Resistance Star Wars Resistance Discussion Thread

Resistance is 2D, isn't it?

Plus if it is coming out in Autumn then it must every far along in production so any new hires would surely be for another project.

IIRC Resistance is only 2D anime-inspired, but the series can be 3D or 2D.

Anybody know when we can expect some more news on this? I'm pretty excited for it.

The show is supposed to debut in the fall. So we should be seeing material soon.

IIRC Resistance is only 2D anime-inspired, but the series can be 3D or 2D.

That is very true.

I do suspect it is 2D though. Filoni has spoken several times that he'd love to do a 2D Star Wars show. I want it too - just for a change in style.

I'd like to see a new 2d Star Wars animated series as well. I heard Disney really wanted Resistance to be 3d, but Filoni/Lucasfilm pushed for 2d. Don't know how true that may be.

If it is 2D animated, I hope it's not hyper-stylized and angular.

Was never overtly fond of design or models for Rebels or Clone Wars.

I'm hoping they get inspired by Oban Star Racers!

I wouldnt mind having an anime style series like Fullmetal Alchemist or this...

[Yt]E9GRYa_3gno[/MEDIA]

Hmm, not sure how I feel about the art style just yet. Just going off that picture, obviously. Hopefully we will get a trailer soon.

With Clone Wars and Rebels I wasnt pleased with the art styles at first, but both art styles became appealing in the long run. This time however I like the art style from the start. Hopefully I like it in the finished product.

With Clone Wars and Rebels I wasnt pleased with the art styles at first, but both art styles became appealing in the long run. This time however I like the art style from the start. Hopefully I like it in the finished product.

Good point. I as well was not a fan of the look of Clone Wars/Rebels at first, but over time, I came to absolutely love them. Especially Clone Wars, which progressively got better every season. I think Rebels didn't improve with it's style each season like Clone Wars did.

I am pretty excited for The Clone Wars Anniversary panel at Comic Con. Maybe they will tease the trailer at the end of the panel or something.

Looks interesting, but it's also just some early artwork. Want to see how it is in motion.

I don't hate it though. I'm glad that it looks different than Rebels and Clone Wars. Honestly, the art style is an improvement at first glance.

At the same time, it looks like they are going for that CG cel-shaded look. That style in animation can be hit and miss. The animation better not look choppy.

The main character doesn't look like Jacen Syndulla. No green hair.

Last edited:
Looks interesting, but it's also just some early artwork. Want to see how it is in motion.

I don't hate it though. I'm glad that it looks different than Rebels and Clone Wars. Honestly, the art style is an improvement at first glance.

At the same time, it looks like they are going for that CG cel-shaded look. That style in animation can be hit and miss. The animation better not look choppy.

Yeah, that's why I'm questionable about the art style from the picture, it kinda looks CG cel-shaded. Which like you said, can be hit or miss.

I guess when I heard "anime inspired" my mind went more towards a Last Airbender style.

Kazuda Xiono, the character voiced by Christopher Sean will be the main character.

Is it pronounced Shiono or Ziono?

Germany's Fernsehserien site announced that the first 10 episodes of Star Wars Resistance would air in Germany on Disney XD from October 13th in the Saturday 9.30 am slot. First season has 22 episodes. Episodes will repeat at 5pm Saturday and 7am Sunday. First episode's name is "The Recruit". The article has been taken down, however you can read the cache here.

Is it a Saturday morning cartoon everywhere, or is that just when Germany is airing it?

If its a Saturday morning cartoon everywhere then it will probably be very kid friendly. Even more kid friendly than Rebels which was more kid friendly than Clone Wars.

Expectations lowered for now.

Is it a Saturday morning cartoon everywhere, or is that just when Germany is airing it?

I think it's just DisneyXD in Germany. The article has been taken down too, but I think that's because they don't want leak, not because the information isn't accurate.

Surprised the show is supposed to start this fall and we've still seen next to nothing for it. Is that normal?

Surprised the show is supposed to start this fall and we've still seen next to nothing for it. Is that normal?

Nope. Rebels had a 1 minute teaser in May 2014 and a full trailer in July 2014.

But I dont think its necessarily reason to worry. Disney probably just doesnt feel the need to market the show as heavily. Hoping to ride the momentum left by Rebels.

Plus, it's a cartoon on Disney XD. A lot of star wars fans will have heard something about the show already and will check it out regardless. The people that think theyre too "cool" to watch a cartoon or just dont care about a star wars cartoon probably wont be won over by a trailer. And young kids will pretty much watch anything that catches their attention and they dont much care about trailers to cartoons so a trailer will be wasted on the young children.

All Disney really needs to do is have some blurbs on Disney XD during other shows' commercial breaks. Something like, "Check out the new star wars show! Premiers on *insert date*." And release a full trailer online sometime in the next month.

Nope. Rebels had a 1 minute teaser in May 2014 and a full trailer in July 2014.

But I dont think its necessarily reason to worry. Disney probably just doesnt feel the need to market the show as heavily. Hoping to ride the momentum left by Rebels.

Plus, it's a cartoon on Disney XD. A lot of star wars fans will have heard something about the show already and will check it out regardless. The people that think theyre too "cool" to watch a cartoon or just dont care about a star wars cartoon probably wont be won over by a trailer. And young kids will pretty much watch anything that catches their attention and they dont much care about trailers to cartoons so a trailer will be wasted on the young children.

All Disney really needs to do is have some blurbs on Disney XD during other shows' commercial breaks. Something like, "Check out the new star wars show! Premiers on *insert date*." And release a full trailer online sometime in the next month.
Yeah and Rebels debuted in the fall of 2014.

It's August now, and we've only gotten like one actual image release which was the logo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"