The Amazing Spider-Man Spider-Man in the Avengers?

webhead9707

Dr. Perky
Reaction score
http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/spider-man-to-make-surprise-cameo-in-the-avengers/258031

Spider-Man could make a surprise appearance in The Avengers, it has been suggested.

Actress Jenny Agutter, who plays a council member in Marvel's forthcoming all-star superhero blockbuster, apparently told the Radio Times that she was stationed next to Iron Man and Spider-Man's trailers during the shoot.

She added: ''I'm sworn to secrecy. I wasn't allowed a script until I got there, and when I did, I felt like a complete child being on big sets and a huge parking lot of Winnebagos."

There had been no previous suggestion that Spider-Man is appearing in the film, and it is possible that the rumour was a mistake on the part of Agutter or the journalist in question.

Never gonna happen. She's a 60 year old woman, who probably doesn't know anything more about comic books then what her two pages of The Avengers script calls for. She probably just misspoke.

lex-luthor-wrong1.jpg

Never gonna happen. She's a 60 year old woman, who probably doesn't know anything more about comic books then what her two pages of The Avengers script calls for. She probably just misspoke.

:up:

After fighting Skrulls in the Avengers, the buildup to Green Goblin would seem kind of mediocre by comparison wouldn't it? Also I could have swore Webb stated he wanted to keep his universe separate.

Last edited:
I don't see it happening, I just thought you guys might want to see it. :)

After fighting Skrulls in the Avengers, the buildup to Green Goblin would seem kind of mediocre by comparison wouldn't it? Also I could have swore Webb stated he wanted to keep his universe separate.

That wouldn't be a factor if TASM took place after The Avengers. Also, Avi Arad was the one who said that he was pretty sure the plan was to keep Spider-man separate for now. Feige said that too but they never denounced plans that TASM would be in the same Universe just that he would appear in a group film. At least, for now.

It's likely Disney will buyout Sony Pictures so get use to the idea guys.

Spidey in The Avenegrs ?? Yeah not gonna happen.

Spidey shouldn't even be used as an Avenger though. When I think of the Avengers, Spider-Man doesn't come to mind. It's Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Ant-Man, Wasp, Hawkeye, Black Widow and Vision.

I'm happy where Spider-Man is for the time being. Marvel Studios is going through some growing pains setting up the MCU.

It's likely Disney will buyout Sony Pictures so get use to the idea guys.

I doubt Disney will buyout all of Sony, but I wouldn't be surprised if they buy the Spider-Man & Ghost Rider rights back. Hell, by the looks of GR2, Sony will eagerly give the rights to that franchise back.

I don't want anyone but Human Torch or Daredevil showing up in the Spidey movies, and sadly those are owned by fox. -_-

I doubt Disney will buyout all of Sony, but I wouldn't be surprised if they buy the Spider-Man & Ghost Rider rights back. Hell, by the looks of GR2, Sony will eagerly give the rights to that franchise back.

They might not buy out ALL of Sony but its very possible they'll buy out Sony's film division.

I never really got into the avengers until Spidey showed up for a time a few years back, so the idea of Spidey working with the avengers for a time never bothers me. I think the opportunity to show how Peter - someone used to being a loner - handles a group dynamic (especially when their all his "heroes") would make for an interesting story.

I also always liked how everyone would get annoyed by Spidey's constant yammering.

I never really got into the avengers until Spidey showed up for a time a few years back, so the idea of Spidey working with the avengers for a time never bothers me. I think the opportunity to show how Peter - someone used to being a loner - handles a group dynamic (especially when their all his "heroes") would make for an interesting story.

I also always liked how everyone would get annoyed by Spidey's constant yammering.

Agreed.

Also, If Spidey is indeed introduced into the Avengers in a future film, he'll likely be taking the role that Iron Man currently has as sorta the face of the MCU.

Nice free marketing for the studios either way.

I never really got into the Avengers until Spidey or Wolverine showed up either. Now I'm a fan with or without them.

Agreed.

Also, If Spidey is indeed introduced into the Avengers in a future film, he'll likely be taking the role that Iron Man currently has as sorta the face of the MCU.

Spidey will be the face of the MCU as he is for Marvel, but when it comes to the Avengers in particular, IM, Cap and Thor hold that distinction. Cap being the soul of the group IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"