The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

I think the obvious answer to where Spidey was during The Avengers is simple.

The movie is called The Avengers and is about the Avengers. Having another character randomly show up at the end who wasn't there throughout the rest of the film would be odd.

He was probably doing other stuff around the city off screen

Last edited:
Yeah I think a news reel about the alien invasion or a mention of something, anything, in the MCU for like 5-10 seconds would be enough. Just to keep future options opened. Spidey is a local hero. He is not a prominent figure like Banner or Stark or Cap or Thor. There seems to be a freak job that randomly shows up in Marvel movies on a daily basis, be it Abomination, or Thor's warrior three, or a talking Lizard. I don't think Spidey showing up in the MCU will come off as random and excessive. We just need a news reel without the companies suing each other up the butt. Wouldn't be surprised if we get that as early as ASM 2 or IM3.

Yeah I think a news reel about the alien invasion or a mention of something, anything, in the MCU for like 5-10 seconds would be enough. Just to keep future options opened. Spidey is a local hero. He is not a prominent figure like Banner or Stark or Cap or Thor. There seems to be a freak job that randomly shows up in Marvel movies on a daily basis, be it Abomination, or Thor's warrior three, or a talking Lizard. I don't think Spidey showing up in the MCU will come off as random and excessive. We just need a news reel without the companies suing each other up the butt. Wouldn't be surprised if we get that as early as ASM 2 or IM3.

The Marvel Universe New York must be a fun place to live.
One week the Hulk and Abomination are ripping up downtown, a couple of years later there is an alien invasion and just as you clear away the rubble a giant lizard wreaks havok in midtown.

'That's it Honey, we're moving' :funny:

Hey guys...

omg, incredible news!!!

Laufey shows up in TAS-M 2!

So I asked a representative from ILM on Youtube a couple days ago, if the rumor about how Sony and Disney made a deal to have Oscorp Tower added into the NYC skyline they built for The Avengers was true.

The person said that was the first they heard of it.

So I asked a representative from ILM on Youtube a couple days ago, if the rumor about how Sony and Disney made a deal to have Oscorp Tower added into the NYC skyline they built for The Avengers was true.

The person said that was the first they heard of it.

We've also gotten confirmation from 2 people that worked in the films.

As for ILM, keep 3 things in mind:

1) The deal to have the Oscorp Tower in Avengers fell due to deadlines. Probably wasn't even written up.

2) Although now owned by Disney, they are a sub division that's still focused on doing effects. They just have a different boss now (and the same thing can be said about Marvel Studios). They wouldn't know what's going on with the Marvel movies any more than Kevin Feige would know Disney's future plans on the Star Wars movies (unless Feige asks or Disney wants him involved to an extent).

3) ILM being owned by Disney is a very recent thing. The Oscorp Tower deal was made long before Disney bought ILM and it has nothing to do with LucasArts either. ILM would have no reason to know about it.

Not keen on this idea, but I wouldn't mind it if something showed up in a fourth movie, if it's from the same series. But as for the first three films, I don't want to see anything of the Avengers in it.

I honestly don't understand this mindset that every single Marvel comic property and movie should be tied into or be controlled by what Marvel Studios itself is doing.

It does seem as if studios want to try and emulate what Marvel Studios itself is doing primarily because that type of approach has proven successful, but that doesn't mean that it should now be mandatory that every Marvel filmic property tie into a single unified whole.

The Oscorp Tower thing - if it hadn't fallen through - would have been an Easter Egg and nothing more.

I honestly don't understand this mindset that every single Marvel comic property and movie should be tied into or be controlled by what Marvel Studios itself is doing.

It does seem as if studios want to try and emulate what Marvel Studios itself is doing primarily because that type of approach has proven successful, but that doesn't mean that it should now be mandatory that every Marvel filmic property tie into a single unified whole.

The Oscorp Tower thing - if it hadn't fallen through - would have been an Easter Egg and nothing more.

It wouldn't have been just an easter egg. It would have been PROOF that everything that happened in avengers happened in Spidey's world.

Last edited:
Yes, but that's it.

And there in lies the problem.

If Spidey were brought into the MCU, he would remain separate from the other properties for the VERY long term.

All references would be easter eggs and nothing more.

So one must ask...... if thats the case, is it worth doing?

Yes, but that's it.

And there in lies the problem.

If Spidey were brought into the MCU, he would remain separate from the other properties for the VERY long term.

All references would be easter eggs and nothing more.

So one must ask...... if thats the case, is it worth doing?

Yep. As I said before, you don't necessarily need Spider-Man or his related characters showing up in The Avengers or vice versa. However, the MCU feels really empty without Spidey being there. It would be like a DC Universe without Batman or Superman.

Yep. As I said before, you don't necessarily need Spider-Man or his related characters showing up in The Avengers or vice versa. However, the MCU feels really empty without Spidey being there. It would be like a DC Universe without Batman or Superman.

thank you.

I was beginning to worry that there's too few supporters on this board for spiderman being in MCU.

as far as i am concerned, the most important thing about the upcoming asm2 is to see an mcu easter egg or cameo. if there isn't the film automatically loses some points.

however (and I mentioned this in the age of ultron forum as well), did everyone seem to forget about that guy wearing an empire state university shirt in item 47? does that mean nothing to y'all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"