The Amazing Spider-Man Would Spider-Man really be better off at Marvel/Disney?

:doh:
We've already established that money is merely icing on the cake. It doesn't prove or disprove a studios handling of a property. Transformers is right behind Spider-man on the overall highest grossing franchise list. Does that mean they're doing a great job with those movies?
Also if we are talking money it makes zero sense to include all 4 spider-man films and only 5 of the 6 Marvel films just because it's an 'ensemble' movie. At that point we're splitting hairs.
If we are talking money, Marvel undoubtedly takes the cake. They have made more off their superhero properties than Sony has. Period. That's the debate. Not to mention that by this time next year they'll have two more movies under the belt, giving them even more money.
Case closed.
How exactly? After adjusting for inflation sony has made more from4 movies than marvel has made from 6 movies

Looking at Rotten tomatoes again, ASM is at a 73% critical rating. That's lower than 5 of the 6 Marvel Studios movies. Logically if the average rating on marvel's solo films is higher than 73..... See what I'm getting at here?

Most of us here agree that TASM is better than every marvel solo movie save IM1,the reason it recieved a slightly lesser positive reception is completely different

I have no doubt that negatively affected people's views of the film, but that isn't an excuse. You can't just disregard that, because that is how Sony chose to handle the property. And you know what? It was a poor choice. I greatly enjoyed the film, but one of my biggest complaints was the rehashing of the origin. Everyone and their mother knows how he became Spider-man, they shouldn't have spent the first hour retelling it.
And this brings me back to my point: Marvel Studios would have done a better job because they would not have done that. I'm not basing this off of mere conjecture either; look at what they did with the Hulk reboot. They realized his origin had already been on screen, people didn't want to sit through another one with different actors. So they sped through it in the opening credits, which I felt was perfect.
There's no doubt in my mind that they would have gone the opening credit route with their first Spider-man film, so there goes that complaint out the window.

You couldnt have used a worse example,TIH was imo horrendous film,quality wise,critically and financially

For all your boasting about marvel making money off B grade characters,they took a famous and popular character like hulk and turnedhim totally toxic,so much so that even now the sequel is looking uncertain despite the success of TA and finding a great caste in Mark Ruffalo

Last edited:
Giving heroes like Spider-Man and Wolverine a chance to appear in Avengers could prove to be counter-productive as they will surely take away the focus on the regular Avengers.

A better way would be to have Spider-Man appear in a solo Daredevil movie or a Captain America movie.

I think he gets pointers from Stark himself :o

Hulk vs Spider-Man, know that would be insane.
Hulk Smash
Spidey dodges

What about an Iron Man movie?
No, Iron Man should be considered the Star of Avengers film with all his work, but Hulk and Loki shine more than he did. That's unfair
It'll be less fair if there was less focus on Iron Man in his own movie by the audience

voted other. Including Spidey in the MCU doesn't add anything valuable to the Marvelverse. and another reboot would hurt the brand more than ASM already did.
Fantastic Four on the other hand, this is a franchise that is currently at the wrong studio.

I really don't know anymore. The character has fallen so far in the last few years. Between the One More Day fiasco in the comics and its aftermath, the new terrible Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon (which replaced the fantastic Spectacular Spider-Man one), and two dud movies in a row, I don't think I've ever been as down on the whole franchise as I am right now. It is more than just Sony. Marvel doesn't seem to know what to do with him either.

I really don't know anymore. The character has fallen so far in the last few years. Between the One More Day fiasco in the comics and its aftermath, the new terrible Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon (which replaced the fantastic Spectacular Spider-Man one), and two dud movies in a row, I don't think I've ever been as down on the whole franchise as I am right now. It is more than just Sony. Marvel doesn't seem to know what to do with him either.

That's different, since he has 700 issues of stories behind him. The movies have so many stories to be based off off. Spider-Man 3 was a dud, but IDK if TASM would really be considered one, too.

As for Spider-Man being in the MCU, I think it would be amazing to have him appear in one of the movies. The MCU feels empty without him. We are left with all the secondary characters, but the big ones just aren't there.

ASM didn't get everyone's seal of approval, but it still got favorable reviews. Not a dud.

I'm a Spidey fan so personally I think it would be cool all the Avengers being captured and Spidey comes in to say the day.

I've always wanted in a scene in Spider-Man where there is a bomb or a device and to disarm it Spidey uses his spider-sense.

*reaches for red wire*

*spider-sense tingles*

Spidey - 'whoa, not that one!'

Honestly, SM3 is a better film, but both are good movies

The butler scene actually makes me shudder. To be fair to SM3 the action sequences still hold up, but if you are going to watch a movie that just actions scenes with dental floss holding the plot together you may as well watch the Transformers.

His initial opinion is SM3 > TASM
Honestly, SM3 is a better film, but both are good movies

tumblr_m9r794NcR71rzhv5ho1_500.gif

well everyone has their opinion:csad:

The butler scene actually makes me shudder. To be fair to SM3 the action sequences still hold up, but if you are going to watch a movie that just actions scenes with dental floss holding the plot together you may as well watch the Transformers.
I hold the Butler scene as one of the film faults, but eh, they're not as big as people make them to be, it's a good film

Not even action hold my interest in Transformers films, only thing I like about those is the score

How exactly? After adjusting for inflation sony has made more from4 movies than marvel has made from 6 movies

Most of us here agree that TASM is better than every marvel solo movie save IM1,the reason it recieved a slightly lesser positive reception is completely different
I certainly don't :o I think TASM is not nearly as good as any Marvel film.

His initial opinion is SM3 > TASM

True, but both are substantially flawed. I think SM3 is better for two main reasons:

1) The stuff that works in SM3, really works. There is nothing in TASM as good as the birth of Sandman, the Spidey/Goblin fight, the Jameson scenes, or the final scene.

2) There seemed to be more of an effort throughout. SM3 was an ambitious failure, but at least it was ambitious. TASM just went through the motions. SM3 wasn't good, but it wasn't boring either. TASM was.

tumblr_m9r794NcR71rzhv5ho1_500.gif

well everyone has their opinion:csad:

That "Mother Hugger" part was cringe worthy -___-
Seriously?!

Who says "Mother Hugger"?! I guess "Mother****er" is too mainstream for Peter lmao

The alternative can't even apply to Gwen anyway, since she's a girl.

He could said "Bitc...."......

Spider-Man 3 was so much more fun than TASM. Its a popcorn film. But I think that TASM is a much better film altogether.

I always thought he said "Mother Hubbard" in that scene, which I actually thought was a cute substitute for the more vulgar version. I found that line endearing.

He said Mother Hubbard, which is an old British nursery rhyme. It may have a significance on Garfield as he is British.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"