The Amazing Spider-Man Spider-Man to appear in S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series?

And I think that's the biggest issue. Spider-Man has a great supporting cast and a number of amazing villains that doesn't need to even be involved with any other universe or with any other hero.

I agree.

Well my rating went down a notch to 6/10 after watching TAS-M recently, and while I enjoy it better, still, than Spider-Man 3, it will never be a Spidey film I would recommend. And Andrew Garfield, imo, is the best thing about TAS-M.

original.jpg

Erroneous! Erroneous on all counts!

How long would a show just about SHIELD last without appearances by other heroes?
As long as they make it interesting.

It's either a show about SHIELD or SHIELD and its mighty heroes. Apparently, it seems to be the first.

Now that there is talk about a live action series on abc called SHIELD, I was thinking about the fact that this could be the chance to somehow include Spider-Man in the MCU (or television universe... or w/e). After all, Marvel now owns the television rights to the character.

Let's assume they are going to put Spider-Man in this show, but just as a cameo or brief appearance. I would assume that SHIELD would have the intentions of training Spider-Man to become a member of their organization (like the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon, only here it would be taken seriously). Spider-Man would probably be in a few episodes, or make an appearance here and there.

Would this be based off of Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man, or a completely new version created for this universe? Would he ever show himself as Peter Parker, or just have his mask on since he wouldn't reveal his identity to anyone?

If they base it off of the Andrew Garfield Spider-Man, it would allow for Sony to include him in an Avengers film in the future. Otherwise, a completely new Spider-Man would mean that his will never be part of the MCU unless the series would be non-canon.

My personal feeling is that they should not do it. I prefer a big screen Spidey. I don't want to open the door to cheaper production values that could possibly lead them to focusing more on small screen spidey than big screen.

Off subject, but dude, you have over 3200 posts since May?!! :wow:

Why are you taking everything so personally? What I'm saying is to not have him at all. Until Marvel has ALL media rights to him, including film rights, do not mix him in this universe. It would leave the fans wanting what they can't have (a full Marvel Spider-Man film). Keep him out of it entirely. Not in Avegers, not in the show, does not exist, until Marvel gets the rights from Sony, which won't happen.

I am not taking it personally. I just think there is nothing wrong with referencing him in this show.

©KAW;24230639 said:
But it was BLADE that was the spark that lit the fire and tested the waters. There had to be a starting point for comic book films (after Batman and Robin type movies), and that wasn't Spider-Man or X-Men.

Blade did not start the trend of superhero films that we have today. It only grossed 132 million worldwide, and had mixed reviews. It did inspire for Fox to make an X-Men film, which was the first critically acclaimed comic book film since Batman Returns. Then Spider-Man was created, with even more success financially and critically, and then we had a huge wave of comic book movies right after: Hulk, Daredevil, X2, Spider-Man 2, Batman Begins, Fantastic 4, X3, etc etc. After the success of X-Men and Spider-Man, studios really saw comic book movies as something big and profitable.

Last edited:
Blade did not start the trend of superhero films that we have today. It only grossed 132 million worldwide, and had mixed reviews. It did inspire for Fox to make an X-Men film, which was the first critically acclaimed comic book film since Batman Returns. Then Spider-Man was created, with even more success financially and critically, and then we had a huge wave of comic book movies right after: Hulk, Daredevil, X2, Spider-Man 2, Batman Begins, Fantastic 4, X3, etc etc. After the success of X-Men and Spider-Man, studios really saw comic book movies as something big and profitable.
Translation: It all started with BLADE.

Before you can have a second and third, you must have a first. Sure X-Men/Spidey were bigger films, but they were not the first to kick off the comic book genre after its depletion.

I was wondering about this as well, because Spidey is in a very unique situation here. Marvel owns the television rights to Spider-Man now, so in the new Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon produced by them Spidey interacts with everybody in the Marvel U. But Sony owns the film rights. Does live action television count or what?

No Spidey cameo or whatever in SHIELD show. Plenty of good reasons why not on this page alone.

I am not taking it personally. I just think there is nothing wrong with referencing him in this show.

I couldn't disagree more. there are a TON of things wrong with it.

You would have two versions of Spider-Man out there in existence simultaneously, which would confuse more casual fans.

You don't want to give die hard fans the illusion of a Marvel made Spider-Man film to tie into the Avengers saga when that can't legally happen.

Even if you just mention him, it would be a terrible tease to the fans without being able to make them happy, either by letting him actually appear in the show or the film idea I mentioned before.

Spider-Man is too deep of a character to have thrown into a TV series without the proper backstory/origin film already in place... if he were planned to actually appear.

If he was the actually appear, Spider-Man would steal the show from the rest of the characters, which means you might as well make it a Spider-Man show instead of a SHIELD show.

Personally I think Spider-Man would be cheesy to have on TV. He's set for big landscapes that could only legitimately appear in a cinematic production.

But the biggest thing is you dont want to tease the fans with what they want and not give it to them. You're just setting yourself up to disappoint your loyal fans. That's a terrible idea.

Again, just my opinion.

It'll probably be Drake Bell reprising his role as Spidey from the Ultimate Spider-Man series, because of all the SHIELD prevalence in that show :D :D :D :D

No Spidey cameo or whatever in SHIELD show. Plenty of good reasons why not on this page alone.

Yeah, Spidey wouldn't and probably shouldn't be on a SHIELD show but I'm just wondering if it could actually be possible.

I would love Andrew Garfield's Spidey to be in the SHIELD TV show! Like Picard said, Spidey would be able to be in the Avengers sequel. Andrew has stated he would want to be in the Avengers.

©KAW;24228775 said:
Horrible idea, well not as bad as the musical, but still bad. What is this desperation to include Spider-Man in The Avengers?

Because he's a member of the team...

My Opinion is..

Should Spider-Man make a appearance? Not totally opposed to it but it's unnecessary cause Spider-Man even Daredevil, Punisher (I'll get into him later) etc are street level heroes who are the responsibility of local law enforcement and currently pose no world,national or cosmic threat so they can be on SHEILD's radar but not needed in their current story(If those threats are the only ones they deal with).

Now Punisher (Frank Castle) I'd love to be a SHEILD Training Instructor that after the murder of his family while on leave or recent retirement and the subsequent injustice in the courts make him snap and he becomes a loose cannon in the streets and one of SHEILD's own. If they were to go that angle them maybe a Spider-Man appearance makes sense as well as other street level, meta-human (Daredevil, Heroes for Hire, etc) can make a appearance. Then they wouldn't just be focused on world threat but a threat from their ranks in the streets and walk a tightrope of national and local law enforcement.. Then more Marvel Characters could be included

Spider-Man belongs on his own, I don't want to see him fighting alongside the Avengers or the X-Men. Because in truth, Spider-Man to me is the other Daredevil in the sense that he really is an outcast when compared to other characters in the Marvel universe. He deserves his own TV series considering there is so much to pull from. Not anytime soon, but at least in 10 to 20 years, or whenever movie-quality CG can be affordable for a TV production.

Another actor in a different (but similar, cheaper for TV) costume would be great.

Spider Man is bigger than this or any other related film. They can use him twice and get away with it - IF handled right.

I hate how every time a topic like this pops up, narrow minded people keep thinking this will automatically mean Spider-Man will ruin their dear Avengers by mingling with them, even though that's not the case.

It's about having him in the same ****ing universe. It won't have to dilute his stories either.
There isn't even anything wrong with him having a cameo or appearance anywhere either.

Just make a very brief mention that there's a Spider-Man in the MCU somewhere and be done with it, so most people would be happy and complainers can shut their mouths for a while.

Oh, and the first page is full of trolling.

Last edited:
I'd have no problem if SHIELD are looking into recruiting more extraordinary people, and they suggest Spider-Man but then someone says he's just a kid, and he's not ready, then they can have a cameo of him swinging through the skyline of NYC.

Because, then it leaves the door open for negotiation for a cameo in the MCU proper, but there is also an in continuity explanation that he does exist, but isn't ready for the Avengers.

I agree.

original.jpg

Erroneous! Erroneous on all counts!

why does it deserve better than a 6? The movie doesn't have a consistent plot and the only positives are the actors. The thing I keep hearing being praised is how he had webshooters and made jokes, which Spider-Man should have/do, but if he didn't crack a few jokes and had organic webbing, the movie would have been exactly the same so these are hardly capable of saving it. I mean it's not a bad movie but it's not "Amazing" given the history Spider-Man has and the complexity of the character this movie really should have been a lot better.

Also Oscorp tower nearly made it into the Avengers, Sony is willing to work with Marvel if it's going to be profitable. So I doubt they'd make their own version of Spidey. Given that knowledge you can pretty much take it that Spider-Man is a part of the MCU.

The chances of it happening are very slim.
At least not for another two years .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"