• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Avengers Spidey in the Avengers?

As much as I would like him to show up, I don't.... why because TASM maybe good (fans have said it is) but I am not watching it till it hits red box. Why? its not because I don't like Spidy... Hes one of my top 3 Fav. (Hulk, Spidy, Wolve) I am doing it because since Marvel is giving their character great movie adaption I am not going to back up any character made by marvel and not produce by marvel. I do not want TASM to be apart of the MU movie since marvel does not have creative control over it. But I am glad TASM is doing well.

My feelings exactly.

I did, however, see TASM. At first, I decided I didn't like it. It was only later that I realized I was biased against it because it wasn't a Marvel Studios film and I was simply bitter that Sony still has the rights.

As a Spider-Man film, it's actually rather good. But I agree with your sentiment in that I am 100% behind the MCU now, and all other Marvel films not produced by Marvel Studios are simply "other superhero" movies for me.

I'll probably watch Amazing Spider-man one of these days when I'm not working. I was going to see it this week but it's been so dern hot here and it's just been exhausting because of the heat.

As much as I would like him to show up, I don't.... why because TASM maybe good (fans have said it is) but I am not watching it till it hits red box. Why? its not because I don't like Spidy... Hes one of my top 3 Fav. (Hulk, Spidy, Wolve) I am doing it because since Marvel is giving their character great movie adaption I am not going to back up any character made by marvel and not produce by marvel. I do not want TASM to be apart of the MU movie since marvel does not have creative control over it. But I am glad TASM is doing well.

...shocker

My feelings exactly.

I did, however, see TASM. At first, I decided I didn't like it. It was only later that I realized I was biased against it because it wasn't a Marvel Studios film and I was simply bitter that Sony still has the rights.

As a Spider-Man film, it's actually rather good. But I agree with your sentiment in that I am 100% behind the MCU now, and all other Marvel films not produced by Marvel Studios are simply "other superhero" movies for me.

agreed. I just can't imagine that he exists in the same universe as the avengers do. Although I prefer that some non avengers get introduced, Spidy being owned by Sony in a totally different universe, "money" and "making a deal" can't work just to get him in.

Im all for the Doctor Strange rumor in Thor 2, if eventually he doesn't become an avenger

I would like for Spidey to be in the Avengers i mean Garfield has prooven to be an amazing actor and i would love to see how he could interact with Cap Tony and Thor. But if Marvel/Sony do allow like a cameo maybe it will be like a small one like Peter taking a picture of the Avengers or something.

If the TASM Spidey does make it into the MCU someday, the events of The Amazing Spider-Man or the entire new trilogy will have to take place before The Avengers.

Maybe have the third film end with the Chituri invasion starting above Stark Tower and the final swing being Spidey swing into action with Chituri flying around.

If The Amazing Spider-Man takes place after The Avengers, that can explain why there was such a large abundance of construction cranes in Mid-town for that scene at the end of TASM. There diffinitely aren't such a large number of cranes over any street in Midtown in real life, unless parts the city were being repaired or rebuilt after the invasion at the end of The Avengers.

Only problem is the presence of the Met-Life building in the film, the one Spidey is standing on when he's wearing a book bag and promising Aunt May to buy eggs, which should be the Stark Tower by then, if this takes place after The Avengers. This problem doesn't apply if it takes place before The Avengers

As for Oscorp Tower, it changed locations or disappeared entirely from the skyline at times in The Amazing Spider-Man, so it doesn't really matter where it was in The Avengers.

Last edited:
There is no feasible way to incorporate the events of ASM into the MCU. If it happened before Avengers, then Fury should have tried to recruit him. If after then the Chitauri should have been mentioned in it. At the very least we should have seen Stark tower.

Who knows. Maybe with Spidey's poor domestic opening, Sony would be willing to make some kind of deal if Disney makes it worth their while.

I'd prefer it if Spidey were to stay the hell away from the MCU.

Some people are pretty damn serious about not wanting Spidey in the MCU......

doesnt matter how bitter people are about Spider-Man in the MCU, the general audience WANTS Spidey in The Avengers. its all over Tumblr, most of my friends were like "why isnt spidey in the avengers?" and they are not Marvel geeks at all.

face it, we as a hardcore devoted fanbase mean little vs the GA and they really want Spidey in TA.

Some people are pretty damn serious about not wanting Spidey in the MCU......

I think it's a matter of not wanting the MCU to bend over backwards to accommodate him after all the hard work that's gone into bringing other less famous heroes to the big screen.

It wouldn't be hard at all.

As far as the people serious about not wanting it, can someone honestly tell me that Marvel Studios head honcho Kevin Feige doesn't want it?

Avi Arad confirms that there are no plans for Spider-Man to ever turn up in The Avengers...

"No. I think obviously in the comics, the team-ups and mix-ups have kept publishing going for many years, but Spider-Man has a huge universe of its own, so many villains, foes, and friends. It's not something we're thinking about because we have so much more to tell."

The only film that Spider-Man can show up in is Ghost Rider because the rights are owned by Sony. Doubt it would happen though.

Also, I don't want to see that ugly Marc Webb costume in my Avengers.

Avi Arad is contradicting what he has said previously. And honestly when push comes to shove he might not have a say.

I hate how a lot of people have the impression that putting Spidey into the MCU would mean his own stories being messed with or joining the Avengers full time. That doesn't have to happen.

He can just be in the MCU with no interaction whatsoever with the rest of the MCU..........................well, that would only be to make the haters happy.

If they find some way to accommodate Oscorp Tower and Stark Tower for one universe, I'd be game. Otherwise, I can't see it.

I hate how a lot of people have the impression that putting Spidey into the MCU would mean his own stories being messed with or joining the Avengers full time. That doesn't have to happen.

He can just be in the MCU with no interaction whatsoever with the rest of the MCU..........................well, that would only be to make the haters happy.
What's the point of having him in the MCU if he's kept isolated?

Fans have to get over it. Spider-Man has been directly involved with other characters and teams in the Marvel Universe for years.

Him being in the Avengers is more recent, but he's had his own Team-up book and he's been friendly and interacted with pretty much everyone out there since the 1960's.

No one has come up with a good reason NOT to do this.

Marvel Studios and Sony need to make it happen let us know they co-exist in the same world. We don't need constant Avengers cameos but seeing the Stark Tower, Daily Bugle paper of the Chitauri invasion in their offices framed, or maybe even Peter running into Tony Stark in the film running down the street.

Ofcourse i'd love a scene still where Spideys in dire need of help and have an Avenger help him out for a scene whatever way that they can make it work.

Fans have to get over it. Spider-Man has been directly involved with other characters and teams in the Marvel Universe for years.

Him being in the Avengers is more recent, but he's had his own Team-up book and he's been friendly and interacted with pretty much everyone out there since the 1960's.

No one has come up with a good reason NOT to do this.

Marvel Studios and Sony need to make it happen let us know they co-exist in the same world. We don't need constant Avengers cameos but seeing the Stark Tower, Daily Bugle paper of the Chitauri invasion in their offices framed, or maybe even Peter running into Tony Stark in the film running down the street.

Ofcourse i'd love a scene still where Spideys in dire need of help and have an Avenger help him out for a scene whatever way that they can make it work.

Exactly :D

As far as making it work, MCU doesn't need to bend itself backwards to accommodate TAS. MCU hasn't released its films in chronological order, the climax in TAS could happen, hell,the same night as the climax in IM1. Fury never went after Spiderman because he's a kid and seems sort of reckless. He had a hard time allowing Stark, who is a much better weapon for SHIELD than Spidey. It's not that farfetched.

FWIW, I'm more against it than for it, but it isn't that big of deal for me, regardless.

Accommodating Oscorp Tower into the MCU, though. Considering the backstory presented in ASM, Oscorp has been around for a long time.

I suppose you can argue that while Oscorp has had its presence around Manhattan, the Oscorp Tower itself could've been built quick, albeit being quite a stand-out in the cityscape. I mean, how long did it take for Stark Tower to be built? I haven't paid especially close attention to little things like that.

Maybe I'm just grasping at straws, I don't know. I'm trying to speculate. Like weezerspider said, it's not a huge deal for me.

There is no feasible way to incorporate the events of ASM into the MCU. If it happened before Avengers, then Fury should have tried to recruit him. If after then the Chitauri should have been mentioned in it. At the very least we should have seen Stark tower.

Not an issue. Spidey is a maverick. Not much is known about him nationally. He is localized like Batman. Maybe they couldn't track him down.

Stark is an international celebrity. Cap/SHIELD, while underpowered, are government sponsored people.

ASM can take place any time before Avengers. Maybe like right before Incredible Hulk or something. But we need to start seeing news reels, Oscorp Towers, and Bugle stories in MCU/Spidey films. I think it is 50/50 we will get as much. Cameo would be as far as it can go... for now.

Last edited:
I think there is a very good chance that we will see some connectivity between SM and the MCU especially in this next phase of the MCU. TASM2 is scheduled for 2014 along with Cap2 and probably Ant-Man. So we have Marvel movies in April, May and August, that provides a good opportunity to make some references to each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"