The Amazing Spider-Man Would Spider-Man really be better off at Marvel/Disney?

I'm pretty sure he said Mother Hubbard. Common slang in Britain.

I didn't mind it. There are bigger fish to fry in terms of cringe worthy scenes.

*cough* bending a football goal post *cough*

Yeah, its Mother Hubbard. Watched it again quickly to check it out.

I didn't mind it. There are bigger fish to fry in terms of cringe worthy scenes.

*cough* bending a football goal post *cough*

yeah, that was cool when i first saw it. but later after thinking about it, i realized that was a true wtf/facepalm moment

Like I said earlier, it was so quick that it didn't really bother me that much. It was just unnecessary.

Looking at the way Marvel has treated him in the past few years, I don't trust them with Spidey at all at the moment.

Other than Iron Man and The Avengers, I didn't really care for any other of their movies. IM3, CA:TFA, and Thor were meh IMO.

I actually liked/loved every single MCU movie.

Spiderman unfortunately hasn't been given a great treatment yet in film. Between the disjointed awkward mess that was the 2012 movie, and the bland milquetoast Tobey Maguire fests .

Spiderman unfortunately hasn't been given a great treatment yet in film. Between the disjointed awkward mess that was the 2012 movie, and the bland milquetoast Tobey Maguire fests .

Agreed. Despite TASM being my favorite Spider-Man film to date, I am still waiting for the film that I can consider to be THE Spider-Man film.

On the one hand, Sony cannot love the character and want to do justice as much as Marvel would, and I am sure Marvel Studios Spider-Man would be wondrous to behold, but there is a HUGE downside that is called the MCU. Spidey would without a doubt be put into the extended universe, and it would ruin him in my eyes. Spider-Man works best alone, and is most inspiring as the only beacon of hope in a rotten world. Marvel Studios would ruin this.

pre-MCU, the core conceit in virtually all these films were that the protagonist(s) were presumed to be the only superhero phenomenon on the planet. Thankfully, this changed. Whether things end up as a co-financing/distribution deal or an outright purchase, Spider-Man as a film franchise will "eventually" come up under the Disney umbrella. Not this year, not at least for several, but eventually.

Spider-Man 2 is THE Spider-Man movie IMO

I disagree. On top of the fact that the main characters act nothing like the characters (minus JJ), it is nowhere as deep as a Spider-Man film can really be. I would put SM2 on par with TASM as a film, which would be a 4/5.

On the one hand, Sony cannot love the character and want to do justice as much as Marvel would, and I am sure Marvel Studios Spider-Man would be wondrous to behold, but there is a HUGE downside that is called the MCU. Spidey would without a doubt be put into the extended universe, and it would ruin him in my eyes. Spider-Man works best alone, and is most inspiring as the only beacon of hope in a rotten world. Marvel Studios would ruin this.

Seeing at the amount of disrespect Marvel has been giving Spidey in the past few years, I doubt that and that is what would worry me the most about the rights going back. I do not trust Marvel with Spider-Man at the moment.

Also, I fail to see how Sony doesn't care about the character. Sure that Sony is by no means a studio full of angels that never did anything wrong with Spidey but at the same time, I don't think they are the evil studio demon everyone labels them as. Sony is a far step up from someone like Fox. There is a reason why Sony and Marvel have a good relationship while Fox and Marvel don't.

I would also like to point out that the studio who doesn't care at all about the character gave us this....
4be810bc8314e.jpg

....and when the rights went back, Marvel cancelled it in favor of this....
ultimatespiderman.jpg

Thus I do not see how it is completely not possible for Sony to ever do as much justice to Spider-Man as Marvel would.

Oh I don't think they are evil. In fact, I think they do the character some justice, and as my post suggests, more so than Marvel would. But it is still my opinion, that the only place Spider-Man gets the respect he deserves is in the loving care of Stan Lee, and that is the god honest truth.

^
Roger Stern gave him great stories, as did DeMatteis and JMS. :up:

As stated, Marvel's recent history with the character is bad. I'd call it character assasination. I know Feige and company don't run the comics division, but still...

I can imagine what a Spider-Man movie would be like if it were made by Fox. *shudders*

On the other hand I feel like if Spidey was brought back to the MCU, they would either kill off Peter and give us Miles Morales, or keep Peter and make him look stupid and have Spider-Man be overshadowed by the Avengers all the time.

At most, I think Spider-Man should have a small role in an avengers movie where he rejects them like he did in TASM annual #3...

So far the only Spider-Man film considered bad or at most "ok" is SM3.
After TASM I have faith that sony can still do good/great SM films.
Anyone who thinks that Marvel can do a better job please read Issue #700 or read Ultimate Spider-Man. They have killed him off in both universes.
I do hope that Sony and Disney agree for more Easter Eggs and possibly even a role in the likes of a civil war movie.

Without Spider-Man, a civil war movie shouldn't be made.

(y) Not sure about Spider-Man joining the Avengers as it would be awkward for his secret identity but a Civil War movie with Spider-Man would be brilliant...

Oh I don't think they are evil. In fact, I think they do the character some justice, and as my post suggests, more so than Marvel would. But it is still my opinion, that the only place Spider-Man gets the respect he deserves is in the loving care of Stan Lee, and that is the god honest truth.

I also really liked the first 100# issues of Ultimate Spider-Man by Brian Micheal Benis (is that how you spell his name?) It would be awesome if he wrote one of the TASM movies seeing as they are based more on ultimate anyway.

I couldn't agree more. The problem is that current Marvel isn't in the love care of Stan Lee. Current Marvel is in the hands of people that can be considered the epitome of "**** you, fans" in comics and have both directly and indirectly insulted Stan's work many times. Wacker went as far as to say that his strategy is to alienate the current Spider-Man fans until the new generations come and eat up whatever Marvel gives them (his own words and I think this plan will fall through very soon).

There may be a time when Spider-Man's film rights are in the best hands with Marvel but sadly, that time is not now. Seeing as how much Marvel has butchered his character in every single medium they got their hands on, they should not be trusted with Spidey right now Quesada or not IMO.

A civil war movie shouldn't be made period. It was a poor attempt at bringing in politics into comics, completely demonized the entire right wing side (this is coming from someone who considers himself more left-wing), and has butchered so many Marvel characters. A lot of those characters haven't recovered even today from the damage done. Spider-Man is one of them. Civil War is what triggered One More Day and the rest of the hell that Spidey is experiencing right now.

Unless Marvel plans to ruin their MCU, Civil War should never be done IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"