• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Comics Spider-Verse Presents: The Scarlet Spiders

K

KaineMorrison

Ben Reilly
Kaine
Ultimate Jessica Drew

The only thing that I feel they should have done differently in Regards to Ben Reilly is say that in that universe that he comes from, that he was the Real Peter Parker!

Maybe he is from a reality where he was not the clone? We don't know yet.

Also here is the Bagley Variant cover (I noticed that two fingers on Ben's gloves have the wrong color, hope they'll fix it for the final version :cwink: ).

Scarlet-Spiders-1-Bagley-Variant.jpg

But it's so good to see Ben again and also drawn by Mark Bagley.

Last edited:
Interesting. I wondered how Ben would be involved. Time travel was involved in Superior Spider-Man 32, so perhaps this is indeed the Ben Reilly from our timeline.

I just wonder why they didn't use the Ben/Scarlet Spider from the "Real Clone Saga" mini instead. Blond Ben that is still in the SS suit and didn't get killed at the end of the story...All they had to do is say that that mini was in an alternate timeline and he was plucked from it...

Edit: oop nevermind. This Ben is a completely new Ben from an alternate reality. http://bamsmackpow.com/2014/07/31/clones-unite-scarlet-spiders-key-role-play-spider-verse/

...an alternate reality version of Ben Reilly.

The Reilly on the team is from a reality where Peter Parker never returned from Oregon during the Clone Saga, which is bound to color his outlook on things.

Last edited:
Don't forget that Ben is still around somewhere in the 616. He was a Janitor after he supposedly died.

Where was that in? I am drawing a blank on that...unless you mean that untold tale in europe. That was before he came back.

Where was that in? I am drawing a blank on that...unless you mean that untold tale in europe. That was before he came back.
No, this was a story where he was going by a different name.

No, this was a story where he was going by a different name.

I am pretty sure that was an "untold tales of Ben Reilly" story. It started with something like "Before I was calling myself Ben Reilly..." And it doesn't really fit with the story we know about Ben from "Lost Years", especially with the name change and time in Europe. So I chose to ignore it.

There have been a few untold Ben Reilly stories, mostly written around 2009-2010 by JM DeMatteis as back-ups for one of the anthology books (just after Kaine came back). There was one story where he was teaching in Italy (!), one where he was a janitor, and actually one written by Christos Gage even before that where as Spider-Ben he teamed up with the X-Men against Mr Sinister and Carnage.

Don't forget that Ben is still around somewhere in the 616. He was a Janitor after he supposedly died.

What? No. That was a story from his time on the road, obviously an untold tale, not something current. Ben's as dead as a doornail.

I liked the Italy story, and the flashbacks where he met Raptor, and the Gage story where he teamed up with the X-Men, but THAT particular story you're talking about where he took the name "Henry" (an alias for an alias, um okay?) and worked a menial job as a janitor where he was bullied by his boss, was just kinda bizarre. He didn't even look like Ben in it, I recall.

SCARSPIDERS2014001-Cov-c1ceb.jpg

So apparently they meant to give him red gloves...that wasn't a coloring error...

SCARSPIDERS2014001-Cov-c1ceb.jpg

So apparently they meant to give him red gloves...that wasn't a coloring error...

I think it's another coloring error. Maybe by the same guy.
He doesn't have the webs on the parts that are supposed to be blue, but there are webs on the 3 fingers that should be red.
So they have colored it wrong.

What is this Spider-Verse?

And what is Edge of Spider-Verse that's supposed to come out in stores tomorrow?

I just finished the Ultimate Spider-Man series and am looking to get in something new.

Spider-Verse is a mini Series running through The current Spider-Man titles and some new ones that will be starting with this event.

it is technically about every Spider-Man ever* joining up together and fighting Morlun and as of right now, a mystery mastermind.

Marvel doesn't have the "rights" to use the movie or MTV Spider-Men.
Marvel are also pulling some made up out of their butts Spider-Men and Women.
Some sound good, some sound like puke. One sounds Amazing, no pun intended.

I am so stoked for the Scarlet Spiders mini. mind you i'm aiming to get every book and tie-in to Spider-Verse so by January i'm gonna be flat broke.....more that I usually am.

I read that Ben Reilly had also gone through Spider-Island and Ends of the Earth type storylines in his reality maybe he's from the MC2?

I am so stoked for the Scarlet Spiders mini. mind you i'm aiming to get every book and tie-in to Spider-Verse so by January i'm gonna be flat broke.....more that I usually am.

I read that Ben Reilly had also gone through Spider-Island and Ends of the Earth type storylines in his reality maybe he's from the MC2?
MC2 Ben died the same time 616 did.

This is Ben from 617...lol

I want to know if this Ben is "real" or Cloned

MC2 Ben died the same time 616 did.

This is Ben from 617...lol

I want to know if this Ben is "real" or Cloned

I don't have a link for you but I read that this Spider-Ben is from a universe where he lived and stayed as Spider-Man. So he's real- as far as his universe is concerned.

That was from the reveal of the new mini. I'm just hoping that they say, one way or another, what his status is....

Marvel swapped Camo in to do art on one of the main Spider-Verse Issues.
We all know what that means....

Someone important is dying in that issue!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"