Star Wars Visions (Anime Anthology)

Have done the first 5.

- Sith: Beautiful, haunting, and what kick ass hair. The more abstract episodes really take advantage of the possbilities when it comes to setting and tech. I love, love, love the ship here.

- Screecher's Reach: This one almost sent me into depression. This season has a lock down on adorable kids, and it starts here. A proper horror story, with an ending that had me thinking about it all day.

- In the Stars: Again with the adorable. This one does a great job of capturing the solidary of the light side of of the Force, as opposed to the loneliness of the dark side with Reach. I don't want to just saying, "wow this art is awesome", but it all really is. I think the selection of voice actors going more with the studios locations was a brilliant idea.

- I Am Your Mother: I'm a sucker for Aardman, and this was no different. The lightness here was necessary and I chuckled more then a few times, while my brother belly laughed throughout.

- Journey to the Dark Head: The episode this season that will get a lot of, "they should make this one into something". And I wouldn't complain. At it's heart Star Wars can be so simple, especially when it comes to the Jedi and Sith. And yet, that never stops it from being compelling. I could watch blue and red fight for all eternity, and Mir knows how make it look good.

Overall so far, I think it's a much stronger set then volume 1. I think the variety helps makes each episode feel fresh and a joy. My favorite so far has probably been Reach, but I've loved them all.

Last edited:
Yeah, Screecher's Reach was really haunting. The way they drew the being in the caves right through to the ominous ending, some really incredible visual work from Cartoon Saloon. That's not even mentioning the phenomenal opening shot of the facility that conveyed everything you needed to know in seconds.

Last edited:
I'm watching it first thing this Saturday morning. I cannot WAIT!

But I'm glad to see you guys thought it was much better than Season 1.

I thought Season 1 was ok, but IMO there were only two memorable episodes: The 9th Jedi and
the Elder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"