Square Enix's Avengers

Seems to be a post A3 pre A4 setting.

Hopefully its a Action RPG similar to behind the back view similar to Tomb Raider (Same developers).

Hopefully online co op as well.

Yeah its Crystal Dynamics, the company behind the critically acclaimed tomb raider games.

Why would they partner with Square Enix for a mobile game?

I don't know but you never know.

I'd be happier if it was actually the RPG developers making the games instead of Eidos & Crystal Dynamics.

But I like Legacy of Kain & Tomb Raider from them so hoping for a Co-Op Online Action RPG with this.

"The Avengers project is being designed for gamers worldwide and will be packed with all the characters, environments, and iconic moments that have thrilled longtime fans of the franchise. Featuring a completely original story, it will introduce a universe gamers can play in for years to come. More details on The Avengers project and other games will be announced in 2018."

Last edited:
"The Avengers project is being designed for gamers worldwide and will be packed with all the characters, environments, and iconic moments that have thrilled longtime fans of the franchise. Featuring a completely original story, it will introduce a universe gamers can play in for years to come. More details on The Avengers project and other games will be announced in 2018."

Pretty sure Marvel wouldn't have hyped this so much if it wasn't console game.

I'm really happy with this news. I don't understand why Marvel hasn't invested that much in good triple A video games before. I'm excited but I should remind myself that this will probably come to the stores in 2019, especially with no gameplay shown. Spider-Man was announced last year, it had lots of gameplay footage and it'll probably come in 2018. :(

I wonder if the voice belongs to an actual character. Carol, Janet, original creation?

Seems we wont be getting anymore announcements about this and other games in the multi game deal with marvel until 2018, if the square enix description box for the YouTube vid is to be believed.

I don't think there's been a console game for an MCU movie since Iron Man 3. Movie games are pretty much dead.

Not literally a MCU game. But kinda how A3 will be Avengers getting owned then most likely.

If they are using Reassembled as the tag then im just kinda comparing it that way.

Sorry it's a mobile app fighting game.

better not be a MMO.

I would love for an X-Men Legends/Marvel Ultimate Alliance type action RPG game.

oh, and I want Scarlet Witch!!

Last edited:
Crystal Dinamics AND Eidos?
Its ****ing lit fam

Since they made a point of saying they want to appeal to fans "worldwide" I imagine this'll skew heavily towards MCU characters but hopefully it's not just the "Big 6".

In addition to the obvious ones I'm hoping we might get Black Panther, Captain Marvel, the twins and maybe some curveballs like Ms. Marvel.

Marvel is getting amazing partners for their games!
Sony/Insomniac
Capcom
Telltale
Now Square/CD/Eidos

Damn I'm excited.

Why the heck would they announce this now if they won't talk about it till 2018?

Marvel is getting amazing partners for their games!
Sony/Insomniac
Capcom
Telltale
Now Square/CD/Eidos

Damn I'm excited.

I'm so glad this era of Disney not letting anyone else but them make Marvel platform games is over.

Watch this **** be turn based combat.

I would love for an X-Men Legends/Marvel Ultimate Alliance type action RPG game.

While those games were great, I would rather have an immersive story driven game with gameplay taylored to it's characters. Kind of like the Arkham series.

Problem with Avengers is that there are so many different characters. Gameplay of Iron Man should be totally different from Cap. Developers would have to make 6+ games for price of one.

But that would also be so awesome. A story where you would control each character in turns. Cap could have strategy based levels, Nat's could be about stealth, Hulk levels lot smashy, etc. Wasp could have potential for beautiful and original level design.

I would hope e3 or sdcc would have something

I would hope e3 or sdcc would have something

considering they said 2018, htat will be SDCC or E3 2018. This is the same deal as when Telltale announced they were working on a Marvel game for 2017 back in early 2015 but said nothing until last month

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"