The Amazing Spider-Man Spider-Man in the Avengers?

People still believe Spidey is showing up in the Avengers? Lol.

I never thought he'd be in The Avengers.

I do think that Nick Fury or just some shield agents could be making an appearance in The Amazing Spider-Man

You've seen the movie already!? People thought reports of Hugh on set of First Class were false or just him visiting and voila...he had a cameo. Don't say it will or won't happen...Sony is in dire financial straights. Expecting it to happen or not to happen is dumb...it's a possibility. Whether it will or won't happen has yet to be seen.

It's been confirmed that it won't happen, let's let it go, shall we?

The fact that the Avengers comes out 2 months before TASM does, I don't see how people expect Spider-Man to cameo in Avengers. How could he cameo in a movie before even being established in his own?

Well, Tony Stark popped up in the Incredible Hulk to talk about The Avengers, a movie that came out before the movie (Iron Man 2) where he was prepped for The Avengers Initiative.

It's possible, but it's not happening.

Well, Tony Stark popped up in the Incredible Hulk to talk about The Avengers, a movie that came out before the movie (Iron Man 2) where he was prepped for The Avengers Initiative.

It's possible, but it's not happening.

Tony Stark was approached by Nick Fury at the end of Iron Man, which came out before The Incredible Hulk...

I know that.

But I'm saying he cameo'd in TIH because he knew about the Avenger initiative at the end of IM1.

But he wasn't accepted for the Avenger initiative until the end of Iron Man 2.

Did some research, it seems the accepted conclusion is that the Tony Stark scene in TIH happened AFTER Iron Man 2.

Last edited:
Nick Fury will show up in TASM.

That's the only way it could work.

You've seen the movie already!? People thought reports of Hugh on set of First Class were false or just him visiting and voila...he had a cameo. Don't say it will or won't happen...Sony is in dire financial straights. Expecting it to happen or not to happen is dumb...it's a possibility. Whether it will or won't happen has yet to be seen.

Can we please make a bet that you'll eat your own hat when Spidey doesn't show up in the Avengers?

Whedon's dismissed it, licensing becomes a problem with Disney and Sony and yet you think it's still a possibility?

Spider-Man should stay out of the Avengers, and I'm glad that Marvel Studios can't cram him in there.

Did you guys ever think the cameo could be a poster for Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark in the Times Square set? And not literally be Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man?

A parade.
Why wouldn't he just say "rule this place" instead of saying that the people of New York City "exist to lift us up on their shoulders"?
Overall, Green Goblin's motives aren't very clear throughout, which is one of my biggest criticisms of Spider-Man. His only clear goal is to kill the board members, which he accomplishes before he meets Spider-Man. Why does he reappear after that? Why does he want Spider-Man to join him?

I agree. The character is terribly underwritten. The only thing stopping the Green Goblin into going into Dr. Doom from the Fantastic Four films territory is that Dafoe gives a fantastic performance and really brings Norman to life. The origin sequence in Spider-Man is fantastic, but the second half of the film isn't nearly as good as the first.

Can we please make a bet that you'll eat your own hat when Spidey doesn't show up in the Avengers?
Eat my own hat for saying what....that it may or may not happen? That sounds like a bet to me! I bet it may or may not happen and you bet it won't. It's a bet! I bet you a thousand bucks it may or may not happen and you bet a thousand it won't. If we tie, then we both keep the money.

Whedon's dismissed it, licensing becomes a problem with Disney and Sony and yet you think it's still a possibility?
Directors, producers, writers, and actors never lie to contain spoilers right?

http://m.ign.com/articles/1144930

I love it when people think they know everything when they know nothing. The internet!

Eat my own hat for saying what....that it may or may not happen? That sounds like a bet to me! I bet it may or may not happen and you bet it won't. It's a bet! I bet you a thousand bucks it may or may not happen and you bet a thousand it won't. If we tie, then we both keep the money.

I love it when people think they know everything when they know nothing. The internet!

Cool story, bro!

Really, everything you said was like reading To Kill A Mockingbird....it was rather entertaining.

Spider-Man won't make an appearance in The Avengers, though :up:

Did you bother to read the article you posted?

Vaughn doesn't flat-out deny Wolvie's cameo... whereas y'know, Whedon did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"