DC Comics Heroes That Should Have Their Own Movies

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
1) Green Arrow
2) Martian Manhunter
3) Lobo
4) Static Shock

Now these are the heroes if anything that in my opinion deserve their own franchises, yes Arrow has proven to be a success as far as the CW Network but still I think Arrow deserves his own movie franchise or at least build him up enough that he can cameo in DC Comics films leading up to the inevitable Justice League film which will get made eventually I'm sure

Same with Martian Manhunter but with Lobo he should also have his own franchise

As for Static Shock, another hero from DC Comics who should be brought on to the big screen

1) Teen Titans
2) Green Arrow
3) Birds Of Prey
4) Martian Manhunter

Martian Manhunter can open up a different world, since he is from Mars, since Krypton has already been established, it would be cool to see another alien planet be featured and be different to Krypton.

If Wonder Woman becomes a Hunger Games-esque success, then WB might be open to do another female centred movie. A female team movie could be Birds of Prey, which can establish a group of female heroes, which can result in introducing more of the crime fighting world, outside of Batman.

If done right, then DC would have established a lot of female characters, who can interweave into the DCCU.

Teen Titans can establish that sidekicks can be heroes on their own and establish a new generation of heroes to save Earth, if the Justice League were off world fighting aliens on another planet.

I've been open-minded with having sidekicks in the DCCU, since sidekicks are mostly a DC staple, as a opposed to Marvel. Younger heroes can be interesting characters, like Static Shock or Barbara Gordon if given the chance.

The CW show has made Green Arrow a popular character and has appeal, which could mean he can cameo in a Justice League movie or the Batman standalone to establish his character for audiences to get invested in.

I've always been an avid supporter of including Green Arrow into the DCCU, if Hawkeye can be successful and popular among fans in the MCU, then the Emerald Archer should get the same chance.

Yes Green Arrow could be the Hawkeye of DC Comics especially if he is established in DC Comics movies going forward in the sense of having him cameo

Nightwing
Teen Titans
Green Arrow
Martian Manhunter
Plastic Man
Hawkman
JSA
Catwoman
The Joker
Lobo
New Gods
Blue Beetle/Booster Gold

I feel thoroughly satisfied with Arrow so I won't be upset if he isn't included in the DCCU. Martian Manhunter is a character that deserves more recognition in all forms of media to be honest. His backstory could lead to some excellent moments a la Miss Martian in Young Justice. There is real untapped potential with him.

Last edited:
Arrow definitely deserves his own franchise but I think more so Martian Manhunter does too

Birds of Prey
Batwoman
I'd love a Black Canary & Zatanna series, kinda like Bloodspell
Power Girl
Steel if they do Death of Superman
Young Justice/Teen Titans
The Question (though I'd say he's a better fit for a Netflix show)
Batgirl (any of the three main ones)
Secret Six
New Gods
Martian Manhunter
Green Arrow

But most of all, I wants Birds of Prey and Batwoman.

Last edited:
I'd love to see a Batgirl movie. I read one of the latest issues of the recent run of her comic and thought a movie based on it would be a breathe of fresh air for the genre.

Dr Fate
Nightwing
Swamp Thing (I know he had two, but they were campy thrillers and not serious adaptations of the source)
Martian Manhunter
Batwoman
The Question (DCAU portrayal was my favorite)
Hawkgirl and/or Hawkman
Blue Beetle (Ted or Jaime is good with me)

Green Arrow. The success of his TV show has proven that.

Blue Beetle and Booster Gold.

I would like to see a Red Hood and the Outlaws movie, since this is an underrated trio that should get more attention.

The only Doom Patrol comics that I've read were the ones written by Grant Morrison. I'd like to see a Doom Patrol with all of the wackiness from the comic.

Jake Gyllenhaal in a Nightwing movie where he fights Deathstroke

Barbara Gordon/Oracle as a supporting character

with Tim Drake in a small role

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"