Guardians of the Galaxy from Eidos

BatsDC

Side-Kicker
Reaction score
Only one source, but who knows. It is a multi-game deal, and Guardians would be the logical next game after Avengers, given the explosion of popularity they had.

This is while the Tomb Raider team over at Crystal Dynamics works on the first game in Square Enix's Marvel deal, which is based around the Avengers. Square Enix has already said it will not reveal anything more of the project until 2018. Could it also see release in 2018? It seems unlikely, considering how fresh the ink is on Marvel's deal.

Back at Eidos Montreal, a small team is currently aiding Crystal Dynamics' Avengers project and, Eurogamer has heard, in the early stages of production on the second Marvel game based around Guardians of the Galaxy. This project will be lead by Eidos Montreal.

With its collaboration on Avengers, the full production of Guardians of the Galaxy and a big new Tomb Raider game to finish first, it sounds like the studio will be kept busy - and away from Deus Ex - for quite a while.
Eurogamer

Originally Posted by BatsDC
Only one source, but who knows. It is a multi-game deal, and Guardians would be the logical next game after Avengers, given the explosion of popularity they had.

Eurogamer
oh it's making the rounds. other places have it as rumor though
for example

Industry
[FONT=&quot]Rumor: Deus Ex on the backburner as Eidos Montreal focuses on Tomb Raider and Marvel projects[/FONT]
Published 4 hours ago. 33 comments.

also with

Deus Ex shelved for Marvel project, second game is Guardians of the Galaxy

5 hours ago
Plenty of people called it after last week’s announcement of Square Enix’s multi-game collaboration with Marvel, but it seems this deal...Read more

source: Gematsu& PCGN

And yes it is multi project deal so it does mean more then avengers it seems . which is nice to know.

Nice job BatsDC and please keep up the great work . both and MbJ.

Last edited:
While I enjoy Deus Ex, I am completely ok with this.

Hopefully this will give them the time they need to actually go back and play the original Deus Ex to remind themselves why people loved that game in the first place.

[FONT=&quot]If it isn't already apparent, Marvel is making a major push in the gaming industry. They already dominate the superhero film space, so why not try to see just how far that olive branch will go, right? Here's a rundown of the major Marvel games in development.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]So there you have it; four different IPs are getting five games at some point in the future, with more undoubtedly on the way.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]With Marvel seemingly spreading its many arms in as many different directions as possible,
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]one might wonder what role these games will play in the grand scheme of things. In speaking with IGN, Marvel Games Creative Director Bill Rosemann seemed to indicate that any and all Marvel Games will seemingly play whatever role they want as they will not be tied down to any of the official canon.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]He said:[/FONT]
"We want to give [developers] freedom to tell their story and we want to make it an original story.

We want to give our partners...freedom to look at all of Marvel history and to pick from what interests them. It's a bit like we're saying, 'Hey you're the chef, you're going to make this meal. Here's all of the ingredients. You pick the ingredients that you like and make a new meal.

We want all of our games to tell an original, all new story. We want [our development partners] to have passion, we want them to put their stamp on the games. It's their game. We want it to be their vision."
[FONT=&quot]Roseman goes on to say that none of the games will be rushed, or tied into any of the movies. All of the games will be their own thing, and there will be an intensive focus on quality. "We want every game to be game of the year, he said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I don't want to get ahead of myself, but we might (finally) be seeing the long-awaited death of the movie tie-in game. And that's nothing but a good thing.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Source: [IGN][/FONT]

source: http://www.gamezone.com/

sorry this was for the tell tale version

Last edited:
I liked the last two Tomb Raider games, so here's hoping it would begood.

I hope it's not the disaster Avengers turned out to be.

With fewer possible faces to join the Guardians, I think they would have a different approach.

I just hope the villains aren't mostly the same, a lot more intriguing bosses and what I hate the most after playing hundreds of games in the last 3 years is picking up gears from defeated enemies only to dismantle, drop or sell them. I don't want that. I also hope we can swap characters in an instant. It felt limiting in Avengers that you can choose your team but you can't swap the playable character during mission.

Though I can definitely see them use costumes for microtransactions.

Which is worrisome because other than this and Spidey sequel, there's no triple A Marvel game in development. So its just going to be GOTG and Spidey 2 for the neXt 3 to 5 years.

Yeah, ideally we really should have games for characters like Venom, Ghost Rider, Iron-man, X-men etc, but it's next to nothing.

It's something, I guess. Xcom is a turn based strategy rpg. It could be potentially good for having a wide range of characters, but I really want to see action games that centre on single characters, like Venom or a Ghost Rider game where you get to ride around on his bike or an open world Iron-man.

It's something, I guess. Xcom is a turn based strategy rpg. It could be potentially good for having a wide range of characters, but I really want to see action games that centre on single characters, like Venom or a Ghost Rider game where you get to ride around on his bike or an open world Iron-man.
At this point anyone out of the MCU big four should have gotten a game. Iron Man got that a VR game for ps4.... but its VR - which is still a niche market. Its not comparable to Batman Arkham and Spider-Man Insomniac.

While the other 3, their last game were either a movie tie with dodgy graphics and bad reviews or a mobile game that I'm unaware of.

We should have gotten solo games for those four, then we should have been looking forward to a solo game for Dr. Strange, Capt. Marvel, Black Panther, Black Widow and even Ant-Man by now. Given how successful the movies are (and the last two Spider-Man games), Marvel could have handed this to different developers.

It’ll be fun if they use some of the zany marvel cosmic characters we haven’t seen in the movies yet. I think if they try too hard to be like the movie it’ll flop like the avengers game

There's a lot of untapped potential there with not only Guardians of the Galaxy, but Silver Surfer and Nova too.

Right? Last thing we need is another AAA Marvel game flop. They'd probably just think, "screw it, let's just stick to milking the brand on mobile".

That might be a good thing. I really thought the Spider-Man game would be the start of something new and special for future Marvel games. Unfortunately, it wasn't.

That might be a good thing. I really thought the Spider-Man game would be the start of something new and special for future Marvel games. Unfortunately, it wasn't.

Me too, but I hope they don't try for a mcu style shared universe. I don't see them having the success the mcu had at that, plus the synergy with the mcu just becomes overbearing, whereas I think game adaptations give better opportunities to present more comic accurate depictions.

Me too, but I hope they don't try for a mcu style shared universe. I don't see them having the success the mcu had at that, plus the synergy with the mcu just becomes overbearing, whereas I think game adaptations give better opportunities to present more comic accurate depictions.

I don't think we need a shared universe in the games. Not quite the same things. Plus a lot of these will be made over separate devs anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"