The Amazing Spider-Man Spider-Man to appear in S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series?

Picard Sisko

Prepare to be Assimilated
Reaction score
Now that there is talk about a live action series on abc called SHIELD, I was thinking about the fact that this could be the chance to somehow include Spider-Man in the MCU (or television universe... or w/e). After all, Marvel now owns the television rights to the character.

Let's assume they are going to put Spider-Man in this show, but just as a cameo or brief appearance. I would assume that SHIELD would have the intentions of training Spider-Man to become a member of their organization (like the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon, only here it would be taken seriously). Spider-Man would probably be in a few episodes, or make an appearance here and there.

Would this be based off of Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man, or a completely new version created for this universe? Would he ever show himself as Peter Parker, or just have his mask on since he wouldn't reveal his identity to anyone?

If they base it off of the Andrew Garfield Spider-Man, it would allow for Sony to include him in an Avengers film in the future. Otherwise, a completely new Spider-Man would mean that his will never be part of the MCU unless the series would be non-canon.

Horrible idea, well not as bad as the musical, but still bad. What is this desperation to include Spider-Man in The Avengers?

Instead of dismissing my idea and calling it horrible, why not explain? Why not include Spider-Man in the tv series in any way? The flagship character of Marvel comics should have some involvement in this, even if its just a cameo.

Why, because I'd rather see Spider-Man as a solo character. If Spider-Man had to team with Marvel characters, I'd rather see him with the better character team, X-MEN!

I am one to believe Spider-Man has enough characters and villains to have his own universe though, so I would have to say it's a horrible idea as well. Spider-Man, along with Batman and Superman, should have their own universes and I hope Arad has the guys to actually keep Spidey in his own universe no matter how much I didn't enjoy the reboot. Spider-Man has enough characters to have his own world and that is more than I can say when it comes to guys like Iron Man or Captain America.

And don't even get me started of how I feel about the idea that Nolan's/Snyder's Superman could be part of Warner Brothers' new Justice League universe, lol.

©KAW;24228791 said:
Why, because I'd rather see Spider-Man as a solo character. If Spider-Man had to team with Marvel characters, I'd rather see him with the better character team, X-MEN!
Spider-Man teams up with other characters all the time. SHIELD plays an important role in the Marvel universe, and naturally they would want someone like Spider-Man working for them. I never said he had to join; the organization would just have an interest in him, that's all. So maybe we could have an episode where team members are sent to capture him, and he is offered training. Spidey refuses in the end, but maybe at the end of the series he either changes his mind, or helps out in a battle.

I am one to believe Spider-Man has enough characters and villains to have his own universe though, so I would have to say it's a horrible idea as well. Spider-Man, along with Batman and Superman, should have their own universes and I hope Arad has the guys to actually keep Spidey in his own universe no matter how much I didn't enjoy the reboot. Spider-Man has enough characters to have his own world and that is more than I can say when it comes to guys like Iron Man or Captain America.

And don't even get me started of how I feel about the idea that Nolan's/Snyder's Superman could be part of Warner Brothers' new Justice League universe, lol.
I also think you are missing the point. Spider-Man has always been part of a larger universe (Marvel universe to be exact), and it would be cool to acknowledge his existence in the series. There is nothing horrible about him appearing in the show. As much as I loved the reboot, I still hope they can somehow connect it to the MCU. Makes it feel like less of a small world, and part of something much bigger.

Going from big budget movies to small TV sitcom is degrading. It should never be done, it's moving backwards.

©KAW;24228823 said:
Going from big budget movies to small TV sitcom is degrading. It should never be done, it's moving backwards.
Maybe its just me, but I seriously doubt this series is going to be a sitcom. Also, I doubt it is going to be "small." Just because something is made for TV doesn't mean it can't be epic. Look at shows like LOST or 24.

And there is nothing degrading about making a series. Joss Whedon is writing the pilot of this series, and I'm sure nobody thinks it is moving backwards. Its expanding the universe, so if anything, its moving forward. Its filling in more pieces and developing characters in ways that you cannot do in movies.

Regardless, it'll look smaller than the movies, period. I'm not fond of the Buffy director's work on TV, this makes it that much worst for me. Sorry to call it a sitcom, but I take these superheroes on TV as a complete joke. The new series ARROW is just another reason why.

©KAW;24228923 said:
Regardless, it'll look smaller than the movies, period. I'm not fond of the Buffy director's work on TV, this makes it that much worst for me. Sorry to call it a sitcom, but I take these superheroes on TV as a complete joke. The new series ARROW is just another reason why.
After calling it a sitcom, IDK if I can take your posts seriously anymore.

Have you seen these comic book series, seriously, they're as far from drama as you can get?

ARROW looks like ass!

©KAW;24228957 said:
Have you seen these comic book series, seriously, they're as far from drama as you can get?

ARROW looks like ass!
I never cared for shows on WB (or now CW11), so I don't think Arrow looks any good. But that is also a matter of taste. Plenty of people love Smallville...after all, it did last 10 seasons, so that must say something about the series.

There aren't enough superhero tv shows to determine whether or not this could be successful. Before X-Men (2000) or SM1, nobody would have thought that superhero movies could be a HUGE success.

I never cared for shows on WB (or now CW11), so I don't think Arrow looks any good. But that is also a matter of taste. Plenty of people love Smallville...after all, it did last 10 seasons, so that must say something about the series.
Is that what you want, a Smallville type show, I thought that show was awful, and made Superman Returns look like a joke before people actually saw the film. And it speaks volumes about what we're in for with SHIELD.

There aren't enough superhero tv shows to determine whether or not this could be successful. Before X-Men (2000) or SM1, nobody would have thought that superhero movies could be a HUGE success.
Yeah we kind of did. Thanks to the HUGE success of Supes/Bats movie. Spider-Man/X-Men were pretty much a done deal with success. But that's besides the point. And you should have used BLADE as an example, now that was a surprise success.

There's enough for me to decide that the series shouldn't be done. From Birds of Prey to Smallville, from X-Generation to The Flash. Even within the comic book-like series such as Dark Angel, Terminator and Heroes.

©KAW;24229035 said:
Is that what you want, a Smallville type show, I thought that show was awful, and made Superman Returns look like a joke before people actually saw the film. And it speaks volumes about what we're in for with SHIELD.

Yeah we kind of did. Thanks to the HUGE success of Supes/Bats movie. Spider-Man/X-Men were pretty much a done deal with success. But that's besides the point. And you should have used BLADE as an example, now that was a surprise success.

There's enough for me to decide that the series shouldn't be done. From Birds of Prey to Smallville, from X-Generation to The Flash. Even within the comic book-like series such as Dark Angel, Terminator and Heroes.
When did I say I wanted a Smallville type show? Don't put words in my mouth.

The Superman & Batman films were successful (and the Blade & Spawn films had their share of success as well), but they didn't really spark a revolution in comic book movies. After the release of X-Men and then Spider-Man, they started the huge trend of superhero films that has emerged ever since. If it weren't for them, there would be no Avengers in the first place.

No.

Seriously no.

I am tired of Spiderman taking over nearly every Marvel adaptation.

Besides, it is a SHIELD program, not Spidey and His Amazing SHIELD Friends.

Besides, shoehorning the series to fit the character would be detrimental to the quality.

I would prefer they focus on introducing newly created characters or ones who have not made it to film.

I want it to stay focused on SHIELD and just that.

I want it to stay focused on SHIELD and just that.

How long would a show just about SHIELD last without appearances by other heroes?

No.

Seriously no.

I am tired of Spiderman taking over nearly every Marvel adaptation.

Besides, it is a SHIELD program, not Spidey and His Amazing SHIELD Friends.

Besides, shoehorning the series to fit the character would be detrimental to the quality.

I would prefer they focus on introducing newly created characters or ones who have not made it to film.
Spider-Man does not take over every Marvel adaption. How does a cameo or appearance mean the series is being shoehorned to fit the character?

So they announced that there was going to be a special guest appearance by Spider-Man for one episode, the show would be declining in quality? :doh:

Nobody seems to understand what I am trying to explain.

Nobody knows what a cameo or guest appearance is I guess.

The idea is to acknowledge that these other characters do exist. Perhaps at SHIELD headquarters, you see someone looking at a bunch of television screens showing us other heroes in action or their location. You can have a shot of the Fantastic 4 baxter building, Professor X's mansion, and of course, Spider-Man swinging through NYC.

No Spider-Man. This show should be all about SHIELD, its specific agents and a couple of lesser known Heroes that don't require a lot of special effect, i.e. Like Cage and Iron Fist. Heroes for Hire, I know, but could work as SHIELD too in my opinion.

No Spider-Man. This show should be all about SHIELD, its specific agents and a couple of lesser known Heroes that don't require a lot of special effect, i.e. Like Cage and Iron Fist. Heroes for Hire, I know, but could work as SHIELD too in my opinion.
Once again, I never said the show would be about other heroes like Spider-Man. Did you not read my last post?

Once again, I never said the show would be about other heroes like Spider-Man. Did you not read my last post?

Why are you taking everything so personally? What I'm saying is to not have him at all. Until Marvel has ALL media rights to him, including film rights, do not mix him in this universe. It would leave the fans wanting what they can't have (a full Marvel Spider-Man film). Keep him out of it entirely. Not in Avegers, not in the show, does not exist, until Marvel gets the rights from Sony, which won't happen.

When did I say I wanted a Smallville type show? Don't put words in my mouth.

The Superman & Batman films were successful (and the Blade & Spawn films had their share of success as well), but they didn't really spark a revolution in comic book movies. After the release of X-Men and then Spider-Man, they started the huge trend of superhero films that has emerged ever since. If it weren't for them, there would be no Avengers in the first place.
But it was BLADE that was the spark that lit the fire and tested the waters. There had to be a starting point for comic book films (after Batman and Robin type movies), and that wasn't Spider-Man or X-Men.

Last edited:

I agree about not having Spidey show up in the Avengers. He's got an enormous rogue gallery and enough solo stories to keep him busy.

I keep seeing you say that you didn't enjoy the reboot, yet you scored it at a 7 out of 10. That's a pretty good score for something you didn't enjoy.

I also think you are missing the point. Spider-Man has always been part of a larger universe (Marvel universe to be exact), and it would be cool to acknowledge his existence in the series. There is nothing horrible about him appearing in the show. As much as I loved the reboot, I still hope they can somehow connect it to the MCU. Makes it feel like less of a small world, and part of something much bigger.

Spider-Man needs his own universe simply put and it would be a horrible idea in using Spidey just for that reason alone. Use this series to shine the light on other guys like Luke Cage for instance, not someone trying build up his own film universe.

Plus, you're not really helping your cause, imo, if you're replying to everyone that's saying no. They're saying no for a reason.

©KAW;24228957 said:
ARROW looks like ass!

Besides the half-naked poster of Green Arrow, everything else has gotten me interested with the series and it could finally be the second show I will actually sit down to watch on the dreaded CW(the first being Supernatural....hated Smallville from the thirteenth episode of the fifth season and beyond).

I agree about not having Spidey show up in the Avengers. He's got an enormous rogue gallery and enough solo stories to keep him busy.

And I think that's the biggest issue. Spider-Man has a great supporting cast and a number of amazing villains that doesn't need to even be involved with any other universe or with any other hero.

I keep seeing you say that you didn't enjoy the reboot, yet you scored it at a 7 out of 10. That's a pretty good score for something you didn't enjoy.

Well my rating went down a notch to 6/10 after watching TAS-M recently, and while I enjoy it better, still, than Spider-Man 3, it will never be a Spidey film I would recommend. And Andrew Garfield, imo, is the best thing about TAS-M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"