The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

peter parker was on holiday during the alien attack, aint it obvious ;)

But no seriously the marvel films already take abit of time to work out the order of the timeline

I think at most, if Spider-Man did appear in the Avengers, it would just be Spider-Man... maybe loosely based off of Andrew Garfield's version of the character.

The storyline in TASM wouldn't have to connect to the MCU (and I don't think it should), its just the idea of having Spider-Man actually appear in one of the MCU movies. Doesn't matter if what happens in TASM trilogy would make sense with what happened in the Avengers, because it is still a different universe.

I like to imagine that somewhere in the MCU, there is a Spider-Man swinging around NYC, a ton of mutants in the mansion, Galactus looking for a planet to eat, and a Baxter building hiding in the NYC skyline. They are just never mentioned.

I think that if Spider-Man appeared in the Avengers or any MCU film, it would have to be the Spider-Man from their universe. Though, I'd really love to have Andrew in there...

Last edited:
Eh, no. It's going to get confusing then. It'd be like that rumour about the Superman appearing in the JLA movie not being Man of Steel's.

I think anybody will be willing to look over minor continuity errors as long as we see Webb's Spidey in the MCU, which I think signs are pointing towards.

Hell, there've been much larger continuity errors...

Like Xavier being able to walk in Origins: Wolverine, when he got paralysed as a young man in First Class.

I think at most, if Spider-Man did appear in the Avengers, it would just be Spider-Man... maybe loosely based off of Andrew Garfield's version of the character.

The storyline in TASM wouldn't have to connect to the MCU (and I don't think it should), its just the idea of having Spider-Man actually appear in one of the MCU movies. Doesn't matter if what happens in TASM trilogy would make sense with what happened in the Avengers, because it is still a different universe.

I like to imagine that somewhere in the MCU, there is a Spider-Man swinging around NYC, a ton of mutants in the mansion, Galactus looking for a planet to eat, and a Baxter building hiding in the NYC skyline. They are just never mentioned.

I think that if Spider-Man appeared in the Avengers or any MCU film, it would have to be the Spider-Man from their universe. Though, I'd really love to have Andrew in there...

i think if sony did agree to connecting spiderman with the avengers they would rather they kept in continuity with andrew garfields spider-man otherwise what would be the point? if sony allowed it and andrew garfield turned up in the avengers it could give a boost to the amazing spider-man films in the eyes of sony

but then what would they do have garfield voice spideman only? have someone else voice spiderman? it would kinda miss the point of connecting the films... but then how much screen time would andrew garfield get? would it matter if iron man, captain america ect ect see peters face in the suit?

Last edited:
Not necessarily. Depends on how big Spider-Man's role is in the MCU.

I don't think Marvel and Sony would do that if they put Spidey in the MCU. That would be the same problem that some people thought JL would have, which was using a different version of Superman and not the MoS one. It would be confusing and unnecessary, especially when Sony's Spider-Man looking and sounding like himself would only maximize their profits. There's really no reason why they should use different versions.

to be fair its not only spiderman in the avengers if sony asked to have iron man make a cameo in a spiderman film wouldn't it go incredibly well with fans and audiences?

I think if you build up the trilogy with Oscorp, the SHIELD, Sinister Six, the MCU can feature some characters under its stable in Sony movies. Then ASM4 would be an MCU movie where Spidey recruits the help of some Avengers, like Captain America or Nick Fury. I think Nick Fury and Black Widow or Hawkeye could really help Spidey's box office. Maybe not as much to offset the cost though. I don't think Hulk and Iron Man work in a Spidey universe. It works the other way around however and that doesn't help Sony.

I still think Sony would want Nick Fury at some point. Marvel could perhaps exercise that option on a Sony movie if need be. I think ASM 4 can be a full blown Sinister Six movie that incorporates the MCU and certain characters loosely associated with Spidey. Sony may agree to have Spidey permanently in the MCU to captilize on future cross overs.

I think Spider-Man would work best with Daredevil.

I think DD could use exposure in a Spidey movie before rebooting him again. Think Harvey Dent in TDK. Kingpin is under Marvel or Sony? I think Sony has him, so lending DD would seem appropriate. Punisher is another guy that doesn't really need a movie. This opens it up for a Marvel Knights movie down the line, that either Sony or Marvel can produce. I don't think Marvel is going to permanently lend out any more characters. It will be done case by case basis as needed. Whatever combo deemed most profitable and cheapest to produce.

Still, it will be silly if he just shows no signs of remembering the huge alien attack that just had happened... retconing that later would also be silly, just like "Oh yeah, that DID happen between the Lizard and Electro insidents, good times..."

Where was Spider-Man during this attack? Helping civillians & fight the aliens? If he was, he certainly was affected directly as well. And he didn't fight, why didn't he? There are certain things you can't just ignore because you assume that they were there. Even in MCU where the status quo is always restored easily, the battle of New York is treated like a really big event. New York and Peter wouldn't be the same. Not to mention that Peter now knows that aliens exist, this alone would affect the way Peter thinks and assesses things

I'm not saying that Peter should say it straight out loud like "There was an alien attack a year ago...", but acting completely like an alien attack didn't happen is silly. If we already knew for sure that Spider-Man was in the MCU it wouldn't be that bad, but we wont even know if the alien attack happened in this universe. The problem is that as long as this is just a Spidey universe it pretends like nothing happened, but when the big reveal comes it will be like "Oh, so it DID happen in this universe...", and that's why it's incredibly silly. I literally can't believe no one is on my side with this yet

people think this way too simple mindedly

ok, if he wasn't bitten yet, that of course means that TASM is after The Avengers, just to be clear on my next point:

Peter sees a giant humanoid walking lizard on the bridge. Not one second does he consider that it's an alien even though he would obviously know that aliens aren't fiction

Like I said before, you can try all day and connect the details, but in the end it wont make sense and will have to be taken with a grain of salt

This is just something that you're going to have to accept. The Marvel and DC universes have always been like this since they were created and they're going to continue being this way for many years to come. Questions like "Where was this character during this event?" and "Why doesn't this book talk about that event that happened in that other book?" are all age-old questions people have been asking for over 50 years already. This is nothing new.

I don't really see it as thinking simple minded. In my opinion, doing a shared universe this way would be the perfect balance between having a universe shared by multiple characters but still having a universe diverse enough for every character's franchise to be its own unique thing. I think people have a very black-and-white mindset when it comes to the MCU. Either we make everything connect and full of references to the point where all the movies become the exact same thing (Avengers promos) or we keep them completely separate and anything else will just make the MCU not make any sense at all.

I find that highly unlikely. It would be better for both Marvel and Sony from a financial point of view if Sony's version of Spider-Man appears on screen next to the Avengers. Not that a new version of Spider-Man wouldn't make more money but a well known, well liked, and already established version would bring in a bit more money for the Avengers movie and Sony would benefit from that money too because it's their version as opposed to Marvel's.

That and the fact that TASM would fit in the MCU perfectly in terms of tone and feel makes it completely illogical for them to have a new Spider-Man as opposed to using the current one.

You also risk confusing the audience big time by doing that and that might put off a lot of people.

I think Spider-Man would work best with Daredevil.

Agreed :up:. Him and the Fantastic Four are the closest friends Spider-Man has in the Marvel universe.

The only characters that live in New York City are Spider-Man, Daredevil, and the Fantastic Four, which are always going into space and dealing with issues on a cosmic scale. Daredevil tends to stick around Hell's kitchen as well.

X-Men are upstate New York, and usually deal with mutant related issues. Other characters are also in other parts of the country, on other planets, dimensions, universes, etc.

So I think it makes sense that they can't always be around every time something happens. I think the shared universe works a lot better for Marvel than it does DC, where a character like Superman exists.

If you ask "where was Spider-Man during the Avengers?," then he was either not bitten yet, or he wasn't ready for such a huge battle yet.

A month was not mentioned in The Avengers, was it?

I'd go with the fact that he wasn't bitten yet.

Eh, no. It's going to get confusing then. It'd be like that rumour about the Superman appearing in the JLA movie not being Man of Steel's.

Exactly. There is no reason for it. If you're going to have Spidey in the MCU then he needs to be Garfield or else it'd make no sense and it'd be confusing. And the whole JLA is a great example.
DC is stupid for having a different Superman and Batman. It's kinda like what's the point of having the Nolan films and Man of Steel? I know they wouldn't, but they just wasted money on four movies the could've expanded like The Avengers and possibly TASM.

Peter sees a giant humanoid walking lizard on the bridge. Not one second does he consider that it's an alien even though he would obviously know that aliens aren't fiction

I would like to add one more point to my previous response since a friend of mine just pointed this out after reading this (so I take no credit for this post lol).

When did he ever assume it wasn't an alien? He only knew it was a giant lizard creature and that people were in trouble. That is it. So he helped. And when he went to Doc Connors for advice, he figured it out.

You overanalyze things too much IMO.

people think this way too simple mindedly

ok, if he wasn't bitten yet, that of course means that TASM is after The Avengers, just to be clear on my next point:

Like I said before, you can try all day and connect the details, but in the end it wont make sense and will have to be taken with a grain of salt

He doesnt need to scearm 'ITS AND ALIEN'

He is surprised and he doesnt place it anywhere

And the continuity in MCU isnt that perfect either

Tony Stark is 30 years old in Iron Man(2008) (Iron Monger says during the fight 'For 30 years I've been holding you up')
Meaning Tony was born somewhere around 1978
Howard Start must be atleast 30 in CapAm:TFA,thats around 1940,He holds a strong position in the army and had his own fortune already

Meaning Tony Stark was born when Howard was almost 70 years old?? Very odd,especially when we see a vid of a 5-8 year old Tony with 50-55 year old Howard in IM2

Holding him up for 30 years doesn't necessarily mean he was holding him up from birth, just holding him up since he became old enough to go off to college and such. Tony Stark is obviously older than 30 in the film...maybe early-mid 40s, same as RDJ in real life. Of course, I'm sure there's some line in the films that proves this wrong.

And the continuity in MCU isnt that perfect either

Tony Stark is 30 years old in Iron Man(2008) (Iron Monger says during the fight 'For 30 years I've been holding you up')
Meaning Tony was born somewhere around 1978
Howard Start must be atleast 30 in CapAm:TFA,thats around 1940,He holds a strong position in the army and had his own fortune already

Meaning Tony Stark was born when Howard was almost 70 years old?? Very odd,especially when we see a vid of a 5-8 year old Tony with 50-55 year old Howard in IM2

Old Stark is one of the richest men in the world so could have had Tony very very late (I.e. could still have shacked up with hot women in his 60's) also in the Cap movie he could have been in his early 20's but the moustache made him look a lot older. I don't have a problem with this continuity.

Anyway back to Spidey in Avengers 2;

A) A name drop.
'What about that masked menace the Bugle are alwasy going on about'

B) An Easter egg.
A front page clipping of Spidey on a table.

C) A full on cameo.
Peter Parker taking photos in the background of an action scene or
Spidey seen in the background fighting Thanos' henchmen.

D) An full on active roll
Spidey actually joins the Avengers as an active member and gets the same about of screen time as the other Avengers.

E) The star of the show :woot:
The story centres on Spidey and the movie is seen through his eyes as we follow the story from his point of view.

Obviously 'E' would be awesome :-)cwink:) but I'd take any of the others even 'A'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"