• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Amazing Spider-Man A live-action Spider-Man TV series

I have a question, how in your infinite wisdom would you know that I asked him to stop commenting because I didn't agree with him? At this point in time, I would agree with him say that it's a bad idea. But in order to prevent any people from making any comments such as that, I was referring to it as if it were to happen in the foreseeable future, not today.

A Spider-Man TV show right now is a bad idea, simply put. I agree with KAW(can't believe I just said that). If you didn't like his comment, then you could have simply overlooked it and not tell him to leave the thread(which I'm sure he did after posting, thus telling someone to leave a thread is rather pointless).

If it can work in the future, then by all means, a TV series may work, but for right now or at least in the next ten years, it won't be a good idea, imo.

Now I understand you're probably wanting to sound all superior with your first sentence with using 'infinite wisdom', but I'm going to overlook that and not say anything sarcastic back to you :up:

Now I understand you're probably wanting to sound all superior with your first sentence with using 'infinite wisdom', but I'm going to overlook that and not say anything sarcastic back to you :up:
I'm sorry for that. I was just mad is all. Could we end this banter?

Okay, then what would you have him wear? Since 2007, I've lived with a single mother with child support coming in from my dad and by the government's standards, we're considered poor. But my mother could still easily afford buying me the kind of clothes you usually see Peter wearing in all of his various incarnations.

If she could easily afford to buy you whatever clothes you wanted then you are not in the same boat as Peter. When he was worried about where he was gonna get the money for May's pills or the rent it sure wasn't because they had just blown their wad on a bunch of the latest fashions for Peter. And there wasn't any child support coming in for Pete either. Government standards or not, I don't consider the luxury of easily bein able to buy whatever clothes you like to be 'poor'. If you do define that as poor, what word do you use to define those who can't afford that, those that can barely afford to put food on the table? Just curious.

Last edited:
If she could easily afford to buy you whatever clothes you wanted then you are not in the same boat as Peter. When he was worried about where he was gonna get the money for May's pills or the rent it sure wasn't because they had just blown their wad on a bunch of the latest fashions for Peter. And there wasn't any child support coming in for Pete either. Government standards or not, I don't consider the luxury of easily bein able to buy whatever clothes you like to be 'poor'. If you do define that as poor, what word do you use to define those who can't afford that, those that can barely afford to put food on the table? Just curious.
You're making it seem as if I buy the most expensive clothes available. Most of what I wear are plaid shirts and jean shorts. But even that stuff I get at stores like Old Navy and Macy's. And besides, I'm not a fan of mainstream May. She's WAY too old for my taste.

You're making it seem as if I buy the most expensive clothes available. Most of what I wear are plaid shirts and jean shorts. But even that stuff I get at stores like Old Navy and Macy's. And besides, I'm not a fan of mainstream May. She's WAY too old for my taste.
Meh, i prefer a younger May too, but i didn't really like the aunt may of The Amazing Soider-Man, Ultimate Aunt May would be the best choice.

Perhaps by the time this franchise ends (in about 4-6 years), there could be room for a television series? Special effects would have improved greatly by then, and people wouldn't get it mixed up with the movies.

A well made TV series would work better on Spider-Man than movies to tell his stories, but I agree with Oscorp, leave that to animated shows

I'm still waiting for the Moon Knight series announced 6 years ago and no news about it since then

For starters, I'm talking about it as if it were going to happening 10 to 20 years from now. You're talking about it as if it were going to happen anytime soon. You don't know if budgets for TV shows will rise or movie quality CGI will become affordable and available for smaller projects like TV. If you think about it as if it were going to happen anytime soon, you'll toss aside the idea because of the limitations of today.

Then why are we (or ya'll) discussing it?? cause..

Oh, 10/20 years from now, that will be fine...I'll be dead by then.
TRUE
unless were (posters) like 5 yrs old right now then we'd be in our prime.. anyway

No Spider-Man (agreeing with KAW which may never happen again.. WOW) because as long as there's issues with character rights and such it can't co-exist with the S.H.E.I.L.D TV show and who knows how long that will last cause that could be successful and last 7 or 8 seasons (7 or 8 years). Now it would work if Spider-Man were appear (at least once) on the S.H.E.I.L.D Tv show then they can Spin-it off to it's own show cause Spider-Man can more than own on it's own (Like how Angel was a successful spin-off of Buffy)

But the fact Marvel/ABC is jumping first on the live TV thing and character rights are STILL an issue then Spider-Man is best just on the silver screen

Edit: and to add it would be a great business move to do that. Sony Ent TV is in Asia, The UK, Portugal,Spain, Africa, etc while ABC is primarily USA, Canada domestic. The Avengers as well as Spider-Man TV series could have a worldwide broadcast effect and It'll be a Win Win for both Sony and Disney. Hey, just maybe...

Last edited:
Edit: and to add it would be a great business move to do that. Sony Ent TV is in Asia, The UK, Portugal,Spain, Africa, etc while ABC is primarily USA, Canada domestic. The Avengers as well as Spider-Man TV series could have a worldwide broadcast effect and It'll be a Win Win for both Sony and Disney. Hey, just maybe...
Well, for starters, the television rights to Spider-Man are already back at Marvel, but it would make sense for them to partner up with Sony for a television series since they have many channels in other countries.

I just found this thread, so I'm just going to put this out there and then get to what everyone else is talking about in a later post.
I love Spider-Man's origin. I do. But the thing is, with a radioactive spider, we all know that if that does anything at all, it gives you cancer, and with a genetically engineered spider, nothing would happen to a bite victim unless the genetic engineering was specifically designed to manipulate the spider's DNA into a retrovirus. And then spider powers would be contagious.
That would be awesome, actually. But anyway:
Another thing is that, A freak, superpower-granting lab accident is extremely unlikely to happen to someone, and especially to someone who happens to be smart enough to make web fluid. (Save the organic vs. mechanical debate for a few minutes.) But then I got to thinking: Peter's a freaking genius. And he has enough common sense (Anyone does; I do) to really, really not want to become one of those geniuses that spends the rest of their lives in their Aunt's basement, bragging about how smart he was in high school. So he goes and gets an internship at Oscorp, where Dr. Connors is working on a project involving transgenics with several "carriers", including a spider, and on the side, Peter starts working in his basement on inventing a polymer cable several times stronger than steel.
I had this idea a while go that Peter should be the engineer of Spider-Man. It wasn't his father's research. It wasn't some freak accident with a particle accelerator. It's not some wonder drug. It's Peter's work as an intern that creates a serum for the transferring of DNA from one animal to another. It's HIM. HE creates Spider-Man. He owes his powers to no one and nothing but the mass between his ears. Before you ask, I know that this idea is not even close to comic book canon, but the spider-tracer proves that Peter Parker had Hank Pym-level intellect at the age of 15 or 16, so it could happen. Plus, it's a nod to Spider-Man 2099's origin. Peter creates a serum that manipulates DNA into a retrovirus (ignore the contagious thing for now), and tests it on a spider. To make a long story short, it works.
You might be thinking: "You've put a lot of thought into this." As a matter of fact, I have. I write Spider-Man fanfiction. No, I am not advertising my writing, I'm just listing a few ideas from my earlier thoughts that I think would work very, very well in a live-action Spider-Man TV show. What do you think?

Last edited:
I just found this thread, so I'm just going to put this out there and then get to what everyone else is talking about in a later post.
I love Spider-Man's origin. I do. But the thing is, with a radioactive spider, we all know that if that does anything at all, it gives you cancer, and with a genetically engineered spider, nothing would happen to a bite victim unless the genetic engineering was specifically designed to manipulate the spider's DNA into a retrovirus. And then spider powers would be contagious.
Another thing is that, A freak, superpower-granting lab accident is extremely unlikely to happen to someone, and especially to someone who happens to be smart enough to make web fluid. (Save the organic vs. mechanical debate for a few minutes.) But then I got to thinking: Peter's a freaking genius. And he has enough common sense (Anyone does; I do) to really, really not want to become one of those geniuses that spends the rest of their lives in their Aunt's basement, bragging about how smart he was in high school. So he goes and gets an internship at Oscorp, where Dr. Connors is working on a project involving transgenics with several "carriers", including a spider, and on the side, Peter starts working in his basement on inventing a polymer cable several times stronger than steel.
I had this idea a while go that Peter should be the engineer of Spider-Man. It wasn't his father's research. It wasn't some freak accident with a particle accelerator. It's not some wonder drug. It's Peter's work as an intern that creates a serum for the transferring of DNA from one animal to another. It's HIM. HE creates Spider-Man. He owes his powers to no one and nothing but the mass between his ears. Before you ask, I know that this idea is not even close to comic book canon, but the spider-tracer proves that Peter Parker had Hank Pym-level intellect at the age of 15 or 16, so it could happen. Plus, it's a nod to Spider-Man 2099's origin. Peter creates a serum that manipulates DNA into a retrovirus (ignore the contagious thing for now), and tests it on a spider. To make a long story short, it works.
You might be thinking: "You've put a lot of thought into this." As a matter of fact, I have. I write Spider-Man fanfiction. No, I am not advertising my writing, I'm just listing a few ideas from my earlier thoughts that I think would work very, very well in a live-action Spider-Man TV show. What do you think?
Holy crap. You've done it! You've created a Spider-Man origin that defeats any other. I'm the guy who dreams of going to film school someday when I graduate high school and becoming a director/writer and I couldn't have come up with something even as creative. I suck. :csad:

That's brilliant mate. I love that. I write a heck of a lot of scripts, plotting to give Spidey a go someday.

I'd be pretty pleased with myself if I came up with that origin.

I really think a TV series would be the best way to develop Spider-Man stories properly. It is Spider-Man after all, so people would tune in unless it was absolute garbage... or ended up like this:

spider-man-live-action-deadly-dust-nicholas-hammond-2365.jpg

I think these should be the main recurring villains:

Kingpin
Norman Osborn (perhaps build up to him becoming the Green Goblin later on)
Silvermane

Smaller villains could also appear here and there, like Chamelion, Tombstone, Rocket Racer, Black Cat, etc.

Have the villains that don't require CGI or many special effects for the series, that way it will suit the TV budget more than someone like Venom. Perhaps the TV series can lead into a number of movies that tie into it, and feature more action and villains that require more CGI/FX (Venom, Scorpion, etc).

I might have a go at writing a Pilot for it. If anyone would like to read it...

If any wants to know if I'm any good, I've got a director and his PA reading one of my scripts at the moment. I've been on set with him before and he's keeping an eye on me. Got some very positive feedback.

Now I sound like a right ass haha.

For Spidey's story, you can't develop him so much over films - as much as I love them. Over a season of 20 odd episodes, you could really get somewhere good.

Some TV adaptations go for gritty reality, would you keep the comic book element? Same costumes etc.?

I do like the way that Arrow has gone about things, having the origin in flashbacks and the present day going on too. It keeps things really well paced and interesting. But then again Green Arrow is a lesser known character so the origin is necessary.

I think you can get away with a little more on television, especially the costumes. I think the costumes should generally be the same with minor changes.

May I ask what director is reading it, and what are the chances of it being made?

Director is up and coming I'd say, if you've heard of Plan B? He's done a lot of his videos. Now working on his first film too so he's moving up. Decent contact to have.

At this stage I think it's more likely I'll get feedback on whether it's agent standard. You never know though! I'm not expecting anything.

Ironically that's an origin script too!

Director is up and coming I'd say, if you've heard of Plan B? He's done a lot of his videos. Now working on his first film too so he's moving up. Decent contact to have.

At this stage I think it's more likely I'll get feedback on whether it's agent standard. You never know though! I'm not expecting anything.

Ironically that's an origin script too!

Well, good luck my friend. You're certainly closer to fulfilling your dream of becoming a writer than I am (seeing as how I'm just a HS Freshman right now)

I really would like a Spider-Man tv show that:

Focuses a lot on the teen drama/ Peter getting through life

Be a light tone/style, kinda like The Avengers. Where it could be dark, but is fully aware it's a guy in tights making fun of bad guys.

Actually have a plan for a whole season.

Here's an opening I wrote, I thought rather than have the origin I'd introduce it a little. Basically this would flow much better on screen, it's flashbacks of the bite, testing the powers, Ben's death... Whilst Peter is getting dressed in the Spidey suit.

This is pretty rushed but gives you an idea. And then if anyone wants to read the full thing, let me know :)

FADE IN:
INT. PARKER’S BEDROOM - NIGHT

A HAND pulls on a RED and BLUE glove, dressed in a WEBBED pattern.

EXT. BACK ALLEY - MORNING [FLASHBACK]

Late teens, low in confidence, PETER PARKER is sat as gentle rain falls. He’s sporting some hefty cuts and bruises.

On the wall: A SPIDER. It crawls down the wall.

Peter sighs and cups his hands over his face, it’s at this moment where the spider makes a move - dropping down onto his hand.

He begins to get up when, BAM! The spider bites! Parker shakes his hand, grimacing.

On comes a RED BOOT with the same WEBBED pattern.

EXT. ALLEYWAY - EVENING [FLASHBACK]

Rubbing his hands with a visible glee is stood PETER PARKER.

Beat. He waits a moment, then:

JUMPS ONTO THE WALL! He leaps behind him, perfectly sticking to the one behind.
Then he begins to climb, grinning all the while.

INT. PARKER’S BEDROM - NIGHT

A WEB CARTRIDGE is loaded into a WEB SHOOTER, a glove like that in Sc. 1 is slid over it.

EXT. GAS STATION - EVENING [FLASHBACK]

In a makeshift mask, on the underside of the canopy is PARKER, crawling across like a spider.

CONSUMERS are stood, gaping at this!

He jumps down and looks around at his admirers before throwing out an arm, SHOOTING out his WEB and soaring off into the night sky.

A UTILITY BELT is adjusted and put into place.

EXT. STREETS - EVENING [FLASHBACK]

BANG!

A startled PETER looks around, his expression fades to complete despair.

TIME JUMP: A tearful Peter holds a pale UNCLE BEN in his arms.

BEN
With great power...

On this figures chest is a SHADOW BLACK SPIDER. It’s printed against a royal red and light blue, that WEBBED pattern intertwining with it.

EXT. STREETS - EVENING [FLASHBACK]

BEN is growing weaker, PETER is hanging on his every word though.

BEN
...comes great, responsibility.

And now PETER PARKER pulls on his mask. Big, white EYES stare forth.

He’s SPIDER-MAN.

Of course the other way is to have the flashbacks and then have Pete in bed. Grumpy teen.

I know many people here don't really talk about this when talking about how they'd approach a certain character or property in a film/TV show visually in terms of cinematography, but I'd probably have my DP shoot on film if we were allowed the time for a DI (Digital Intermediate= When the film is digitized and graded from there as opposed to the traditional photochemical method, has become the industry standard since the late 2000's, maybe even earlier) grade. I just think film looks better than any of the digital cameras on the market so far (Yes, even more than the Alexa) but if I had to go digital, I would definitely go with the Alexa for it's easy to navigate menus, simple operation, and spectacular images (You know, just so my DP and his crew aren't miserable in the process)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"