The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man - Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Easter Eggs are as about as far as I see it going. Potential cameos or supporting roles of secondary characters is also a possibility. Say you can't do one story, or one comedic moment, without (Blank) character from the Marvel Universe, then I can see small side deals worked out on a case by case basis. You can also use moments like that to market a movie, assuming it's more than a cameo appearance.

Easter Eggs are as about as far as I see it going. Potential cameos or supporting roles of secondary characters is also a possibility. Say you can't do one story, or one comedic moment, without (Blank) character from the Marvel Universe, then I can see small side deals worked out on a case by case basis. You can also use moments like that to market a movie, assuming it's more than a cameo appearance.

seems pointless for marvel to throw in easter eggs that its connected to spiderman when the avengers already made the big bucks without him and a sequel would probably do incredibly well also

it would be more beneficial to marvel at least if they used him in the avengers rather then just hint its in the same universe

i don't buy it

Last edited:
You're giving an easter egg way too much importance. It's an easter egg, not a press release.

You're giving an easter egg way too much importance. It's an easter egg, not a press release.

I think you are missing some of my points. I don't see easter eggs connecting the Spider-Man movies to The Avengers movies to be impactful, but they shouldn't be overlooked. Honestly, I love the idea that we could see little connective tissues between the films even without Spidey and The Avengers crossing paths.

I think you are missing some of my points. I don't see easter eggs connecting the Spider-Man movies to The Avengers movies to be impactful, but they shouldn't be overlooked. Honestly, I love the idea that we could see little connective tissues between the films even without Spidey and The Avengers crossing paths.

That wasn't directed at your posts. Having sly little nods and easter eggs here and there would be fun, but some people seem determined to read too much importance into some of them.

Last edited:
That wasn't directed at your posts. Having sly little nods and easter eggs hear and there would be fun, but some people seem determined to read too much importance into some of them.

Okay then. I agree with that, people are too adamant about figuring out ways that The Amazing Spider-Man could fit into the MCU timeline, when in actually if it ever is established, they would just make it fit. It's not complicated, but even I don't think TASM will ever be officially considered part of the MCU... all easter eggs would do is establish a connection and open up the possibility, I think Disney/Marvel and Sony would leave it up to the fans to decide if it takes place in the MCU.

My life would be complete if they integrated the two cinematic universes.
I don't need a full-fledged crossover, just a wink and a nod here and there.

While I agree its nothing to be too excited about,but its nothing to be brushed off either

Some people are saying the the Daily Bugle logo appeared in TIH game,but isnt the Daily Bugle logo universal and it has appeared in the multiple comics and not just the movies?And if it Raimi movies specific,the Marvel universe was too small that time

On the other hand the OSCORP logo was made specifically by the Sony team and I am sure they own the rights to it.The fact that it appears in an IM game means that Sony must have given their permission to Marvel.This means that they are open to the idea of a combined universe and Spider-man in an Avengers movie is certainly a possibility

While I agree its nothing to be too excited about,but its nothing to be brushed off either

Some people are saying the the Daily Bugle logo appeared in TIH game,but isnt the Daily Bugle logo universal and it has appeared in the multiple comics and not just the movies?And if it Raimi movies specific,the Marvel universe was too small that time

On the other hand the OSCORP logo was made specifically by the Sony team and I am sure they own the rights to it.The fact that it appears in an IM game means that Sony must have given their permission to Marvel.This means that they are open to the idea of a combined universe and Spider-man in an Avengers movie is certainly a possibility

It does? :huh:

why wouldn't it?

if Sony is only thinking about money (like from time to time they seem to be), having Spidey in Avengers would be ideal to them

why wouldn't it?

Perhaps I'm wrong and Marvel and Sony really did just take to putting an easter egg in a mobile game as an advertisement of their future plans for their respective movies.

[BLACKOUT]But I wouldn't bet on it. lol :oldrazz:[/BLACKOUT]

Last edited:
seems pointless for marvel to use the oscorp logo for nothing, let alone get it from sony to do so, while it could give sonys spiderman a slight boost if people did think it is part of the same universe... is a small possibility

but it doesn't seem like marvel have got anything out of it if its just an easter egg, doesn't seem like a very important little add on for nothing

it does seem like its something to get people talking

Last edited:
seems pointless for marvel to use the oscorp logo for nothing, let alone get it from sony to do so, while it could give sonys spiderman a slight boost if people did think it is part of the same universe... is a small possibility

but it doesn't seem like marvel have got anything out of it if its just an easter egg, doesn't seem like a very important little add on for nothing

it does seem like its something to get people talking

Why wouldn't Disney/Marvel take advantage of throwing in Spider-Man easter eggs? Disney owns the merchandising rights to the Spider-Man franchise, which gives them some control over the films. They might as well put little things into the MCU films to make that purchase worth it... and it helps Sony out. Hell, it is very possible Spider-Man could wind up being in an Avengers movie. If Sony gave Disney/Marvel permission to do so they could.

Tying in the Amazing Spider-Man to the MCU wouldn't be beneficial in the long run. The MCU has been set up to last beyond the typical rebooting of a series and including a character that could be rebooted again and again would just cause confusion for people.

I'm all for waiting for the Spider-Man rights to revert back, if that's twenty years so be it.

it is very possible Spider-Man could wind up being in an Avengers movie. If Sony gave Disney/Marvel permission to do so they could.

overall there is nothing stopping sony and marvel combining spidey with the avengers, why do easter eggs over a fully proper crossover is quite confusing

i think some just don't want it to happen so bad but i can't see why sony and marvel would hold back if doing so

Last edited:
Tying in the Amazing Spider-Man to the MCU wouldn't be beneficial in the long run. The MCU has been set up to last beyond the typical rebooting of a series and including a character that could be rebooted again and again would just cause confusion for people.

I'm all for waiting for the Spider-Man rights to revert back, if that's twenty years so be it.

That's what they're doing with Spider-Man as well. Assuming that the franchise is good and keeps making money, they won't be rebooting anytime soon. We will probably get a loose continuity with Spidey from now on.

And we know Webb seems to be mapping out a big Spider-Man universe. It would be terrible for all that mapping out to go to waste, if they just reboot the universe again after the 3rd or 4th Movie.

Why wouldn't Disney/Marvel take advantage of throwing in Spider-Man easter eggs? Disney owns the merchandising rights to the Spider-Man franchise, which gives them some control over the films. They might as well put little things into the MCU films to make that purchase worth it... and it helps Sony out. Hell, it is very possible Spider-Man could wind up being in an Avengers movie. If Sony gave Disney/Marvel permission to do so they could.
They actually have no control over the films. When Disney purchased Sony's rights to the merchandising, Sony also purchased Disney's rights to the movies. I'm assuming what Disney can do is use certain things from the Sony franchise in their own movies, but that's it.

Sony has had the movie rights since the late 1990's.

Sony has had the movie rights since the late 1990's.
You're not understanding what I'm talking about. Marvel and Sony have had a 50-50 joint venture in Spider-Man merchandising since Sony purchased the rights back in 1999. What Disney did was simplify the relationship by purchasing the full merchandising rights for the character from Sony in exchange for their participation in the films...in other words Disney has absolutely no say in what goes on in Spider-Man films, unlike what some people think is going on right now. The most they can do is probably use certain things from the Sony films in their own due to the purchase of the merchandising rights which probably simplified what exactly Disney is allowed to use in their films...there's likely nothing else besides that.

Last edited:

Do people really think that Spider-Man is going to reboot again in 2 films?

sony are mapping out this big spider-man universe because they want to keep the franchise. they aren't doing it to help out disney.

this recent reboot was their last shot. think how cynical the public would be if another spider-man continuity from sony came out in 5 to 10 years. people thought the amazing spider-man was too soon, and i guess in a way it was.. but that is forgivable seeing as sony would have lost the right if they had held off any longer.

so, sony knows this is their last shot. tasm made less than the raimi films, they know this, yet it turned a decent profit. another reboot in 5-10 years would likely make a few hundred million less than tasm1 did, and it wouldn't be worth it for them. so sony have no choice but to try and sustain this current continuity for as long as possible. how better to do this than to map out a universe and sequels and spin offs well in advance? not saying it will pay off, but they have nothing to lose at this point.

sony have looked to the success of the marvel universe, just like fox and wb have, and are universe building as a result.

the only problem is whereas fox and wb have the rights to a vast variety of characters that can have standalone films and team up films (fantastic four, x-men, batman, superman, justice league) sony has spider-man. that's. about. it. so they are left with having to expand spider-man's world.

how is this going to look? i'm not sure. but i could see an inverse avengers type movie via the sinister 6, and the venom spin off continues to be talked about. besides that, i think sony will just try and make spider-man's movies tie into the next much more than raimi's did. that way, it doesnt feel like just another spider-man movie, but a continuation of a certain story. this prevents people from getting as fatigued by the notion of an amazing spider-man 4,5,6.

what's interesting is, if the rights go back to marvel, how will they get around this public fatigue? well, unlike sony, they could wait as long as they need to reintroduce him to the silver screen. by then, enough time will have passed for people to not be cynical, and personally i am pretty excited to see marvel's take on spidey.

Do people really think that Spider-Man is going to reboot again in 2 films?

Yes, mainly because they don't know how Hollywood works. They assume that it will reboot again after TASM 3 because Sony has announced a trilogy, even though every studio does just that after they had the first successful movie in a franchise. You don't automatically green-light 6 or 7 movies if the first movie is successful. Every studio has green-lit them one step at a time, usually by 3's. We are now at the second stage, which is the green-lighting of 3 movies because the first one was successful.

Every single superhero franchise has done this. That's just how studios work when it comes to them. Even Nolan's Batman franchise was not set in stone to be a trilogy from day 1. It wasn't officially considered on paper by WB to be just a trilogy until Nolan started working on TDKR and said it would be his last Batman movie and that he wanted a closed ending.

Yet for some reason, everyone assumes this will be just a trilogy and that it was planned to be nothing but that since day 1. But then again, I've heard more nitpicks and ridiculous complaints about this movie than I did with any other comic book movie.

Now that I think about it, since there are people saying they shouldn't kill Gwen because "it would be a bad ending to this finite trilogy", I have the feeling there will be lots of people complaining when TASM 3 comes out that they didn't "wrap up this conclusion to the trilogy properly" even though TASM 3 will not be meant to have a closed ending.

I personally think that this series will get 4 films minimum and if it's supposed to be a Spidey "universe" I could see 8-10 films (or even more).

Cover the Sinister Six, cover a Venom side film, possibly even a Black Cat side film (or have Harry become a hero in the New Goblin). Have a Spider-Man franchise that covers Spidey's career, and end with him either dying or hanging up the suit and retiring after making precautions to keep the city safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"