Star Wars Visions (Anime Anthology)

Yeah, additionally, the French Studio La Cachette was responsible for Genndy Tartakovsky's "Primal" series.
So I'm looking forward to their take on Star Wars.

Aardman and Star Wars should go together like cheese and crackers.

Bro the Visions trailer didn't need to open so hard like that.

Looks incredible again, the first Visions was some of the best "Star Wars" stuff they've done in some time. Really inventive and some really neat short stories and great lightsaber fights. This looks like more of the same, cant wait.

Man, I was so overwhelmed watching that earlier, I got super emotional.

I already loved the first season and it’s different artstyles, but all of the ones for this season look even more artistically diverse than that! These look incredible!

This just easily became my most anticipated upcoming Star Wars project for this year!

Okay, finished a rewatch of volume 1, time to get ready for Vol 2.

Okay, finished Vol 2. I will say, I think it is much better than Vol 1. It feels much more diverse. As good as Vol 1 was, and as different as the various animations were, you can only do "Star Wars, but with Japan stuff" so much before it kind of blends together. Such a wide different array of cultures represented, its great.

I have a tough time figuring out which was my favorite. I know Journey to the Dark Head is likely to be the main fav, and reasonably so. It is god tier Studio Mir, I mean, god damn. Its amazing. But I don't think it is necessarily mine. Not to diss it, because again, god damn Studio Mir, but it felt a little too familiar at times.

I am leaning toward Sith, because it is so amazingly visually creative. I Am Your Mother, because it was hilarious, and with so many serious stories told, it was a breath of fresh air. The surprise contender for me is probably The Spy Dancer. One of the few stories without the Force involved. Some real beautiful animation, and a surprise twist that was great.

Sith was an amazing start to volume 2. Only watched a couple so far but the contrast in styles is far more apparent this time. Its so nice to see ideas and themes that are deffo Star Wars but not all tied back to the Skywalkers saga like everything else seems to be in live action these days, so refreshing and good to see some evolved and forward thinking on the universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"