maybe use Spider-Man somewhere down the line.
Then what about Brock, who's whole motivation for joining with Venom was his hatred of Spider-Man.

The cast is incredible, and venom is one of my fave charaxters as is carnage. And I hope Sony do it justice but let's face it their track record in this department is more hit than miss.

Can't really have these two in a spidey movie because these two characters need to be rated r to do them justice.

I just hope they don't Go agent venom route, that's not venom to me.

Then what about Brock, who's whole motivation for joining with Venom was his hatred of Spider-Man.

At this point, it can be about Brock after all that. We do not really need to see hin hating Spider-Man by where we come into Brock at this point.

At this point, it can be about Brock after all that. We do not really need to see hin hating Spider-Man by where we come into Brock at this point.

Honestly, at this point I expect a brief bunch of mentions to "the other guy" and an overall minimized take on the origins and start off well into his bond, kinda like in Incredible Hulk. I expect there will be flashbacks to stuff to establish his connection with Anne and stuff about his career.

I could even see him having nightmares where it's closeup shots of Spider-man's arm, the symbiote is wilting off of it and landing onto Brock, or something more stylized when he first bonds. A bunch of flashing nightmare images, shots of space, shots of bonding on a molecular level and then a stylized image of a spider on a red and blue background as it fades to black.

There's a ton of minimalist approaches they can take and it would sell the audience for now.

The cast is incredible, and venom is one of my fave charaxters as is carnage. And I hope Sony do it justice but let's face it their track record in this department is more hit than miss.

Can't really have these two in a spidey movie because these two characters need to be rated r to do them justice.

You don't need an R-rating to do Venom justice at all.

Honestly, at this point I expect a brief bunch of mentions to "the other guy" and an overall minimized take on the origins and start off well into his bond, kinda like in Incredible Hulk. I expect there will be flashbacks to stuff to establish his connection with Anne and stuff about his career.

I could even see him having nightmares where it's closeup shots of Spider-man's arm, the symbiote is wilting off of it and landing onto Brock, or something more stylized when he first bonds. A bunch of flashing nightmare images, shots of space, shots of bonding on a molecular level and then a stylized image of a spider on a red and blue background as it fades to black.

There's a ton of minimalist approaches they can take and it would sell the audience for now.
I just don't understand how you do Venom's origin and backstory without Spider-Man.

Woody was superb as the villain in War For The Planet Of The Apes, my favourite this year so far, so him playing Cassidy would be greatly great casting.

I love Rick Remender's agent venom run, but I'd be ticked if they gave his backstory to Brock. That's like giving Peter Parker the backstory of Miles Morales. Flash and Brock are two totally different characters. Keep them separate.

Easiest way is to just leave it vague and not address it.

Yupp I can imagine a way of storytelling like Jane was written in Ragnarok. Maybe a scientist says 1-2 sentences to explain.

I sense (Sony/Pascal) still have strong desires, to have the Spideyverse they are trying to create, have some symbiotic relation to the MCU. Putting the majority of their efforts & trying to prove their worth, essentially in this one film, to Fiege...with the production staff & casting, wanting to make an impression on inclusion...to whatever degree.

My guess, they're (S/P) leaving the interpretation of the origin opened, to retrofit it's relation to Spidey, should negotiations for renewal goes in their favor. So, I imagine Venom comes into this film already established. They may distribute some convoluted signs of his moment of origin, but difficult to ascertain...to retrofit it later. We shall see.

Still, I sense whatever they do, as far as, the origin is concern...Brock's hatred of Spiderman, will be fueled by his jealousy, rooted in the Symbiote desire to bond with Peter/Spidey over him. His bond with the Symbiote is so intimate, he may feel, like a scorn woman, if he can get rid of Spidey, remove him out the picture, there's nothing left for the Symbiote to desire but himself(Brock)...that's possible his motivated hatred will stem from.

Well, the cast is getting very good for this

I sense (Sony/Pascal) still have strong desires, to have the Spideyverse they are trying to create, have some symbiotic relation to the MCU. Putting the majority of their efforts & trying to prove their worth, essentially in this one film, to Fiege...with the production staff & casting, wanting to make an impression on inclusion...to whatever degree.

My guess, they're (S/P) leaving the interpretation of the origin opened, to retrofit it's relation to Spidey, should negotiations for renewal goes in their favor. So, I imagine Venom comes into this film already established. They may distribute some convoluted signs of his moment of origin, but difficult to ascertain...to retrofit it later. We shall see.

Still, I sense whatever they do, as far as, the origin is concern...Brock's hatred of Spiderman, will be fueled by his jealousy, rooted in the Symbiote desire to bond with Peter/Spidey over him. His bond with the Symbiote is so intimate, he may feel, like a scorn woman, if he can get rid of Spidey, remove him out the picture, there's nothing left for the Symbiote to desire but himself(Brock)...that's possible his motivated hatred will stem from.

Agreed. The origin of the symbiote reaching Earth likely will be covered, given the Planet of the Symbiotes influence. But, his history with Spider-Man is going to only be handled one of 2 ways: Either it will be left vague and left up to the audience to fill in the blanks, or Spider-Man is out of the origin altogether. I lean towards it being left vague.

I just don't understand how you do Venom's origin and backstory without Spider-Man.
In the example I was using, it wouldn't omit him, it would be hinting at Spidey and making vague references that would be picked up in a future movie if they wanted. Like Venom'sDad said, he'd probably be established already, see how this movie works out and work on connecting things at a later point.

Do we know how many films Tom Hardy signed on for? Or did he sign up for just 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"