My suggestion are:

bow-wow-16th-annual-nickelodeon-kids-choice-awards-SWeope.jpg

Bow Wow! for Static, any ideas?. ...

Bye

You mean Static

and...

Oh god, no.

Hell no to bow wow, lets get someone who can act

Wait a couple years, let Will Smith's son take the job.

Static's story is more akin to Spider-Man's; get a young actor to play a part about a teenage superhero trying to cope with the discovery of his powers and dealing with his teenage life.

I swear when I first saw the preview for that dumbass movie "like mike" which had the same kid in it where he gets electric shocked, I thought for a second maybe thats a movie based on the static shock cartoon but nooooooooooooooooooooooo it'sd a dumbass movie named "like mike" that movies gay as hell :cmad: and so is the so-called actor

Wait a couple years, let Will Smith's son take the job.

Static's story is more akin to Spider-Man's; get a young actor to play a part about a teenage superhero trying to cope with the discovery of his powers and dealing with his teenage life.

Well said...
But it's also a teeny bit of a copout... as though there aren't talented young actors to be had. Assuming this thing is 3-5 years down the pipe:

Virgil Hawkins/Static: Malcolm David Kelley (Lost)
Daisy Watkins: Keke Palmer (Akeelah)
Frieda Goren: Taylor Dooley (Lavagirl)
Francis Stone/Hotstreak: ???
Richie Foley: (as a cartoon-only character, I'm not sure he should be in it)

My suggestions

Static Shock
MarlonWayans.jpg

Richie
shia-labeouf.jpg

Static's Dad
Forest.jpg

Statics Sister
reginahall044.jpg

Statics Love Interest
megan-good-05.jpg

Stactic is supposed ot be in his teens, so no to Marlon

They don't have to follow his age exactly, I'd rather him be older anyway.

some of my old picks, (their probably still young enough, I think?)

Virgil Hawkins / Static- Khleo Thomas

Richie Foley / Gear- Bobby Edner

Daisy Watkins - Kyla Pratt

I don't know acting wise anymore, but, i'd still say they have the look, anyway

I don't know if people hemmorage acting skill... if they did it before, unless they've gone through something horrendous, they can do it again...

forgive my youthful ignorance...but i didnt think static was a dc character. i remember in the cartoon that spiderman made more than 1 appearence....could someone please set me straight?!?

Spider-Man was never in it, but the Justice League. Hell, Static himeself was in a couple of episodes of Justice League Unlimited.
27.jpg

Also, its kind of funny how many people seem to not even realize that he was a comic character before he was a tv character and and only mention stuff exclusive to the tv show in here.

NO! he never made an appearance, u must be thinking of something else. he's in the DCAU universe but i dont necessarily know if he's part of DC comics or an extension

NO! he never made an appearance, u must be thinking of something else. he's in the DCAU universe but i dont necessarily know if he's part of DC comics or an extension

He was part of a since dead DC comics imprint that focused on minority heroes. The imprint was, in fact, dead long before the series was even created.

Technically, he's in the DC universe though. They could merchandise the hell out of this, not only from fans of the cartoon, but from some of the older comics as well, but they'd have to do it right. I'd like to see some of the bang baby villains, like Shiv, Hot Streak, and Ebon as the big bad.

hhm...wonder what i was thinking of then. becaue for some reason i remember seeing the two together...oh well..

why not sam jones III from smallville?
PeteRoss_1196970183-000.jpg

I'm just surprised that after the show they didn't put more effort into integrating him into the DCU proper. I mean, it was my least favourite DCAU show and all, but still.

why not sam jones III from smallville?
PeteRoss_1196970183-000.jpg

You get points for suggesting someone who doesn't already have an afro, or dreads, or cornrows. That shows that you're at least TRYING when it comes to suggesting someone.

if they make a static movie hope they do it based more on the comic than the show.

0000043637_20071004105156.jpg

friday-night-lights-20070618060336527.jpg

fnlgauis.jpg

I'm telling you, dude from Friday Night Lights. He's actually pretty phenomenal in the role. He was only born in 1983, which shocked me.

i want him cast as cyborg in a TT movie, that the only reason i say no to him as Static

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"