Live-Action Static Shock movie?

I too watched the cartoon from start to finish(and own an handful of the old Static comics as well) so I'd definitely love to see it. I think the casting ideas here aren't the best though. Why not(wait for it) and unknown! I think Static and Richie should be unknowns and they should cast more known actors as the villains, Virgil's family, teaching staff, etc.

As the cartoon was more popular, Hot Streak or Ebon are good ideas for villains.

I would love to see a Static movie, and I really like the idea of Jayden Smith to play Static when he is a little older of course.

Plus he does have some really cool villians you can put on the screen.

just because that crumbsnatcher is Will Smiths son doesn't mean he can act....I'd be for this film as it can send a good message

i've noticed people talking about gear being in a possible static movie... but from what ive read online gear isnt in the comics, wasn't he made for the tv show? correct me if im wrong...also wasnt he gay too?

He was so gay that even the homosexual community and Sacha Baron Cohen's Bruno avoided him. Most walk out of the closet, he jumped out and did a little dance...

lmao thanks. I never read any of the comics, but i watched the show and loved it. I am thinking of reading some though, any recommendations?

I loved this show! I remember they had a cool Batman and Robin redesign on this show.

Who would go see it, though? Static Shock is nobody's favourite superhero.
First of all his name is Static not "Static Shock" and second the cartoon was the #1 show for as long as it was on.

They'd go with the cartoon, it's the more known entity. the comic is cool, but quite different.

I'd be pissed off if they made a movie about the show. I loved the cartoon just as much as I loved the comic but it would be messed up to make a movie out of the cartoon. The cartoon basically butchered the character dwayne mcduffie created. If Superman or Batman were based on the cartoon version and not the comic nobody would've went to see that. If people actually payed attention to the way things should be they'd like the comic too.

I loved the tv show as a kid, I never actually read the comic book though. As for a movie, I feel that if a Black Panther movie gets made and we see the that Black Super heroes work (this is assuming the Black Panther movie is done well and correctly). then we could have Static Shock.

Static would be fun to see, but I think they would have to cast an unknown. Because unfortunately there are a small amount of young black actors on there

A Static movie could be pulled off. They just need to know who their market is. Are they going to do an all ages type flick like Spider-man, or are they going to do something that's geared towards the kids? Either way would make money if they choose to go forward with it.

I don't want to try and discourage people who would like to see a movie of this show, since I understand that there are a lot of people who liked it but... I thought this show was extremely corny. If they want to make a movie out of it I'm not going to get in their way, but I'd rather they put their resources towards a better property. And really, why do Static Shock when they can do Black Lightning?

He's a much older hero with a richer history, and he was one of the first major black superheroes. Static Shock in a lot of ways seems like "Black Lightning Jr." to me...

Last edited:
Black Lightning isnt interesting at all. Besides the fact that hes one of the first African American comic characters he's not cool at all.

Static at least has an interesting back story

Black Lightning isnt interesting at all. Besides the fact that hes one of the first African American comic characters he's not cool at all.

Static at least has an interesting back story

Have you read Tony Isabella's second volume of Black Lightning in the 90s? If not, then check it out. It's a really good comic. It's one of my favorite DC comics. The art is pretty good too.

I remember purchasing a 'Static Shock' comic book drawn by Humberto Ramos a long while ago, and remembering how much I LOVED it. He was a cool, interesting hero. The comic was a bit darker than the animated series, but that was enjoyable as well.

They really should turn this into a film! Jaden Smith might be a good choice maybe five/six years down the line. I'm not impressed with his acting just yet, but he'll hopefully get better with more experience. Corbin Bleu could probably pull it off too:

[YT]La27Acyl9tU[/YT]

^Apologies if you felt you lost minutes of your life from watching that trailer. :p

Last edited:
I don't want to try and discourage people who would like to see a movie of this show, since I understand that there are a lot of people who liked it but... I thought this show was extremely corny. If they want to make a movie out of it I'm not going to get in their way, but I'd rather they put their resources towards a better property. And really, why do Static Shock when they can do Black Lightning?

He's a much older hero with a richer history, and he was one of the first major black superheroes. Static Shock in a lot of ways seems like "Black Lightning Jr." to me...

Why do they have to base it on the show? Why not base it on Static's comic (which WASN'T corny), which lasted almost 50 issues? Plus, Static's powerset is way more varied and complex than Black Lightning's.

It would be fine as long as there is no character younger than 16 for this film. Otherwise it will turn into a preteen flick like Disney throws out every other month it seems.

I would love a live action Static flick. Have Ebon as the main villian. Static has a good rogue gallery. And the tv show was the best.

i remember the show, i thought it was pretty terrible. That lightning character looks pretty cool tho

I was thinking since a theatical film is less likely to happen for this character. Even though if done right would probably turn out to be a decent/good film. What if smallville had the character pop up for an episode. He would be a very easy character for smallville to display with their budget and they could always have another african american character.

Why not? The Static character actually has a decent following thanks to the cartoon and now he's part of the Teen Titans in the comics and is leaving a good impression in my opinion (dude beat Jericho, preventing him from killing the titans in their headquarters plus he kicked tons of butt before that when he was captured and made to fight in a tournament where he beat Ravager)

As for the movie, they could combine the ideas from both the comic and the cartoon.

It would be awesome to have a live-action Static Movie! I was a fan of both the comic and show, and the movie wouldn't be right if they didn't have some of the darkness of the comic book. Even though Virgil is a nerd he still lives in the ghetto and they should't shy away from that. It Should'nt be a "Urban" film but it should definitely have that element. Go for a PG-13 and Hold off on Gear to the Sequel.

P.S.: Static's flying disk would make So much more sense if he was a Skater!

P.P.S...A live action Blood Syndicate Film should come out before the sequel but thats another Topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"