Star Trek: General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just picked up Star Trek today on blu-ray! This was the BEST movie of 2009! I love living in NY where you can always pick up DVD's before their release dates I'm getting ready to watch it now...

Blu Ray is awesome. To some people the quality may not matter, but I love it. It just enhances the experience for me.

Blu Ray is awesome. To some people the quality may not matter, but I love it. It just enhances the experience for me.

Agreed, it enhances watching movies so much it is unbelievable, and I simply cant wait for Star Trek on blu-ray, will look sensational.

All these talk about blu-ray makes me want to buy a blu-ray player so I can get this movie in this format. However, we don't have a big plasma TV and my wife always insist that we won't get to see the quality difference anyway, so blu-ray won't justify its cost.

People also tend to forget one little fact.....not everyone has blueray eyes. A wink is as good as a nod to a blind man.

All these talk about blu-ray makes me want to buy a blu-ray player so I can get this movie in this format. However, we don't have a big plasma TV and my wife always insist that we won't get to see the quality difference anyway, so blu-ray won't justify its cost.

How big is your TV?

Mine is only 32" which isnt huge and its a flat screen but not a plasma and the picture is stunning on blu-ray.

That's why I didn't even bother with Blu-ray until I bought an HDTV. I bought my first HDTV (a 37" 720p) last November, Blu-ray player in December...been loving it ever since. I got a total of 17 movies on Blu so far.

i would love to upgrade to a bluray. But right now strapped for cash and in the process of getting a job. But first i need to upgrade to a nice HDTV and then bluray to have the full effects of bluray and all that. But i am just as happy with my standard dvd player.

People also tend to forget one little fact.....not everyone has blueray eyes. A wink is as good as a nod to a blind man.

Unless you suffer from some severe visual impairment(s), the difference in video quality is instantly noticeable, especially in recently made films. Audio is superb too.

Everyone's money weary although with black friday coming up expect some good deals on blu-ray players.

I can't even see that good{not to mention I have a sucky 19 inch tv} and while I'm not going to notice as much as some, I can certainly tell there's a difference.

Though I guess it depends on the person.

i think the problem is (at least for me) the quality isnt that much better to justify replacing my dvd collection (250 dvds)

I'm never replacing my DVDs. And besides, even if it's inferior to Blu-Ray, DVD is still really good.

As of now, I am perfectly fine with DVDs. When BluRay players AND movies become reasonably affordable, I'll change.

But wouldn't you say BD movies are becoming cheaper? Several new releases have been $20 or less at Amazon or Walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"