Guardians of the Galaxy from Eidos

I'm weirdly looking forward to this, and happy that Abnett seems to be involved. That said, I wish they would try to steer away a little more from movie designs and characterisation since these clearly aren't MCU games.

Does it look pretty good? They couldn't even get a stable framerate for a vertical slice of a game coming out in 4 months. Honestly, this looks like a really cheap version of the Final Fantasy 7 Remake. It's hard to get worse then the Avengers game, but they might have actually did it.
Well compared to the Tellgame: yes in my view. I at least thinks it looks more entertaining than the Avengers game, but I don’t have any high expectations for this. It’s not something that I’m even remotely anticipating massively. I like the look of the planets they’re exploring, and I personally enjoyed some of the character interactions this trailer showed and gameplay looked pretty fun, imo. Now it likely won’t be any good, I admit but for myself this left me with a pretty good first impression.

What's with the designs? Not crazy about those. Looks alright - I don't see how it could be worse than the Avengers game. Pretty lame you can only play as Quill though. I'll wait and see what people say about it and for a price drop before thinking about picking it up.

Okay so the gameplay doesn't look too bad. Still, I'm gonna wait on this one.

Last edited:
For my buck, I doubt I will ever pick up this game, even out of curiosity. At best I might watch some people play on youtube, but this honestly looks pretty bad. If Avengers was everything wrong with the modern video game, this looks like the complete opposite and is a game that might've been fine 15 years ago.

For christ sake, how do you have frame rate issues while presenting at E3? That's embarrassing for a game that comes out in a few months. Thank god Sony and Insomniac were able to get their hands on Spider-Man.

It's a shame it has major framerate issues at this stage, but I thought the overall game looked fun. I would have liked to have had the chance to play as the rest of the team, it seems like a missed opportunity for a co-op game that's not a live service.

A couple nitpicks though. Starlord has rocket boots, which we see him use to perform a double-jump just moments before he falls down a slope as the ground gives way. Then later there's a bridge that's out, but it's only a short distance. Did the developers forget they gave Quill his rocket boots?

Characters seem fun, but Avengers combat was ****, and this combat doesn't look much better.

I don't get the hate it didn't blow me away but it didn't look bad either looks better than the avengers and I didn't see any frame rate issues at all. So yeah I don't the negatives.

I don't get the hate it didn't blow me away but it didn't look bad either looks better than the avengers and I didn't see any frame rate issues at all. So yeah I don't the negatives.
Have you watched the actual presentation? Because there was most certainly framerate drops. In a vertical slice for a game presentation that was not played live.

Looks fun. They got the chemistry between all the characters right. It’s a shame everything has to be mcu related but I guess that’s the world we’re in now. I.l definitely check it out

Have you watched the actual presentation? Because there was most certainly framerate drops. In a vertical slice for a game presentation that was not played live.

Yes I watched the show and frame rate seem just fine.

The dialogue was grating within the first 5 minutes of gameplay.

And that they chose the least interesting member for you to play as. But I guess Quill works as generic video game guy close enough.

Me opening up the first look and gameplay videos and seeing that Quill is the only playable character:

this-happens-everyday

Say what you will about Avengers but at least that game let you play as the whole team.

Me opening up the first look and gameplay videos and seeing that Quill is the only playable character:

this-happens-everyday

Say what you will about Avengers but at least that game let you play as the whole team.
I still can't get over this.

I think people are being a little too hard on this. I do want to give the game a look.

Basically, it looks like they are taking cues from Mass Effect, where you play as the team or squad leader and can give commands to your squad to do various things or execute various attacks.

Basically, it looks like a Mass Effect clone.

As for playing as the other characters, I would've wanted to play as the rest of the team as well. They probably couldn't figure out how to make that work. without compromising their game mechanics and set up.

But when you make a video game based on a Marvel team of heroes, of course people are going to be upset because they want to play as the other characters. That's a valid complaint.

Daredevil is more suited for a single-player story driven experience.

I think people are being a little too hard on this. I do want to give the game a look.

Basically, it looks like they are taking cues from Mass Effect, where you play as the team or squad leader and can give commands to your squad to do various things or execute various attacks.

Basically, it looks like a Mass Effect clone.

As for playing as the other characters, I would've wanted to play as the rest of the team as well. They probably couldn't figure out how to make that work. without compromising their game mechanics and set up.

But when you make a video game based on a Marvel team of heroes, of course people are going to be upset because they want to play as the other characters. That's a valid complaint.

Daredevil is more suited for a single-player story driven experience.
A Daredevil game is what should have been made. This looks so… meeeh

A Daredevil game is what should have been made. This looks so… meeeh

I think a single-player Daredevil game similar to what Insomniac did with Spider-Man, but much darker would've been good. A Daredevil game was being made in 00s but it got scrapped. But back then everything that was getting a movie was getting a game spinoff between Hulk, Punisher, Blade, X-Men, et al. The Punisher game is actually a decent shooter game and highly underrated. It was more of a comic adaptation than a game one.

I guess my question is, how do make the Guardians of the Galaxy into a video game while avoiding the pitfalls of Square Enix's Avengers?

I think maybe the best thing you could've maybe done is gone for a more arcade style brawler or beat 'em up like Captain America and the Avengers or TMNT. .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"