• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Amazing Spider-Man A live-action Spider-Man TV series

OP84CC82

Civilian
Reaction score
Now while I'm only 14 years old right now, It's been my dream for a long time to be involved with the movie/TV industry. And for a while now I've had this idea for a live-action Spider-Man series.

Now at first, I tried thinking of my concept as a film series, but to tell you the truth, I didn't think it would work.

I wanted to retell the origin, but since it's been told 2 times already I was afraid that it'd be more stale than people said The Amazing Spider-Man was.

I also re-used many villains from the previous trilogy as well as Amazing, so I didn't want to re-tread ground in terms of a film franchise.

So in order for it to seem a little more fresh, I felt it'd be best if it were adapted in a television format, but not as an animated series. I really think that since a television series is more of a serialized format than film, it could provide a great opportunity to tell a long running story. The origin could be expanded to not just one episode, but many more.

I'd pull things from several sources, but mainly Amazing Fantasy #15, Ultimate Spider-Man, the first Spider-Man film, The Spectacular Spider-Man, and The Amazing Spider-Man in terms of the origin.

It'd take place at Oscorp, but Peter doesn't actually have a motivation for going there. He finds out about his father working for Oscorp after looking through some old things, and he researches the place when he finds out that his class is going on a field trip, but he doesn't go there by himself like in TASM.

He works as a wrestler mainly for cash so he could help Aunt May and Uncle Ben with the bills and gets his costume there in the process.

The robbery scene happens in a similar set-up and environment (convenience store) as in TASM, but the robber would be Walter Hardy as in The Spectacular Spider-Man. Uncle Ben would also get shot but it would happen at the home as he's going to his car to search for Peter after they get into an argument. Walter tries to steal Ben's car to get away, and Ben gets shot in the process. When Peter gets home, he obviously sees cops and an ambulance at the scene and he goes to Uncle Ben's side as he gets taken into the ambulance. This obviously leads to him becoming a vigilante to search for his Uncle's killer.

I know that this origin synopsis might be a little choppy in the way I described it, but I'm mainly trying to point out what I'd try to do to make it seem different from other incarnations by picking and choosing certain ideas I liked and trying to make them work as a cohesive whole. I'm sorry if this is a confusing post but I'll try to think of a better format to put this stuff in when I have the time. Also, if this is the wrong place to put this thread, feel free to notify the mods so they can move it.

TBH, I don't think a live action Spider-Man TV series would work just yet. The budget would need to be extremely high I think, otherwise it could look ridiculous. I'd much rather have it in animated form. I'd love for it to be as sharp in animation and visual style of USM, but actually being serious and not aimed solely for kids. TSSM was very good but I hated the idea of having Oscorp be behind everything and the art was ugly. Also, some things were just silly. I want an animated series that looks good like USM, but with believable characters with a light hearted Spider-Man in a world where things can be very dark. Of course there should be light hearted moments as well such as the school life and his daily Peter Parker life, but I don't want the villains and their plots to feel too cartoonish and kiddy like it's been before.

What would be even better would be to have a D2DVD animated film with the quality of Batman: Year One or Under The Red Hood

TBH, I don't think a live action Spider-Man TV series would work just yet. The budget would need to be extremely high I think, otherwise it could look ridiculous. I'd much rather have it in animated form. I'd love for it to be as sharp in animation and visual style of USM, but actually being serious and not aimed solely for kids. TSSM was very good but I hated the idea of having Oscorp be behind everything and the art was ugly. Also, some things were just silly. I want an animated series that looks good like USM, but with believable characters with a light hearted Spider-Man in a world where things can be very dark. Of course there should be light hearted moments as well such as the school life and his daily Peter Parker life, but I don't want the villains and their plots to feel too cartoonish and kiddy like it's been before.

What would be even better would be to have a D2DVD animated film with the quality of Batman: Year One or Under The Red Hood
While it probably wouldn't happen anytime soon, I'm sure that the cost for good quality CGI will probably go down within at least the next 10 or 20 years.

And like I said, I can't really see my vision pandering to 7 years old+ or an Adult Swim audience that stays up at 12:00 in the morning.

I wasn't aiming at you about the kids thing, just thought aloud about how I'd like another animated series.

I wasn't aiming at you about the kids thing, just thought aloud about how I'd like another animated series.
We'll probably never get another series like TSSM, one can hope though.

I allways thought the Drama of the Spider-Man comics would work very well in a live-action tv show, the problem is the budget to make him and his villains believable, and i think that spectacular Spider-Man nailed the part of the best animated adaptation, say whatever you want about the designs, you may not like them but they're not ugly, they're simple.

Simpler designs allow for better animation and fights, i didn't see any fight in Ultimate Spider-Man as good as Spectacular had in every episode,what they need is to bring Spectacular Spider-Man back.

I allways thought the Drama of the Spider-Man comics would work very well in a live-action tv show, the problem is the budget to make him and his villains believable, and i think that spectacular Spider-Man nailed the part of the best animated adaptation, say whatever you want about the designs, you may not like them but they're not ugly, they're simple.

Simpler designs allow for better animation and fights, i didn't see any fight in Ultimate Spider-Man as good as Spectacular had in every episode,what they need is to bring Spectacular Spider-Man back.
I think that within the next 10 to 20 years, we might be able to get good visual effects on a TV budget.

Me too, but i think that making certain things like people flying may not become easier, by the way, with you providing such ideas for a show, being 14 years old, and expecting special effects on tv to get better in the next 10-20 years, are you planing to work in the TV and Movie industry?

Marvel could include Spider-Man in their upcoming live tv show. He could make a cameo in the Incredible Hulk or something.

Me too, but i think that making certain things like people flying may not become easier, by the way, with you providing such ideas for a show, being 14 years old, and expecting special effects on tv to get better in the next 10-20 years, are you planing to work in the TV and Movie industry?
Yeah. I'd hope to work on a resume of films, maybe even some original ideas, so I could get recognized as a filmmaker (and no, by that I don't mean as an Oscar worthy director or crap like that since I hate the Academy) before going off and pitching a Spider-Man TV series.

Yeah. I'd hope to work on a resume of films, maybe even some original ideas, so I could get recognized as a filmmaker (and no, by that I don't mean as an Oscar worthy director or crap like that since I hate the Academy) before going off and pitching a Spider-Man TV series.
Cool, you're the 2nd guy with the same aspirations i see, the other is also from the hype and wants to pitch a Spider-Man tv show too, the difference is that if what he says is true, then he's already working for studios in small movie projects.

The funny thing about here in the SHH is that in least 1/5 of the people here seem to want to become film directors or something like that one day :woot:

Here a post i put in another live-action spider-man show thread:

Lord said:
the lizard and sandman could possibly too to a smaller extent (in smallville there was a guy with the same powers as sandman) and Dock Ock could work like this:

[YT]kIP-_HvKC1U[/YT]

And if he didn't travel with his metalic arms, in fact most spidey villains work with some changes, the problem is that the only way Green Goblin would work would be if he was like in Ultimate where he's more like the hulk. But i doubt a spidey tv show will ever happen, they make too much out of the movies, they won't want to confuse people with a movie and a tv show at the same time and they won't stop making the movies, so i it's highly unlikelly this will ever happen.

However if the are able to bring The Incredible Hulk to tv and proceed with the sequel to the movie at the same time then there's a chance Spidey could get the same treatment.

Here a post i put in another live-action spider-man show thread:
Well, I don't think the general audience is dumb enough to get confused unless the show is designed in a way where it seems to follow groundwork set by the films. For my vision, I'd start off with Spidey's origin and carry it throughout the first couple of episodes like Ultimate Spider-Man.

Well, I don't think the general audience is dumb enough to get confused unless the show is designed in a way where it seems to follow groundwork set by the films. For my vision, I'd start off with Spidey's origin and carry it throughout the first couple of episodes like Ultimate Spider-Man.
I don't think either, but studios do, that's why they didn't let Smallville use Batman or wonder woman

I don't think either, but studios do, that's why they didn't let Smallville use Batman or wonder woman
Do you know the name of the user who said that he'd like to make a live-action Spider-Man TV show?

He's Ultimatehero, but he probly won't be able to say too much, but probably give some opinions and critiques. I also used to think how a tv show about spider-man could work, i even thought about the storyline of the show up until season 8 if it ever got there, which would have Venom as the main villain of the season. I remember that my idea for the first season was basically the first 28 issues of Amazing Spider-Man when he was still in high school but wouldn't have particularly adapted any issue, taking more time with the origin like you're planing.

The problem is that the costs for the show would have to be really high, and tv producers will limit the show to make sure it doesn't hurt the film franchise. I allways thought that comic books would work very well if adapted well for TV because of their monthly format and long years of stories, i'm interested in one day also seeing if i can pitch an idea for an adaptation to tv, in this case i have many properties that i would have to see adapted like Batman and X-Men, but i'm not expecting to be able to pitch all of them, or any for that matter.

Either way what storylines would you plan for season 1 of a Spider-Man show?

TSSM animation was blocky and ugly, USM does it better with animation but TSSM does better story, USM is the better... if we get rid of dialogue.

scaled.php

Either way what storylines would you plan for season 1 of a Spider-Man show?
I'm not sure. I need to keep people interested so there will be a lot of build up to Green Goblin and whatnot but I'm not sure right now.

The only thing USM has over TSSM is the animation.

TSSM + USM's animation...

Yes, please.

yep... one thing I gotta say though is that I absolutely hate MJ's character design in USM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"