The Amazing Spider-Man A Spider-Man film without Peter Parker?

That's unfortunately true. Maybe in 50 years it can happen.

So what you can't imagine a new Spider-Man swinging around like this for example? (Minus the Eiffel Tower)

Future_City_Concept_by_frenic.jpg

Or this

Inner_city_by_aksu.jpg

He is just too badass to not love.

shattered_dimensions_sman.jpg

Last edited:
Like I said, it would be visually amazing. But does Spidey 2099 have a strong rogues gallery? Or a particularly interesting (or relatable) secret identity? No offense to Miguel, but not really.

Oh and Jaden Smith would own Miles Morales

tumblr_m7ohrip2n01qb57azo1_500.jpg

I'd prefer a Miles Morales movie over a 2099.

He's more interesting.

I'd like to say that if the story was compelling, Spider-Man could be a hamster for all I care, but after seeing the contrived suckfest that was The Bourne Legacy...I'm not so sure. :o

On a more serious note though, a comic hero like Spidey had a very specific origin, and if you replaced Peter with another Spider-Man, it would necessitate finding a plausible reason for how the heck this person ended up with the same exact powers, let alone the same motivations and convictions. Nothing against Miles Morales, but the way it was done in the Ultimate line was far from graceful. More importantly, I just think it undermines the integrity of the character. IMO, Peter Parker is Spider-Man, he isn't just a guy masquerading as Spider-Man. It can work for the legacy type of hero who gets their responsibilities passed down or bestowed upon them, i.e. Green Lantern, Witchblade, Spawn, Iron Fist, etc., but characters like Spider-Man are too closely tied to their alter egos to hand it off to someone else. If it absolutely had to be done, I'd prefer a Ben Reilly or Kaine, and in a completely different city with his own rogues gallery, personality, and lifestyle.

TL;DR Clever writing and a good story trounce all, but personally, I just prefer Parker as Spider-Man with all of his familiar quirks and characteristics.

Could it work? Sure, anything can.
Would I like it? Probably not.
Will it happen? Nope.

A film using Miles Morales wouldn't bother me that much. Also Spider-man 2099 might be fun . I don't want to see Spider-girl though.

I'd like to see 2099 Vulture and/or Hobgoblin.

Other than that i dont really care.

I guess another option is an entirely new story.

I suppose Superior Spider-Man is supposed to be bringing a new Spidey anyway.

But something movie specific? It could be cheesy as in all honesty, but you could change the origin entirely, put your own stamp on things. Then again you're getting away from what makes Spidey, Spidey!

I wrote a really lame British version of Spider-Man once, set in the same universe, some guy was inspired by Parker and started training etc. Gets picked up by shady experimenters who turn him into Spider-Man. It was a bit crap so I didn't carry on with it.

London had some fairly good bits for battles, I came up with my own rogues! That was something!

Like I said, it would be visually amazing. But does Spidey 2099 have a strong rogues gallery? Or a particularly interesting (or relatable) secret identity? No offense to Miguel, but not really.
Miguel is interesting, very very interesting, and is solid movie material, some can find him easily more interesting than Peter Parker
I admit I like his brother from his mother (Gabriel) a more likable character [blackout]Before Kavanagh made a mess of him in the last 2 issues of the series[/blackout]

So what you can't imagine a new Spider-Man swinging around like this for example? (Minus the Eiffel Tower)
Future_City_Concept_by_frenic.jpg

Or this

Inner_city_by_aksu.jpg

He is just too badass to not love.

shattered_dimensions_sman.jpg
Art style for that universe is gorgeous

Do you think Marvel/Disney would ever expand the MCU with the 2099 Universe, Ultimate, or something of that sort?

BTW, who has the rights to "Miles Morales?" Couldn't Marvel make a movie with his character without necessarily calling him "Spider-Man"? Stupid question, but I feel like asking. lol

Do you think Marvel/Disney would ever expand the MCU with the 2099 Universe, Ultimate, or something of that sort?

BTW, who has the rights to "Miles Morales?" Couldn't Marvel make a movie with his character without necessarily calling him "Spider-Man"? Stupid question, but I feel like asking. lol

Well Green Arrow adaptation airing at the minute, up until episode 9 the name 'Green Arrow' hadn't even come up. Just 'The Hood', 'Hood guy' came up.

Batman films went with Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises as a title, so you don't have to call it Spider-Man specifically either.

What could you call him?

So it could work.

Movies rights belong to Sony, games to Activision, TV and comics to Disney

Why doesn't Marvel make an animated TV film for Spider-Man?

You could ask that question about any superhero, though.

But we have animated films for Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Wolverine, and even Dr. Strange. Spider-Man is more popular than all of them, and is the flagship character of Marvel comics. So why hasn't there been an animated film for him?

Oh, I thought you're speaking on Marvel Animation and not through Lionsgate(which first will be Iron Man & Hulk: Heroes United).

If there was a straight to DVD film, would Marvel be able to make it? Or would it have to be Sony?

I'd rather have them make a few straight to DVD movies than that terrible Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"