Spider-Man or Fantastic Four- Which rights do you want Marvel to have more?

Ultron-5

Sidekick
Reaction score
This is a hard one. I want to see Marvel make a good Spider-Man series (like the early Raimi films), but I also want to see them make a comic accurate Fantastic Four. Which rights do you want Marvel to have more?

Voted F4, because I feel like I've had a bit of an overdose of Spider-Man. While I don't really care about the F4 a lot of other interesting characters and things, especially regarding cosmic stuff, come with their rights.

Define "rights".

Marvel has the rights to do a live action Spider-Man show on Netflix or ABC that could be connected to the MCU but just can't have the show be in the movies.

Are we talking what we'd rather have the film rights too or what would you rather have in the MCU?

Film rights goes to FF because they have some great villains who can be major Marvel universe threats but I'd rather have Spidey in the MCU because I like Spidey.

Voted F4, because I feel like I've had a bit of an overdose of Spider-Man. While I don't really care about the F4 a lot of other interesting characters and things, especially regarding cosmic stuff, come with their rights.

I agree with this whole heartedly.
I liked aspects of the old FF movies, but they could have been much better.
Also could you imagine Skrulls in the MCU and the things they could do? Imagine if they did something similar to the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes arc about the Skrull invasion
and have Skrull-Captain America - Skraptain America lol - convince the world to submit to the Skrulls.
That'd be awesome!

I love Spidey (my absolute favourite superhero/comic book character) but we've had 5 Spidey films. I've liked aspects of all, even Spider-Man 3. I'm in the minority who likes The Amazing Spider-Man 2, that's actually my favourite Spider-Man film.

I do want Spidey over at Marvel Studios, but at the same time I don't like seeing things incomplete. We've had hints of Sinister Six and a TAS-M3, let Sony finish those first. Just my opinion on that.

Last edited:
I actualy think the choice is quite easy, Fantastic Four was where a major portion of the Marvel universe started to grow, it's where the stories started to go into cosmic territory, it's where characters like the Inhumans and Black Panther first appeared, it was what gave new life to Marvel.

Fantastic Four are honestly more necessary to the Marvel Cinematic Unvierse, Spider-man expands upon the street level part of the MCU, but he can still fit very well on his oun universe, i think the FF are more essential.

Define "rights".

Marvel has the rights to do a live action Spider-Man show on Netflix or ABC that could be connected to the MCU but just can't have the show be in the movies.

Are we talking what we'd rather have the film rights too or what would you rather have in the MCU?

Film rights goes to FF because they have some great villains who can be major Marvel universe threats but I'd rather have Spidey in the MCU because I like Spidey.

All of this is news to me, I had no idea they could put him in a Netflix series.

Easy choice. Fantastic Four. For various reasons. The FF could expand the MCU so much, and are an easy fit in tone to what the MCU has been so far. Also, at this point, I feel like Spider-Man, as a cineastic property is damaged beyond repair, for a long, long time. S-M 3 and both the abyssal reboot movies were just too many nails for the coffin. He also doesn't fit into the universe at the moment, being a street level hero whose spot can easily be filled with DD or other street level heroes without changing too much. The only thing that really makes him different than those is him being a teenager. Johnny Storm could easily replicate that

By far the F4 MUST come home to Marvel...if Phase 4 kicked off with the F4, then they could set the stage to have DOCTOR DOOM be the "Thanos" of the next few phases...done right, Doom could easily be the modern day Darth Vader in terms of memorable villains (considering the good doctor influenced Darth)...along the way, we make trips to the Negative Zone to see Annihilus....an underground adventure to Subterranea with Mole Man and his monsters...and of course, each film in a phase could hint at another herald of Galactus coming, paving the way for the Big G to come to Earth to feast....oh and if the F4 does come home...then DOOM CAN DO THIS:

secret-wars-10-010.jpg

Last edited:
To my understanding, Marvel can't make a live action Spidey show. The rights are bundled as live action rights, hence Fox getting so upset at Mutant X

I voted fantastic 4, because I don't want disney to get spidey back. I want them and sony to make a deal.

And I'm very shocked at the poll results.

I only picked Spider-Man because I like the character a lot more than I like the Fantastic Four.

It's an obvious choice. The First Family. While it would be great to have Spidey home, he can sustain his own universe (sort of). The F4 and all the things that would come with them (Doom, Galactus, Surfer, Annihilus, Super Skrull, Reed getting to be in the Illuminati with Downey, Boseman, Cumberbatch, Diesel?, and one day Namor) would be unbelievable in the MCU.

F4, easily. You could easily model phases 4-6 with the Fantastic Four and all characters they come with (Doom, Silver Surfer, Galactus, Annihilus, the Skrulls etc.) There's just so much you can do and it could open up the MCU soooo much. The Fantastic Four NEED to return home. Plain and simple.

Fantastic Four.

Spider Man has already had decent movies. FF have not.

It's an obvious choice. The First Family. While it would be great to have Spidey home, he can sustain his own universe (sort of).

no he can't. he needs to be in the mcu. he just doesn't need to be housed by marvel studios.

He's already sustained his own universe just fine.

no he hasn't. his popularity has diminished while all the other marvel characters' popularities have risen. I understand that there are other factors involved in spidey's decline, but him being absent and kept separate from the mcu is definitely one of them.

Maybe this should be its own thread but what do you guys think happened to Spider-man? Not just the movie franchise but the Spider-man franchise as a whole? i feel like over the past several years, his popularity has just taken a complete nose-dive. He's no longer king of the world like he once was. Where did it all go wrong?

Maybe this should be its own thread but what do you guys think happened to Spider-man? Not just the movie franchise but the Spider-man franchise as a whole? i feel like over the past several years, his popularity has just taken a complete nose-dive. He's no longer king of the world like he once was. Where did it all go wrong?

there's a ton of talk about that down at the spidey forums, bud.

I don't feel strongly either way but of the two, Spider-Man. I'm actually looking forward to the new FF movie.

Fantastic Four definitely. The F4 characters would fit perfectly in the MCU. The tone of the F4 comics would fit in perfectly to the MCU as well. Not to mention the very important side characters that could play huge roles in the future of the MCU, such as Galactus, the Skrulls, and the Silver Surfer.
The Fantastic Four also has the greatest comic book villain of all time, who could challenge the whole universe of Marvel heroes; Doctor Doom. To get Doom alone is worth it. I would rather have a MCU Dr. Doom alone than all the Spider-Man characters.

Neither Fox nor Sony have displayed any real ability to deliver content worthy of their respective properties. Choosing between them is a mug's game that abandons one property and it's fans to wallow in hopelessness and despair.

So I vote 'both'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"