The Amazing Spider-Man Would Spider-Man really be better off at Marvel/Disney?

Oh I don't think they are evil. In fact, I think they do the character some justice, and as my post suggests, more so than Marvel would. But it is still my opinion, that the only place Spider-Man gets the respect he deserves is in the loving care of Stan Lee, and that is the god honest truth.

I couldn't agree more. The problem is that current Marvel isn't in the love care of Stan Lee. Current Marvel is in the hands of people that can be considered the epitome of "**** you, fans" in comics and have both directly and indirectly insulted Stan's work many times. Wacker went as far as to say that his strategy is to alienate the current Spider-Man fans until the new generations come and eat up whatever Marvel gives them (his own words and I think this plan will fall through very soon).

There may be a time when Spider-Man's film rights are in the best hands with Marvel but sadly, that time is not now. Seeing as how much Marvel has butchered his character in every single medium they got their hands on, they should not be trusted with Spidey right now Quesada or not IMO.

The definitive SM film will be TASM3- Death Of Gwen Stacy

Im sure Marvel would do a good job of it, worth a shot at least.

I don't think he NEEDS to be owned by disney. If he's at sony and they agreed to cross him over, it makes for an even bigger level of cinematic comic book storytelling, since it's going on between two different studios.

i don't care if he's at sony. i just want his presence in mcu to be established.

I want to see Spider-Man meet Iron Man etc but if Disney and Marvel did earn the rights to the character they would just reboot it again and I don't want another reboot this franchise is still in its early days

I want to see Spider-Man meet Iron Man etc but if Disney and Marvel did earn the rights to the character they would just reboot it again and I don't want another reboot this franchise is still in its early days

I don't Spidey needs to be back with Marvel, he's fine with Sony but I want Sony to work with Disney.

Might as well let Webb & Garfield finish the trilogy at this point.But after that,I hope to Heaven it goes back to Marvel.

Yes and No. Yes because they've(Sony) shown they can't learn from their mistakes. No because they've shown the ability to make a quality movie.

I pretty much objectively don't want to see Spider-Man in the MCU, because I don't want him to be limited by the shared universe and be crammed into every Avengers movie.

Will the films Marvel make be more comic book accurate, and have better writing and characters than the TASM series? Perhaps, perhaps not. Most of their films except Iron Man, Avengers, and Cap 2 are mediocre, and Iron Man 2 was terrible. As for comic book accuracy, they didn't have Ant-Man and Wasp in the Avengers despite them being founding members, completely messed up the Mandarin, and probably made a lot of other major changes that I don't know

I pretty much objectively don't want to see Spider-Man in the MCU, because I don't want him to be limited by the shared universe and be crammed into every Avengers movie.

Will the films Marvel make be more comic book accurate, and have better writing and characters than the TASM series? Perhaps, perhaps not. Most of their films except Iron Man, Avengers, and Cap 2 are mediocre, and Iron Man 2 was terrible. As for comic book accuracy, they didn't have Ant-Man and Wasp in the Avengers despite them being founding members, completely messed up the Mandarin, and probably made a lot of other major changes that I don't know

but that's just it, he wouldn't be. He'd be all over the board. Sure he might line up with The Avengers, but you're just as likely to see him with Daredevil.

I clicked "Yes without a doubt!" but I read a couple of ideas and Marvel barowing ASM makes scence to me. That way there could be cameo's from Marvel to ASM and everybody would be happy:woot:. Plus Spiderman wouldnt be misused by Marvel by putting him in all the movies.

if marvel/disney get him we won't see much spider-man at all, infact its incredibly likely marvel/disney will put him on the shelve for a few years to give him a rest and build up hype and then it would be a case of them deciding when to use him again since they only do 2 movies a year and sony having spider-man means we get a spider-man movie and 2 marvel movies a year but it wouldn't be like that if they own spider-man and they have enough characters they wanna play with as it is.

i dunno if i believe they would make a live action tv series because i honestly think it would be expensive, they can turn daredevil into a detective type show like batman if they liked but spider-man... you would need to spend the money in the right way and probably would mean some restrictions

i mean alot of the comic book tv shows focus on drama more, even agents of shields which has some pretty impressive special effects but if you compare it to the movies you can see the CGI shots are usually limited

and they were originally gonna do the hulk tv show before it was canceled and i always wondered how much we was actually gonna see the hulk on screen since every moment of CGI is money thrown at the screen

Last edited:
I think there is potential for them to really nail Spidey, but I've also been disappointed with their more lukewarm movies.

We need something with the level of charisma GotG had, and not another soulless CA:TFA.

I've been looking at how Marvel has been treating Spider-Man in the comics and on television.

They killed off Peter Parker in USM just to give us Miles Morales. He never even finished high school. At the time I was mad, and got over it, because it wasn't the mainstream universe. We still had Peter Parker in the 616 universe, and "The Amazing Spider-Man" would continue. Well, not for long, because:

Peter Parker is in Ock's body, and died. Doc Ock is now in Spider-Man's body. This is RUBBISH!

Sony made "The Spectacular Spider-Man" tv series which is considered the best Spider-Man animated series of all time by many fans. It ran for two seasons, but unfortunately the studio sold the television rights back to Marvel/Disney. They decided to cancel it, and make their own series which would be more kid friendly. More rubbish, because SSM was a show that both adults and children could enjoy. "Ultimate Spider-Man" is not at all like that. As an adult, I could not make it past the first 5 minutes of the first episode. Spider-Man is made out to be very stupid and premature, and the show is overly-animated and immature.

I know that the movies would be treated differently from the comic books and animated series, but how do you think Marvel would treat Spider-Man if he was in the MCU?

Sony owns Spider-Man (they also own Ghost Rider, but are we really counting him?) and no other Marvel charcters. Spider-Man is like their baby, and Sony would treat him as their only child. There was one slip-up with Spider-Man 3, but otherwise I think they have done a really good job with Spider-Man.

I think that Sony should keep the rights to Spider-Man, but allow for Disney to "borrow" him for some of their movies. What do you guys think?
And this is exactly what happened four years later. :wow:

MCU Spidey in his 5 minutes in costume is THE worst onscreen Spidey, he's vastly overrated, says the wrong words when he talks, and he was never a soldier of another hero or a super organization. USM comics Peter accepted S.H.I.E.L.D. training him to cause less damage, but he was originally not fond of Fury, he thought he was garbage in the Venom arc.

MCU Spidey just accepted to be taken in under the wings of Tony, he says things he doesn't usually say, and is not funny. The Homecoming title for his solo doesn't bring me hope.

MCU Spidey in his 5 minutes in costume is THE worst onscreen Spidey, he's vastly overrated, says the wrong words when he talks, and he was never a soldier of another hero or a super organization. USM comics Peter accepted S.H.I.E.L.D. training him to cause less damage, but he was originally not fond of Fury, he thought he was garbage in the Venom arc.

MCU Spidey just accepted to be taken in under the wings of Tony, he says things he doesn't usually say, and is not funny. The Homecoming title for his solo doesn't bring me hope.
Give him a chance.

Andrew Garfield deserve all the bashing he get. His Spider-Man so bad. Creep and jerk.

No, he's fine, not a jerk.
He was a jerk with his uncle Ben that one time before he died, but when else was he a jerk? Really?

He wasn't a jerk, he was too cocky in ASM. But luckily they toned it down towards the end of the film. And struck the right balance in TASM2 between trying hard to be funny and complete jerk.

When he break Captain Stacy promise and say they best kind of promise to break.
I thought that way for a couple of years before realizing my mistake, he promised to "Keep her out of this", not "stay away from her".
The promise was not broken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"