State your unpopular book or music related opinion

Out of the four grunge bands.

I always thought Alice In Chains were better than Nirvana musically and as a band.
I agree!

IMO Nirvana, Beatles and Metallica are the 3 most overrated band. And it looks like a lot of people think the same :cwink:

The Beatles are "overhyped" because they did so much for music. Their impact is undeniable, whether you like the actual tunes or not.

If I never hear Ed Sheeran's "Perfect" again, it will be too soon.

As sort of a follow up to this post, I don't like Ed Sheeran in general. It's nothing personal against the guy (I know nothing about him as a person), but I just find his songs terribly annoying. I've hated "Shape of You" since I first heard it and only realized the other day that it was by Ed Sheeran. I can't explain my dislike for his music, but hearing one of his songs come on the radio instantly makes me want to leave the room until it's over. A lot of modern pop kind of gets on my nerves, but Sheeran's music really rubs me the wrong way for some reason.

I do like his song from the second Hobbit though.

I don't like Freebird :csad:

I find the song irritating and way too long.

As sort of a follow up to this post, I don't like Ed Sheeran in general. It's nothing personal against the guy (I know nothing about him as a person), but I just find his songs terribly annoying. I've hated "Shape of You" since I first heard it and only realized the other day that it was by Ed Sheeran. I can't explain my dislike for his music, but hearing one of his songs come on the radio instantly makes me want to leave the room until it's over. A lot of modern pop kind of gets on my nerves, but Sheeran's music really rubs me the wrong way for some reason.

I do like his song from the second Hobbit though.

Ed Sheeran rubs me the wrong way as well. Some of it is because of the way he writes his songs, some of it is over-saturation and some of it can't be explained.

I would like to retract an unpopular opinion. I initially dismissed Greta Van Fleet, but upon further inspection they do have a handful of good tunes.

Last edited:
In the book world I recently attempted a super hero novel titles 'Renegades'. I was rather disappointed with the lack of character development and felt too much of it relied on overdone super hero stereotypes.

I can't believe more people appreciate Lang Leav's poetry than Charles Bukowski.

I think Sarah J Maas is overrated, even though there are other authors in her genre, who write better and don't get the hype she does.

I don't care for Bohemian Rhapsody all that much. I don't hate it by any means, but I don't get why it's so often considered one of the greatest songs of all time. Part of it might be because when I was a teenager (or maybe even younger) my friend heard the song on TV and used to walk around singing "Mama just killed a man..", which was hilarious to me and my friends at that age. I assumed it was a Weird Al song or something. My next experience hearing the song was during the Suicide Squad trailer, which further killed any enjoyment I might find in it. Aside from those aspects, I just don't find the song catchy or listenable.

Different music genre were combined to create an extraordinary song with extraordinary arrangement and multiple emphasis on different parts of the song worked well to amaze the listeners.

I prefer Lady Gaga and Pink's voices over Beyoncé's. I said it.

My most unpopular music opinion is definitely that I'm just not really a fan of The Beatles. You should see how many people get offended when I say that.. only for them to get even more pissed at me when my next sentence is about how big of an Elvis Presley fan I am. Haha.

IMO Nirvana, Beatles and Metallica are the 3 most overrated band. And it looks like a lot of people think the same :cwink:
Muh Nirvana..... One of my favorites.

I'm really indifferent towards The Beatles. But I think both formed trends in their respective time.

I think One Direction are the new The Beatles.

My most unpopular music opinion is definitely that I'm just not really a fan of The Beatles. You should see how many people get offended when I say that.. only for them to get even more pissed at me when my next sentence is about how big of an Elvis Presley fan I am. Haha.
Well, as they say in Pulp Fiction, you’re either a Beatles person or an Elvis person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"