The Amazing Spider-Man Spider-Man in the Avengers?

I followed First Class, Vaughn said no Wolverine. He lied, which is fine....I love surprises.

Just don't expect it to not happen or to happen....we will know in a few months. Just don't go around hanging dong like you know everything about this movie.

Cool story, bro!

Really, everything you said was like reading To Kill A Mockingbird....it was rather entertaining.

Spider-Man won't make an appearance in The Avengers, though :up:
So you accept the bet?

I followed First Class, Vaughn said no Wolverine. He lied, which is fine....I love surprises.

Just don't expect it to not happen or to happen....we will know in a few months. Just don't go around hanging dong like you know everything about this movie.

They all belonged to FOX.

Sony and Disney are separate, are they not?

Granted, Marvel Studios is supposedly tied to the Spidey reboot as well, but I think it's just the way Marvel ties to all of their products, such as Ghost Rider or even the X-Men.

There's no way Spider-Man could ever show his face.

So you accept the bet?

Sure, why not?

Again, there isn't an actual quote from him that says that Wolverine won't be in First Class.

But whatever, I'm calling it now.

Spider-Man in person will not be in The Avengers.

You do realize there is no way you can win that bet....right?

Both. Why would I eat my hat over it either happening or it not happening when I said it may or may not happen?

It would be cool if Spidey had a role in an avengers movie but it will never happen. Sony owns the rights to Spidey and the Avengers are under Paramount Pictures. So I cross over between the two would be highly unlikely. But it would make sense because this movies goes into more detail about Peter's parents.

I agree. The character is terribly underwritten. The only thing stopping the Green Goblin into going into Dr. Doom from the Fantastic Four films territory is that Dafoe gives a fantastic performance and really brings Norman to life. The origin sequence in Spider-Man is fantastic, but the second half of the film isn't nearly as good as the first.

Completely agreed. One of Spider-Man's biggest problems is that it suffers from a lack of plot after the origin story and a cartoonishly underwritten villain. I think the film might have been better off taking a page from Ultimate Spider-Man, and having the spider come from Oscorp and involved with the formula that gives Green Goblin his powers.

It's a big part of the reason that I don't consider Spider-Man to be the best superhero origin film in favor of others like Batman Begins and Superman: The Movie.

What about Iron Man? Imo, that's the best origin film to date.

And, I just think combining Green Goblin, Spidey's greatest foe, and the entire origin film of Spider-Man is having too much in a film. To me, I think we should've received a much more simple villain instead of Green Goblin, because he holds way too much weight to be clustered with Spidey's origin tale.

Batman Begins is superior to me, because it did the best job of exploring its protagonist and justifying its superhero tropes beyond the simple expectation of their presence. Also, I liked Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne more than Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark.
Don't get me wrong, Iron Man was a lot of fun, but I think that Batman Begins's tongue-out-of-cheek approach payed off better.

And, I just think combining Green Goblin, Spidey's greatest foe, and the entire origin film of Spider-Man is having too much in a film. To me, I think we should've received a much more simple villain instead of Green Goblin, because he holds way too much weight to be clustered with Spidey's origin tale.

I think that it could have taken a page from the USM version of the origin to weave the two character's origins together, and given Norman Osborn a much clearer goal in one fell swoop.

That is a hope for the reboot. Perhaps the spider that bites Peter is part of a little project called OZ.

Exactly. That's why Begins was so successful...start off with a lesser known but still very cool villain and work your way up to the Joker. It gives more room to watch the hero grow into his role and the movie can develop more slowly. TAS seems to be following the same pattern...The Lizard, a very cool but lesser known villain and then hopefully the sequel we work up to the real threat of the GG.

Not really starting off with a lesser known villain, but someone that works with the origin and Ra's fit perfectly because he trains Bruce in Batman Begins. I mean, Ra's is one of Batman's greatest villains, but it works with the origin story because it ties together.

I think with all my heart that Nick Fury and/or S.H.I.E.L.D. will appear in TASM.

If Spider-man does show up in the Avengers, it will as pre-spider bite Peter Parker escaping the chaos.

If you think that with all of your heart...will it be broken when it doesn't happen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"